Windows 10: Power Button Options aren't available.

Discus and support Power Button Options aren't available. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, So I suddenly stopped getting options like restart, shut down and sleep when I click on the power button. It says "There are currently no power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ritikakapasi, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Power Button Options aren't available.

Hi,

So I suddenly stopped getting options like restart, shut down and sleep when I click on the power button. It says "There are currently no power options available".

Can someone please help me out? I have already updated all the pending hardware/driver updates.

:)

ritikakapasi, Mar 30, 2021
  2. LuizScruz Win User

There are currently no power options available

Hi MR, welcome to the Microsoft community, my name is Luiz Cruz, Microsoft's independent consultant, and I would be happy to help you.

I understand that your computer is not shutting down completely. To solve this problem I suggest that you perform the steps below:

Step 1:

Change the function of the off button. To do this, follow the steps outlined below:

1. On the Desktop, simultaneously press the Windows + R keys to open Run;

2. At Run, type "powercfg.cpl" and click Ok, to open the Power Options;

3. Click on Choose the function of the power button, change the item When I press the power button to Off;

4. Click Save Changes.

Step 2:

Disable third party software and services from system startup. They may be running in the background, making it difficult to shut down the computer. For more information, the article below:

How to perform a simple boot in Windows.

Step 3:

Disable quick system startup. To do this, perform the steps below:

1. On the Desktop, simultaneously press the Windows + X keys, then click on Power Options;

2. Under Power Options, click Choose the power button function;

3. Then click on Change settings not currently available;

4. Deselect the Turn on quick start (recommended) item, click Save changes.

If the answer helped in any way, please mark it as an answer, if your question has not been solved, please post again.

I hope I helped, even more!

LuizScruz, Mar 30, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Home Power Options "Turn off the Display" Power Button Not Available / Not Listed

Hi guys,

I've recently purchased a Dell XPS 15 (9570) and a feature I am very fond of under Power Options is not available on this machine.

On my older machine (Dell M3800) I set the Power Button to "Turn off the Display", which helps save power and improves privacy when I step away from the computer without putting it to sleep.

This machine on the other hand, does not list "Turn off the Display" as an option under the Power Button dropdown.

See screen-grab below.

Power Button Options aren't available. 22770e66-78c4-470e-9368-7a6c39f16ce3?upload=true.png

I've checked if it is the Dell power plan that restricts this, but the "Balanced" one has the same list of options.

The machine is running Windows 10 Home 1803

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as Dell forums so far have been reluctant to accept that this is indeed a feature.

KastytisDonauskis, Mar 30, 2021
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

Power Button Options aren't available.

Sleep Button recently disappeared from power button.

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why the Sleep button is not available is that it has been disabled from the settings of your PC. For us to assist you, we recommend that you follow the simple steps listed below to enable the Sleep button:

• Press the Start menu.
    • Type Control Panel, and then press Enter.
    • At the upper right side of your window, change the View by option to
      Large icons.
    • Click on Power Options.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side of the window.
    • Press on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to the Shutdown settings section. Now check the Sleep checkbox and click Save changes button.

After doing these steps kindly check if the Sleep button is now available.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

Power Button Options aren't available.

1. Power Button Options aren't available. - Similar Threads - Power Button Options

2. Power Button shows "There are currently no power options available" and Task Manager is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Button shows "There are currently no power options available" and Task Manager is...: Today, My laptop started showing up "There are currently no power options available". Tried restarting many times but not helpful. I checked for some answers like sfc scan and power plan but nothing helps....
  3. Power Button shows "There are currently no power options available" and Task Manager is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Button shows "There are currently no power options available" and Task Manager is...: Today, My laptop started showing up "There are currently no power options available". Tried restarting many times but not helpful. I checked for some answers like sfc scan and power plan but nothing helps....
  4. Power options not available

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power options not available: So i installed an application for my exams, and since then neither the Alt+F4 key is working nor can i find the power options to shut down my laptop in the start menu. I have uninstalled the app but the problem persists....
  5. Power Options not available

Power Options not available: I've been having the same issue for well over a week now; my start menu's power button states "There are currently no power options available". I've attempted the NoClose method through my registry, but I don't have anything by that name in the appropriate folders. I...
  6. power options not available

power options not available: after the recent update my all power options are unavailable because of that i am not able to restart or shut down my laptop please help me how can i overcome this problem...
  7. Power options are not available.

Power options are not available.: In my system, power option is not available. What can I do? Please instruct me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-options-are-not-available/1a8ccbe7-2f78-465e-b3d0-becc46729aca
  8. No power options available

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No power options available: I downloaded a lockdown browser for my final exams and ever since then, my PC has gone to hell. It freezes and crashes so much more. I deleted the lockdown browser and it still shows I have no power options and my PC is still acting weird. Does anyone know how I can get the...
  9. There are currently no Power options availeable on clicking power button

There are currently no Power options availeable on clicking power button: Piease help about my problem. I can,t restart option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-are-currently-no-power-options-availeable-on/423dd72d-b047-4687-b625-99b615580ceb
  10. Power options not available

Power options not available: Every time I try to shutdown or restart my laptop, it shows there are currently no power options available. Why ? Please help me solve this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-options-not-available/3dbed7d6-9ea7-4a17-ac2d-defaad18c5c6