Windows 10: power button and hibernate query

Discus and support power button and hibernate query in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I quickly press the Power Button on my laptop, it is set to go into Hibernate. Two times lately, it seemingly is going into Hibernate, the machine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rubert Mumps, Aug 25, 2020.

1. power button and hibernate query

When I quickly press the Power Button on my laptop, it is set to go into Hibernate. Two times lately, it seemingly is going into Hibernate, the machine powers down and suddenly it comes right back out of what should be Hibernate.

The first time it did this, I rebooted the machine and the problem disappeared. Then last night, it did the same thing again, so after a reboot, pressing the Power Button works correctly.

Obviously something is awry though, so thought I'd ask here to see if anyone else is experiencing this & of course, has a fix for it.

:)

Rubert Mumps, Aug 25, 2020
  2. Ernie San Win User

hibernate, but shuts down

Hello,

We suggest to manually setup hibernation on your computer. You may follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop and select Personalize.
    • Click Lock screen>Screen saver settings>Change power settings>Choose what the power buttons do.

• Change the settings When I press the power button, click
      hibernate.
    • Click Save changes.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Aug 25, 2020
  3. hibernating windows 10

Hi Henry,

We appreciate your time and effort to get back to us.

I suggest you to enable the Hibernate option from power settings and check if you are able to access the Hibernate in power options. Follow the below steps.

Please try the steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (Enter the admin credentials if prompted)

• Check the Hibernate box.

• Click on Save changes.

• Restart the computer.

• Check if you are able to see the Hibernate option in power options
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Aug 25, 2020
  4. power button and hibernate query

Missing hibernate button

Hi Yusak,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. Will you be able to provide the exact error message that you recieved?

We suggest that you try to enable hibernation on your device using the Command Prompt.

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

power button and hibernate query

1. power button and hibernate query - Similar Threads - power button hibernate

2. Power Button does not Hibernate Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Button does not Hibernate Windows 10: I set Power Button to Hibernate Windows but it does not work, but when I use Power Button to turn on Laptop it work properly ...Any Idea? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-button-does-not-hibernate-windows-10/1a82455d-f9f2-4ab8-8ab3-0cfbce6f1db9
  3. Power Button does not Hibernate Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Button does not Hibernate Windows 10: I set Power Button to Hibernate Windows but it does not work, but when I use Power Button to turn on Laptop it work properly ...Any Idea? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-button-does-not-hibernate-windows-10/1a82455d-f9f2-4ab8-8ab3-0cfbce6f1db9
  4. Power Button does not Hibernate Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hibernation Wake With Power Button

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hibernation Wake With Power Button: So I often use the hibernation feature over the sleep feature, and I've had a small problem. Whenever I try to use hibernation on my desktop, it wakes on any mouse movement. This leads to it almost always randomly turning back on while I'm in bed or something. On my laptop I...
  6. W10 Hibernation - shutdown query

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 Hibernation - shutdown query: With hibernation turned ON, the windows shutdown does not make a proper shutdown, it's still using hibernation feature - To do a proper reboot of the whole system I need to do a Restart. Is there any way to make the system work in such way, that hibernation works only when I...
  7. enable power button hibernate option via intune

in Windows 10 Customization
    enable power button hibernate option via intune: Hello Ms Community, The company where i'm working for is working completely in a cloud environment. This means AzureAD nothing on prem. We are using Intune to deploy and configure pc's. No my question. How do i configure intune so the power button shows the option...
  8. Adding Hibernate option to power button - fails

Adding Hibernate option to power button - fails: On a Dell Inspirion 15 3567 hibernate is not available as an option for the power button. This remains true even after following the tutorial and updating the registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FlyoutMenuSettings). Am I out of...
  9. Missing Hibernate Button/Action in Power Menu.

Missing Hibernate Button/Action in Power Menu.: Trying to get the hibernate button/action back in the power menu on Windows 10 1903. Any help is appreciated. *Wink [img] 134426
  10. Adding "Hibernate" to Power button at Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding "Hibernate" to Power button at Start menu: Hello, I followed the guide to enable Hibernate mode, but is there a way to show it in the Power options? all I can see now is "Sleep", "Shut down" and "Restart". Was I supposed to see "Hibernate" after following this guide:...