Windows 10: Power button doesn't work, "ACPI Power Button" listed as "Not connected, code 45"

Discus and support Power button doesn't work, "ACPI Power Button" listed as "Not connected, code 45" in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My Lenovo X1 Tablet (3rd gen) will no longer listen to power button presses. I've tried Knoppix linux and it works within Linux. I've tried switching... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TheMrWorf, Oct 31, 2018.

1. TheMrWorf Win User

Power button doesn't work, "ACPI Power Button" listed as "Not connected, code 45"

My Lenovo X1 Tablet (3rd gen) will no longer listen to power button presses. I've tried Knoppix linux and it works within Linux. I've tried switching what win10 should do when button is pressed but nothing matters.

When looking in Device Manager, the ACPI Power Button is listed as "Not connected" with error code 45. I've uninstalled the driver and rebooted, I've uninstalled, runned sfc /scannow and rebooted and that has not helped.

I've updated win10 and all of lenovo's updates and no help there.

Sleep and hibernate all still work just fine, I just can't use the power button to go into sleep nor wake up from sleep.

This worked approximately two months ago, since then I've used the tablet intermittently and didn't notice this until the last two weeks. I'm going to have to roll back using system restore points now to see if it helps, but my question is, does anyone have a hint as to which drivers or related drivers that may relate to this issue? Would it be intel drivers for example? There's a lot of restore points and I don't feel like spending days testing this if I can avoid it.

I'm using Win10 Pro Build 17134

Thanks

:)

TheMrWorf, Oct 31, 2018

2. Only the Power Button Wakes PC from Sleep - Laptop

If your computer does not support Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI), the earlier steps may not be available. In this case, you have press the power button to wake the computer.

FreeBooter, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Power button

Hi,

If your phone won't wake up when you press the power button, it's possible that your device software is corrupted. Especially, the button works when you press it for 1 to 2 seconds. For us to assist you better, please answer the following questions:

• Have you checked if your phone has the latest OS build version? To check, just go to
      Settings, under System tap Phone update > Check for updates.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Rommel Diw, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Power button doesn't work, "ACPI Power Button" listed as "Not connected, code 45"

PC doesn't power down after holding power button for 4 seconds

The power button on a PC is temporary push switch. It makes contact as long as you hold the button down. Quick press and release triggers a smart relay on the MB to turn on or off, depending on default or OS state, such as cold on, sleep on, turn off, sleep off, etc. Holding the button down for a long time is a default hardware power kill switch. If it's not working, suspect the MB. Reset the BIOS is a good suggestion, but prolly won't work.

Sasqui, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Power button doesn't work, "ACPI Power Button" listed as "Not connected, code 45" - Similar Threads - Power button doesn't

2. Power button doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power button doesn't work: The power button doesn't work. It's like my power button is offline but i really want to try SignalRGB to see that using a Inuasion Fan works. I didn't know how does a 3 year old pc could show no life. That's only i could tell you about....
  3. Power button doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power button doesn't work: The power button doesn't work. It's like my power button is offline but i really want to try SignalRGB to see that using a Inuasion Fan works. I didn't know how does a 3 year old pc could show no life. That's only i could tell you about....
  4. No power button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No power button: I recently got a Window XP professional with not power button but I connect a keyboard to it lights up there's also a orange light happened every time I connect the power cord to the wall outlet I checked the vga cord and i just bought it yesterday it could be the monitor I'm...
  5. No power button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No power button: I recently got a Window XP professional with not power button but I connect a keyboard to it lights up there's also a orange light happened every time I connect the power cord to the wall outlet I checked the vga cord and i just bought it yesterday it could be the monitor I'm...
  6. ACPI Power Button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ACPI Power Button: Hallo, i have a problem with my computer. Every time i restored the power strip, my computer turn on by it self. I tried to look the bios, but everything is fine and nothing wrong with the setting. But i read that somehing in ACPI which is control the power button. Then i go...
  7. power button?

in Windows 10 Customization
    power button?: Where is the control button to startup the computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-button/3ab94f1f-449b-441a-94eb-d6b6182136f8
  8. Power button not working

Power button not working: Hello, I have a custom built pc and when i press the power button outside the os or in the os in the start menu it does not work. But I used to. Mysleep button in the os also just turnd off the display and the motherbordand fan rgbs stay on but they used to turn off. I can...
  9. power button not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    power button not working: when I click on the power display on the computer and click shutdown the computer says shutting down. then it says going to sleep and the button on the side goes yellow. But when I press the button in it just switches itself back on and turns blue. I have held the power...
  10. Physical power button doesn't work

Physical power button doesn't work: About two months ago, the physical power button on my Lenovo X1 Tablet (3rd gen) stopped working. It won't put the machine to sleep nor will it wake it up from sleep. I've applied all updates from Lenovo and from Microsoft. I double checked the desired behavior in power...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acpi power button device deleted