Windows 10: power and sleep

Discus and support power and sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; dear people … after about a month and some updates the power & sleep settings just does not work period … when the "when plugged in" screen is set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jaime Javier De La, Mar 17, 2019.

1. power and sleep

dear people …

after about a month and some updates the power & sleep settings just does not work period …

when the "when plugged in" screen is set to 10 minutes and sleep is set to 15 minutes … and … "screen saver is set start after idle for 3 minutes … in less than a minute it goes directly to sleep mode (aagghhrr) …

if both settings are "set" to never then screen mode "works" …

instructed by "online support" i have uninstall, install and update "display settings" ...

:)

Jaime Javier De La, Mar 17, 2019

2. sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Mar 17, 2019
  3. missing sleep menu in power

Hi,

Missing Sleep option in Power menu is usually caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • When you check the Power options in Control Panel, did you mean that the Sleep option is not displaying in the Shutdown settings?

If you haven't check the Shutdown settings in Control Panel, we suggest to do so and make sure that the Sleep option is enabled. To check the Shutdown settings, follow these steps:

• In Cortana search, type control panel.
    • Choose Control Panel from the list.
    • Click System and Security and select Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Shutdown settings, put a tick in the Sleep
      box and click Save changes.

If the Sleep option is already enabled and it still doesn't appear in the Power menu, we recommend that you keep the device drivers up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Mar 17, 2019
  4. power and sleep

Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

power and sleep

1. power and sleep - Similar Threads - power sleep

2. Microsoft edge ALWAYS opens itself when I wake my computer up from sleep. NOT when I power...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft edge ALWAYS opens itself when I wake my computer up from sleep. NOT when I power...: I have "windows spotlight" turned off and I have rigorously checked the setting of the edge browser as well as the settings on my computer which is currently running windows 11. I use Firefox and have ZERO INTEREST in using edge for anything....
  3. Microsoft edge ALWAYS opens itself when I wake my computer up from sleep. NOT when I power...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft edge ALWAYS opens itself when I wake my computer up from sleep. NOT when I power...: I have "windows spotlight" turned off and I have rigorously checked the setting of the edge browser as well as the settings on my computer which is currently running windows 11. I use Firefox and have ZERO INTEREST in using edge for anything....
  4. Harddisk goes to sleep power settings Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Harddisk goes to sleep power settings Windows 11: Since there is alot of previous post, with 0 real advice given that worked for me.I'm posting this on how to do itTLDR: You can't find the "advanced power settings" in the "Normal" settings screen.You need to go via the "old" control panel.Type "control panel" in the search...
  5. Harddisk goes to sleep power settings Windows 11

Harddisk goes to sleep power settings Windows 11: Since there is alot of previous post, with 0 real advice given that worked for me.I'm posting this on how to do itTLDR: You can't find the "advanced power settings" in the "Normal" settings screen.You need to go via the "old" control panel.Type "control panel" in the search...
  6. Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.: Currently Power Options offers just Shut-down and Restart.When I enter "powercfg -h on" I get an error reply of "The following items are preventing hibernation on this system. An internal system component has disabled hibernation. Guarded Host" What is Guarded Host? For a...
  7. Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.

Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.: Currently Power Options offers just Shut-down and Restart.When I enter "powercfg -h on" I get an error reply of "The following items are preventing hibernation on this system. An internal system component has disabled hibernation. Guarded Host" What is Guarded Host? For a...
  8. Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Sleep mode and power button isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep mode and power button isn't working: For some reason the power button/ sleep mode doesn't want to actually turn off the computer. It turns off the monitor for a second and then just turns it back on on the lock screen 2 seconds after and no matter how many times I press the power button or try to turn it to...
  10. Sleep mode and power button isn't working

Sleep mode and power button isn't working: For some reason the power button/ sleep mode doesn't want to actually turn off the computer. It turns off the monitor for a second and then just turns it back on on the lock screen 2 seconds after and no matter how many times I press the power button or try to turn it to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 ignoring sleep settings