Windows 10: power button isn't working

Discus and support power button isn't working in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi there: I have a Windows 10 laptop. It can be also used as a tablet as well. For some reason when I want to turn the laptop on power button does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CoskunCetinkaya, Oct 30, 2018.

1. power button isn't working

Hi there:

I have a Windows 10 laptop. It can be also used as a tablet as well. For some reason when I want to turn the laptop on power button does not work. When I remove the screen from the main part and then re-try turning the power on again this time power button works. I wonder if you would have any suggestions to fix this issue.

:)

CoskunCetinkaya, Oct 30, 2018

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Windows 10 power buttons not working.

Hi Gerry,

I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps given below:

You can run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings, which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering
    sleep mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.
    • Click on View all on the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Power.
    • Click on Advanced on the
      Power
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Power troubleshooter.
    Step 2:

Try to restore the default power plan settings and check to isolate the issue.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.
    • Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.
    • Click on Change plan settings beside your current plan.
    • Click on Restore default setting for this plan and click on
      OK if prompted.
    Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 30, 2018
  4. power button isn't working

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

Managed to solve it... here´s how I did it just in case anyone else has the same problem...

->Settings

->Printers & scanners

->Add a printer or scanner

->The printer that I want isn´t listed

->Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings

->Use an existing port: USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB)

->Choose printer

->Use the driver that is currently installed

->Type printer name

And done... =P

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

power button isn't working

1. power button isn't working - Similar Threads - power button isn't

2. Sleep mode and power button isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep mode and power button isn't working: For some reason the power button/ sleep mode doesn't want to actually turn off the computer. It turns off the monitor for a second and then just turns it back on on the lock screen 2 seconds after and no matter how many times I press the power button or try to turn it to...
  3. Sleep mode and power button isn't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep mode and power button isn't working: For some reason the power button/ sleep mode doesn't want to actually turn off the computer. It turns off the monitor for a second and then just turns it back on on the lock screen 2 seconds after and no matter how many times I press the power button or try to turn it to...
  4. Power button doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power button doesn't work: The power button doesn't work. It's like my power button is offline but i really want to try SignalRGB to see that using a Inuasion Fan works. I didn't know how does a 3 year old pc could show no life. That's only i could tell you about....
  5. Windows button isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows button isn't working: For some reason my windows button on my keyboard isn't working. I have tried the windows + g to bring up game bar but nothing happens. Have been going through settings and resetting but nothing seems to work....
  6. Windows button isn't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows button isn't working: For some reason my windows button on my keyboard isn't working. I have tried the windows + g to bring up game bar but nothing happens. Have been going through settings and resetting but nothing seems to work....
  7. Windows button isn't working

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Power button not working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power button not working: Hello, I have a custom built pc and when i press the power button outside the os or in the os in the start menu it does not work. But I used to. Mysleep button in the os also just turnd off the display and the motherbordand fan rgbs stay on but they used to turn off. I can...
  9. power button not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    power button not working: when I click on the power display on the computer and click shutdown the computer says shutting down. then it says going to sleep and the button on the side goes yellow. But when I press the button in it just switches itself back on and turns blue. I have held the power...
  10. power button desktop not work

in Windows 10 Support
    power button desktop not work: hi When i press the powerbutton the pc won't shutdown. By engergy on configuration screen everry thing stay good 13072

Users found this page by searching for:

1. power button