power button desktop not work

Discus and support power button desktop not work in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; hi When i press the powerbutton the pc won't shutdown. By engergy on configuration screen everry thing stay good 13072 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by glda19, Aug 5, 2015.

1. glda19 Win User

hi
    When i press the powerbutton the pc won't shutdown.
    By engergy on configuration screen everry thing stay good

:)

glda19, Aug 5, 2015
  2. Bert-JanVD Win User

[Solved] Power button won't put my pc to sleep anymore after latest Win10 update

Never seen a power button of a desktop work like that. What model is your pc?

Anyway, my button isn't the problem. It's software related.

Bert-JanVD, Aug 5, 2015
  3. AudraVandenBroek Win User
    Power Button Doesn't Give Me Options

I have Windows 10 and a desktop computer. I click on the start button. Then on the power button to shut down the computer. When I click the power button nothing shows. It used to show Shut Down, Sleep, and Restart. Any suggestions on how to get this working
    again?

AudraVandenBroek, Aug 5, 2015
  4. CountryBumkin Win User

CountryBumkin, Aug 5, 2015
  5. glda19 Win User
    noting work
    When i work for 2 hours ore more on the pc an push teh power button off the pc he won't shut down. The power button does nothing

glda19, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

power button desktop not work - Similar Threads - power button desktop

Forum Date

Windows Updates Restart Options in Power Button removed in 1709?

Windows Updates Restart Options in Power Button removed in 1709?: When I was running Win10 version 1703, when Windows Updates required a restart, I was also able to select Update and Restart or Update and Shutdown from the Start >>Power button. But I do not see this anymore in 1709. Has MS removed this option by default? So basically, I...
Windows 10 Updates and Activation Dec 13, 2017

No Login Screen and No Power button

No Login Screen and No Power button: My wife's computer just updated last week, and now we can't use it. It boots to the "bright" wallpaper, and then when you pull up on the screen to get to the password, the screen dims a little and nothing else. In the past, the screen dimmed a little and asked you for your...
Windows 10 Support Feb 2, 2018

Blinking Yellow Start/ Power On Button

Blinking Yellow Start/ Power On Button: When I shut down my pc at the end of the day it goes off completely and all lights disappear. However, when I start my computer the next day and press the power on button, it turns a blinking yellow and doesn't turn on. I have to turn off the power strip and wait 10 seconds...
Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance Feb 17, 2018

Lock Computer Option via Power button

Lock Computer Option via Power button: Hello, I know that I can lock Windows by holding Start and 'L' at the same time, but I also want an option to do it when I click the power button from the Start menu (it's not there). In all of my previous versions of Windows, there was always an option among all the...
Windows 10 Support Mar 4, 2018

PC only wakes from sleep with power button, not keyboard (?)

PC only wakes from sleep with power button, not keyboard (?): My wife's Mac Mini is so old Apple will not update the OS, stating the hardware is too old. I think Apple just wants us to purchase a new Mac. *What We didn't. I built her a new PC with a mix of older, but still good hardware. *Thumbs So far so good but I have hit a snag....
Windows 10 Support Jan 4, 2018

Windows 10 Start Menu Power Button Not Working

Windows 10 Start Menu Power Button Not Working: This is one of the few places where this problem is even mentioned but it was with a insider preview 14905 way back in 2016. Just about every Windows 10 install that I have has this problem. I should say just the ones that were a "free" upgrade. Fresh installs seem to be OK....
Windows 10 Support Mar 26, 2018

How to wake from hibernation only through power button?

How to wake from hibernation only through power button?: I added hibernate into power menu so I can hibernate my Windows 10 now. But the thing is, the machine will wake from hibernation simply by a mouse move. This is not what I want. I just upgraded from Windows 7 so I want Win10 to behave like Win7 as much as possible. On Windows...
Windows 10 Support Jan 20, 2018
power button desktop not work solved