Windows 10: power button desktop not work

Discus and support power button desktop not work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi When i press the powerbutton the pc won't shutdown. By engergy on configuration screen everry thing stay good 13072 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by glda19, Aug 4, 2015.

1. glda19 Win User

power button desktop not work

hi
    When i press the powerbutton the pc won't shutdown.
    By engergy on configuration screen everry thing stay good

:)

glda19, Aug 4, 2015
  2. Bert-JanVD Win User

[Solved] Power button won't put my pc to sleep anymore after latest Win10 update

Never seen a power button of a desktop work like that. What model is your pc?

Anyway, my button isn't the problem. It's software related.

Bert-JanVD, Aug 4, 2015
  3. AudraVandenBroek Win User
    Power Button Doesn't Give Me Options

I have Windows 10 and a desktop computer. I click on the start button. Then on the power button to shut down the computer. When I click the power button nothing shows. It used to show Shut Down, Sleep, and Restart. Any suggestions on how to get this working
    again?

AudraVandenBroek, Aug 4, 2015
  4. CountryBumkin Win User

CountryBumkin, Aug 4, 2015
  5. glda19 Win User
    noting work
    When i work for 2 hours ore more on the pc an push teh power button off the pc he won't shut down. The power button does nothing

glda19, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. power button desktop not work - Similar Threads - power button desktop

2. No desktop, start button isn't working, no taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    No desktop, start button isn't working, no taskbar: My computer got stuck in an automatic repair loop, but I managed to fix it, but then a new problem came up. Whenever I sign in, I am met with a black screen with no taskbar. My start button hasn't working for quite some time as well. I can open task manager, and I've been...
  3. PSU or Power Button fault?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PSU or Power Button fault?: Hello, I have a somewhat peculiar problem. For a while now, to boot up my PC I'd have to press the Power button several times until it succeeds; the PC then boots up normally as if nothing happened. However, the Power button is now not working anymore even if I press it a...
  4. No Login Screen and No Power button

in Windows 10 Support
    No Login Screen and No Power button: My wife's computer just updated last week, and now we can't use it. It boots to the "bright" wallpaper, and then when you pull up on the screen to get to the password, the screen dims a little and nothing else. In the past, the screen dimmed a little and asked you for your...
  5. PC Delayed to power button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Delayed to power button: so. first of all my pc is i7 4790k msi guard pro mobo gtx 970 msi 16gb ram seasonic 620 evo i have an AVR when i press the avr i click the power button it doesnt start up no fans or anything untill a second click it will start like 2 seconds later sorry for...
  6. Power Buttons on Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Buttons on Taskbar?: Is there a way to put a shortcut on the taskbar that would perform a shutdown when clicked? And another one that would perform a restart? 37232
  7. Windows 10 Start Menu Power Button Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu Power Button Not Working: This is one of the few places where this problem is even mentioned but it was with a insider preview 14905 way back in 2016. Just about every Windows 10 install that I have has this problem. I should say just the ones that were a "free" upgrade. Fresh installs seem to be OK....
  8. Start menu power button no longer working - 14905.1000

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu power button no longer working - 14905.1000: Hello Gang, One laptop I have on the IP fast build, now on 14905.1000 has this issue. Click start, then click power, and blink, the start menu just closes, no options given for shutdown. The options above for settings and file explorer work just fine, left or right...
  9. Laptop screen froze, keyboard and power button not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop screen froze, keyboard and power button not working: I was on my computer playing a game, up until my keyboard stopped working. Then my power button wouldn't work even if I held it down for more than 30 seconds. Then my screen just froze. I can't do anything and I'm waiting for my computer to run out of battery. This is the...
  10. Laptop power button and sleep settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop power button and sleep settings: Hi all, I have a Lenovo W510 laptop with Windows 10 Professional. I see in the power settings that I can configure the power button to put the laptop to sleep when pressed. I have it configured as such but when I press the power button, nothing happens. If I manually put...