Windows 10: Power and Ctrl Alt Delete Options Missing.

Discus and support Power and Ctrl Alt Delete Options Missing. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For the past few weeks my power and ctrl alt delete options have been missing. What I mean is when I try to turn off my computer from the start menu it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ItsTheYoshi, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Power and Ctrl Alt Delete Options Missing.

For the past few weeks my power and ctrl alt delete options have been missing. What I mean is when I try to turn off my computer from the start menu it has no options for Sleep, Shutdown or Restart (Screenshot attached). The only why to turn off the computer is through the power options in Ctrl Alt Delete screen but on this screen it is missing every option other than Lock and the 3 power options.

Power and Ctrl Alt Delete Options Missing. [​IMG]

This happened after a windows update a few weeks ago. I tried to revert the update but windows would not let me and I also tried reinstalling while keeping my files and apps but that did not fix the problem ether.

:)

ItsTheYoshi, Jan 3, 2017
  2. Flyer75 Win User

Cannot set a W10 PIN after Anniversary Update

I have also now tried enabling the CTRL+ALT+Delete login option. Now after logging out I need to hit CTRL+ALT+Delete. The machine then goes to a blue background with the little circular thinking balls forever (I assume, after (after 15 minutes I held the
    power button to shutdown). Upon reboot CTRL+ALT+Delete works to log me in, but again after Win+L I am locked out until forcibly powering machine off.

Note, CTRL+ALT+Delete login was this:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

DisableCAD = 0

Flyer75, Jan 3, 2017
  3. jayne gee Win User
    Unable to shut down, power button doesn't give the option.

my computer power button icon does nt give me the option to shut down ,alt+ctrl+delete and alt +f4 are not active either what can be the problem am using windows 2010

<Original Title: power button>

jayne gee, Jan 3, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Power and Ctrl Alt Delete Options Missing.

This problem may just be for this one user profile. Do you have another account you could try? If you only have the one account, try creating another local account, them for good measure make that an administrator. Now log into that account and see if the power options are there.

In the mean time, there are other ways to find a power button. If you sign out there should be one at the bottom right of the log in screen. A right-click on Start should also bring up a 'Shut down or sign out' option.

Bree, Jan 3, 2017
  5. I started to get more issues on computer now so I have deiced to revert the system to defaults in the hopes that it will fix my issue.

ItsTheYoshi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Power and Ctrl Alt Delete Options Missing.

1. Power and Ctrl Alt Delete Options Missing. - Similar Threads - Power Ctrl Alt

2. ctrl alt delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ctrl alt delete: Hello Microsoft peopleI have a question is using control alt delete to shut down your PC have any side effects, Or does it work just like a regular shutdown? My friend was having problems with his PC, and I thought that might be it. If you shut your PC down improperly enough,...
  3. ctrl alt delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ctrl alt delete: Hello Microsoft peopleI have a question is using control alt delete to shut down your PC have any side effects, Or does it work just like a regular shutdown? My friend was having problems with his PC, and I thought that might be it. If you shut your PC down improperly enough,...
  4. Disable alternatives to Ctrl-Alt-Delete

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable alternatives to Ctrl-Alt-Delete: Corporate recently pushed a cumulative update to W10 Enterprise 21H2 that hosed my computer - in a weird way.Laptop would boot to windows, but then at the secure login screen I was presented with "Press and hold the power button, then press the volume down button to login"...
  5. Change Password Is Missing From Ctrl+Alt+Del Options

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change Password Is Missing From Ctrl+Alt+Del Options: I have been using Windows 10 for a while now. And for a long time now, I've never bothered to change my password until now. I have an experience with previous versions of the Windows operating systems such as Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 etc. Anytime I wanted to change my logon password,...
  6. Change Password Is Missing From Ctrl+Alt+Del Options

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Password Is Missing From Ctrl+Alt+Del Options: I have been using Windows 10 for a while now. And for a long time now, I've never bothered to change my password until now. I have an experience with previous versions of the Windows operating systems such as Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 etc. Anytime I wanted to change my logon password,...
  7. Why are ctrl delete and alt delete are swapped?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are ctrl delete and alt delete are swapped?: I reformatted my SSD and got a fresh install of Win10 running last night. After installing my NVIDIA/Razer peripheral drivers (keyboard/mouse), I spent some minutes downloading my usual software from chromium edge and all of a sudden my alt+del shortcut to delete an entire...
  8. ctrl+alt+delete

in Windows 10 Customization
    ctrl+alt+delete: ctrl+alt+delete[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E4%B8%BA%E4%BB%80%E4%B9%88%E6%8C%89ctrlaltdelete/56e61828-5b0a-4cc2-a5b0-a9f6a8d1d39f
  9. CTRL, ALT + DELETE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CTRL, ALT + DELETE: CTRL, ALT + DELETE Microsoft 10, programmers, managers, CTO, and CFO. The worst machine, I have ever owned. 1. Driver compatibility issues. Microsoft Drivers!!! 2. Slow internet connections. 3. HP Support Assistant drivers are not for pro computers, even though...
  10. Ctrl Alt Delete not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ctrl Alt Delete not working: My Win10 HP laptop freezes often and when attempts are made to use Ctrl Alt Delete it no longer works-period- .. All I can do is power off .. there is no workaround so far that I have found. PLEASE HELP!...