Windows 10: Power And Sleep settings problem.

Discus and support Power And Sleep settings problem. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. After upgrading to the Windows 10 Anniversary recently, I'm getting the following problem in Power and Sleep option using screen and sleep.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tomx2, Aug 9, 2016.

1. tomx2 Win User

Power And Sleep settings problem.

Hi.

After upgrading to the Windows 10 Anniversary recently, I'm getting the following problem in Power and Sleep option using screen and sleep.

I want to change the “When plugged in turn off after” box from 4 hours to 1 minute.
    Successfully change then I exit.
    Normally, after 1 minute, my screen will dim then go black.

Now the following happens:
    1. Screen goes to the Login screen
    2. An instance of Chrome and Mozella browsers is launched
    3. Task manager & Open Office is launched
    4. Cortana sends me a msg in the top left reminding me to Water Plants”
    5. If I let the screen set longer, my Photo app gets launched.

When I tap screen then enter my logon password, all the above apps disappear at desktop menu.
    Anybody had this particular problem or know a solution?

Thanks.
    TC.

:)

tomx2, Aug 9, 2016
  2. tomx2 Win User

Here i what i did to eliminate my problem.

Turn locked screen off in Cortana.

Go to Sign-in-Options > Required sign-in. Set it to “Never”.

tomx2, Aug 9, 2016
  3. tomx2 Win User

Hi.

Tried your suggestions.

But still getting apps launching when i change the “When plugged in turn off after” box from 4 hours to 1 minute.

Can i revert back to the previous build (before Win 10 anniversary build) until i can figure this out.

Details please.

tomx2, Aug 9, 2016
Thema:

1. Power And Sleep settings problem. - Similar Threads - Power Sleep settings

2. Sleep/Power settings issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep/Power settings issue: I have a W10 machine running latest updates. I have set power to sleep after 15 minutes, but it shuts down instead of going to sleep. I have tried going through all power & sleep settings to no avail. Possibly a registry setting? Anyone have advice?...
  3. power and sleep settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power and sleep settings: I have a Surface Pro 7. I have all four power settings set to 15 minutes. My screen still turns of after 1 minute. What am I missing? What else can I change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-and-sleep-settings/62217d41-6bea-4dda-953b-cbc41a78005b
  4. power sleep settings

power sleep settings: What is a recommended time to automatically set the computer to sleep. I don't want it to turn off while I'm using it but it would be reasonable to flicker off after a period of inactivity....
  5. Cannot set power and sleep settings

Cannot set power and sleep settings: My SP3 won't go to sleep on its own. It stays up all night. If I go to Settings, Power&Sleep and click in one of the settings boxes, a larger gray/white box appears, but I cannot input information. I've tried going to additional settings, and it tells me it is balanced, but...
  6. Sleep and power settings ignored

Sleep and power settings ignored: Hi, I am having problems with power settings. I followed following instructions from the forum: 1. Do nothing when closing lid when plugged in 2. Turn off Uncheck fast startup 3. Turn off Hybrid sleep for both on battery and plugged in 4.Checked screensaver and put some...
  7. power & sleep settings

power & sleep settings: It is absolutely amazing that this question keeps getting asked over and over but never gets resolved. No matter what screen and sleep are set to, computer goes to sleep after one minute of inactivity when I have all four set to NEVER. Responders, no offense, but yes I've...
  8. Sleep and power settings

Sleep and power settings: after last windows up date I have no control over any other settings except for 1 hour for the monitor and 2 hours for the CPU and yes I did save the settings. Please help & thank you ....
  9. Power & Sleep Setting

Power & Sleep Setting: The Power and Sleep settings for both Screen and Sleep do not respond to the settings saved. After a minute or two the screen reverts back to my Lock Screen and I have to sign in again to continue working. This happens with either browsing or accessing a document and...
  10. power,sleep,& shutdown settings

power,sleep,& shutdown settings: I am running windows 10 home x64 on an Acer laptop. When I put my pc to sleep I want it to shutdown automatically after say 45 minutes. If anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks & Cheers....