Windows 10: Power and Sleep choices will not save

Discus and support Power and Sleep choices will not save in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I select power and sleep settings, which stay at my selection until i shut down and start up again. At that time, the settings default back to 3-4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RichardKarpiuk, Apr 10, 2022.

1. Power and Sleep choices will not save

I select power and sleep settings, which stay at my selection until i shut down and start up again. At that time, the settings default back to 3-4 minutes for each setting, so I have to re-select my preferences again. How can I save my selections?

:)

RichardKarpiuk, Apr 10, 2022

2. missing sleep menu in power

Hi,

Missing Sleep option in Power menu is usually caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • When you check the Power options in Control Panel, did you mean that the Sleep option is not displaying in the Shutdown settings?

If you haven't check the Shutdown settings in Control Panel, we suggest to do so and make sure that the Sleep option is enabled. To check the Shutdown settings, follow these steps:

• In Cortana search, type control panel.
    • Choose Control Panel from the list.
    • Click System and Security and select Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Shutdown settings, put a tick in the Sleep
      box and click Save changes.

If the Sleep option is already enabled and it still doesn't appear in the Power menu, we recommend that you keep the device drivers up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Apr 10, 2022
  3. sleep button

Hi,

The previous update you installed could be the cause as to why you encounter this issue. We would like to ask for additional information. Please provide the following:

• Which build of Windows 10 are you using? To know about it, hit
      Start, type Winver and then press
      Enter. You could also press Windows Key + R, type
      Winver into the
      Run dialog and press Enter.
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Furthermore, we suggest that you check the Power & sleep settings
    if sleep option is enabled. Here are the steps:

• Go to Search then key in Power & Sleep.
    • On far right, select Additional power settings.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Check the Change settings that are currently unavailable, then tick
      Sleep and Save Changes.
    • If you already ticked it, then un-tick it and Save Changes.
    • Go back and tick it again, then Save Changes.

Looking forward to the requested information and the results of the recommended troubleshooting steps.

PreciousLeb, Apr 10, 2022
  4. Power and Sleep choices will not save

sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Apr 10, 2022
Thema:

Power and Sleep choices will not save

1. Power and Sleep choices will not save - Similar Threads - Power Sleep choices

2. Screen Time Out Not Saved in Power and Sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Time Out Not Saved in Power and Sleep: I have my screen turn off set to one hour in Power and Sleep. Every couple of days it reverts back to 15 minutes and I have to go in to settings and change it again. How do I get this to stay on one hour?...
  3. Screen Time Out Not Saved in Power and Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Time Out Not Saved in Power and Sleep: I have my screen turn off set to one hour in Power and Sleep. Every couple of days it reverts back to 15 minutes and I have to go in to settings and change it again. How do I get this to stay on one hour?...
  4. Screen Time Out Not Saved in Power and Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Folder choice for snip image save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder choice for snip image save: How can I set my own choice of default folder in which to save the snip image?I usually choose a different folder than the [personal] Screenshots folder, but my system never remembers it....
  6. Power and Sleep choices will not save

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power and Sleep choices will not save: I select power and sleep settings, which stay at my selection until i shut down and start up again. At that time, the settings default back to 3-4 minutes for each setting, so I have to re-select my preferences again. How can I save my selections?...
  7. Power and Sleep choices will not save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power and Sleep choices will not save: I select power and sleep settings, which stay at my selection until i shut down and start up again. At that time, the settings default back to 3-4 minutes for each setting, so I have to re-select my preferences again. How can I save my selections?...
  8. Power and sleep setting won't save.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power and sleep setting won't save.: My power and sleep settings won't stay how I set them. Every time I reboot, they go back to a default of turning off the display after 1 hour and sleeping the PC at 2 hours. I don't need to save battery power on this desktop PC and I want it to stay on....
  9. Modify "Save As" Choices?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Modify "Save As" Choices?: "Save As" offers: Quick access Desktop Libraries This PC Network However, I find myself frequently navigating from This PC down to my home directory. The main question I have is: "How can I put my home directory in this list or at least in Libraries or Quick...
  10. I cannot save changes to the Power & Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    I cannot save changes to the Power & Sleep: I change Power & Sleep time from 15 min to 30 min. When I restart the time is back to 15 min. I checked and I am the admin. I changed acct to local from Win. Still no joy. Without going into some kind of registry trying stuff way over my head, isn't there some kind of...