Windows 10: Power BI Desktop Cannot connect to SQL LocalDB Database

Discus and support Power BI Desktop Cannot connect to SQL LocalDB Database in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I’m using Windows 11 and I have an SQL LocalDB database that is accessed by a desktop application and Power BI desktop. It used to work normally but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ahmad_1977, Jan 17, 2023.

1. Power BI Desktop Cannot connect to SQL LocalDB Database

I’m using Windows 11 and I have an SQL LocalDB database that is accessed by a desktop application and Power BI desktop. It used to work normally but recently I started having connection issues, as described below. The localdb server has a named instance accessed using database authentication.Sequence:1- Restart the machine, check the state of the instance from the command prompt, the instance is not runningC:\Users\xxx>sqllocaldb info "Instance"Name: InstanceVersion: 11.0.3000.0Shared name:Owner: MyDomain\MyUserName &nbs

:)

Ahmad_1977, Jan 17, 2023
  2. bear4096 Win User

Visual Basic, Can't open SQL ADODB database

I have Windows10 and Visual Studio 2015 free version. I am having an SQL problem. I have created an SQL database

with tables with server 2016 but am unable to get VB to open an ADODB database using any connection string.

The server name is MSSQLLocalDB and the database is connected . The same database is working with visual basic 2008 and sql server 2005 Express. I'm thinking that I need the Express version of any other server instead of the LocalDB version.

I mostly get this message: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

bear4096, Jan 17, 2023
  3. Munavvir Win User
    SQL LocalDB intercepts Installation for Veeam Agent For Windows

Dears,

I have a problem with SQL localDB 2012, I tried to Install a Backup application called Veeam Agent For Microsoft Windows. but unfortunately, intercepts by SQL localDB. I hope anyone has a solution.

Thank you in Advance.

Munavvir, Jan 17, 2023
  4. Brink Win User

Power BI Desktop Cannot connect to SQL LocalDB Database

Announcing Availability of Power BI gateway for enterprise deployments

Source: Announcing General Availability of Power BI gateway for enterprise deployments | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

Brink, Jan 17, 2023
Thema:

Power BI Desktop Cannot connect to SQL LocalDB Database

1. Power BI Desktop Cannot connect to SQL LocalDB Database - Similar Threads - Power Desktop Cannot

2. Power BI Desktop error 80180014

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power BI Desktop error 80180014: I can't use my app because i kept getting this error. >:I am using my school account to access it but I keeps disappearing. what do I do? i just want to learn how to use power bi....
  3. Power BI Desktop error 80180014

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power BI Desktop error 80180014: I can't use my app because i kept getting this error. >:I am using my school account to access it but I keeps disappearing. what do I do? i just want to learn how to use power bi....
  4. 2014 SQL database will not update

2014 SQL database will not update: SQL 2014 database will not update to nw version even though other databases have. Will not backup to anywhere other the original database folder. Need to be able to backup database to other location so can uninstall program and then download and reinstall new copyof program....
  5. 2014 SQL database will not update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2014 SQL database will not update: SQL 2014 database will not update to nw version even though other databases have. Will not backup to anywhere other the original database folder. Need to be able to backup database to other location so can uninstall program and then download and reinstall new copyof program....
  6. Power BI Desktop Cannot connect to SQL LocalDB Database

Power BI Desktop Cannot connect to SQL LocalDB Database: I’m using Windows 11 and I have an SQL LocalDB database that is accessed by a desktop application and Power BI desktop. It used to work normally but recently I started having connection issues, as described below. The localdb server has a named instance accessed using...
  7. SQL Server Database Connectivity Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SQL Server Database Connectivity Issues: Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask, but I currently use MS SQL Server Management Studio v18.10 for work. Whenever I'm on WiFi, I have no issues connecting to SQL Server databases, but as soon as I plug in my ethernet cable, I can't connect and I get timeout...
  8. SQL Server Database Connectivity Issues

SQL Server Database Connectivity Issues: Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask, but I currently use MS SQL Server Management Studio v18.10 for work. Whenever I'm on WiFi, I have no issues connecting to SQL Server databases, but as soon as I plug in my ethernet cable, I can't connect and I get timeout...
  9. SQL Server Database Connectivity Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. SQL LocalDB intercepts Installation for Veeam Agent For Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    SQL LocalDB intercepts Installation for Veeam Agent For Windows: Dears, I have a problem with SQL localDB 2012, I tried to Install a Backup application called Veeam Agent For Microsoft Windows. but unfortunately, intercepts by SQL localDB. I hope anyone has a solution. Thank you in Advance....