Windows 10: Power button on monitor doesn't lock or sleep computer?

Discus and support Power button on monitor doesn't lock or sleep computer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; In change what the power buttons do, I set the power button to sleep computer. But when I press it, the monitor just turns off, without locking or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/trobot2, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Power button on monitor doesn't lock or sleep computer?

In change what the power buttons do, I set the power button to sleep computer. But when I press it, the monitor just turns off, without locking or sleeping.

submitted by /u/trobot2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/trobot2, Oct 24, 2020
  2. SandyW360 Win User

Windows 10 Sleep/Lock Problem

This advice did not work for me.

Some one wrote this.... just upgraded to Windows 10 and my monitor will not come back from Sleep or Lock Mode without turning off the computer and rebooting.

I am and I am having the same problem with not coming back from sleep mode. If I press the on off button the monitor will come back on
    but everything is locked up and then I have to turn it off on the tower. And then turn it back on. What I have found to work is turning the power options to never turn off or sleep and then just turn off the
    monitor during the day and then just shut it off at night.

SandyW360, Oct 24, 2020
  3. sleep button

Hi,

The previous update you installed could be the cause as to why you encounter this issue. We would like to ask for additional information. Please provide the following:

• Which build of Windows 10 are you using? To know about it, hit
      Start, type Winver and then press
      Enter. You could also press Windows Key + R, type
      Winver into the
      Run dialog and press Enter.
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Furthermore, we suggest that you check the Power & sleep settings
    if sleep option is enabled. Here are the steps:

• Go to Search then key in Power & Sleep.
    • On far right, select Additional power settings.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Check the Change settings that are currently unavailable, then tick
      Sleep and Save Changes.
    • If you already ticked it, then un-tick it and Save Changes.
    • Go back and tick it again, then Save Changes.

Looking forward to the requested information and the results of the recommended troubleshooting steps.

PreciousLeb, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

Power button on monitor doesn't lock or sleep computer?

Sleep Button recently disappeared from power button.

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why the Sleep button is not available is that it has been disabled from the settings of your PC. For us to assist you, we recommend that you follow the simple steps listed below to enable the Sleep button:

• Press the Start menu.
    • Type Control Panel, and then press Enter.
    • At the upper right side of your window, change the View by option to
      Large icons.
    • Click on Power Options.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side of the window.
    • Press on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to the Shutdown settings section. Now check the Sleep checkbox and click Save changes button.

After doing these steps kindly check if the Sleep button is now available.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Power button on monitor doesn't lock or sleep computer?

1. Power button on monitor doesn't lock or sleep computer? - Similar Threads - Power button monitor

2. Sleep Mode doesn't Lock Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep Mode doesn't Lock Computer: Hi all,I just upgraded computers and therefore went from Windows 10 to 11. Windows 11's "Sleep" option doesn't seem to work the same way as it used to. When I use it, the computer just powers down, but its easily accessed by myself or anyone else maliciously if they just move...
  3. Sleep Mode doesn't Lock Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep Mode doesn't Lock Computer: Hi all,I just upgraded computers and therefore went from Windows 10 to 11. Windows 11's "Sleep" option doesn't seem to work the same way as it used to. When I use it, the computer just powers down, but its easily accessed by myself or anyone else maliciously if they just move...
  4. Windows power button doesn't Lock screen.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows power button doesn't Lock screen.: Please i need help. i am using a dell latitude E7270 with the windows 10 pro version installed. Before now i could easily lock my pc by pressing the power button and on display on i will be asked to unlock my pc with my password which i am very much okay with. But for some...
  5. Windows power button doesn't Lock screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows power button doesn't Lock screen.: Please i need help. i am using a dell latitude E7270 with the windows 10 pro version installed. Before now i could easily lock my pc by pressing the power button and on display on i will be asked to unlock my pc with my password which i am very much okay with. But for some...
  6. Windows power button doesn't Lock screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to make monitor lock without sleeping when I press the power button on the monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make monitor lock without sleeping when I press the power button on the monitor?: I've found some software that locks a laptop when the lid closes, but I haven't found any that locks the monitor when the power button is pressed submitted by /u/trobot2 [link] [comments]...
  8. Laptop power button doesn't go into sleep mode

Laptop power button doesn't go into sleep mode: In control panel, everything is set to sleep. The power button, sleep button or when I close the laptop, it is set to "sleep". Everything works fine but the power button. Fn + F4 buttons is set as the "sleep button" and it works every time I do it, also closing the laptop...
  9. Computer doesn't lock upon sleep

Computer doesn't lock upon sleep: I've had this issue for a while. While my computer goes to sleep, when I wake it, it doesn't prompt for pin/require Windows Hello, but instead is right back to the desktop. Locking the computer manually (Windows key + L) works and it works during a reboot, but not during a...
  10. Lock Computer Option via Power button

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Computer Option via Power button: Hello, I know that I can lock Windows by holding Start and 'L' at the same time, but I also want an option to do it when I click the power button from the Start menu (it's not there). In all of my previous versions of Windows, there was always an option among all the...