Windows 10: Power button shuts down laptop, instead of waking it up

Discus and support Power button shuts down laptop, instead of waking it up in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Since the past 2 weeks, I've been seeing strange behavior in my laptop.When I close the lid, it goes to sleep, but when I press the power button to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ayaan Shaikh, Jun 23, 2022 at 3:22 AM.

1. Power button shuts down laptop, instead of waking it up

Since the past 2 weeks, I've been seeing strange behavior in my laptop.When I close the lid, it goes to sleep, but when I press the power button to turn it on, it just shuts down immediately. And doesn't turn on even after pressing power button.Then when I remove the battery/charger and plug it in again, it automatically turns on.I turned off fast-startup from the settings.My mouse and keyboard don't wake my laptop, the setting isn't available.I tried to check on the internet for any solutions, but there are no direct solutionsSystem specs:-OS Name:- Microsoft Windows 10 ProWindows 20H2Versi

:)

Ayaan Shaikh, Jun 23, 2022 at 3:22 AM

2. Only the Power Button Wakes PC from Sleep - Laptop

• Open the Keyboard control panel item by typing keyboard into Start Menu.
    • Click the Hardware tab, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Change Settings button

Note: This step requires Administrator access
    • Click the Power Management tab, and then verify that the Allow this device to wake the computer is enabled.
    • Click OK, and then click OK again.

3. Only the Power Button Wakes PC from Sleep - Laptop

If your computer does not support Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI), the earlier steps may not be available. In this case, you have press the power button to wake the computer.

4. Power button shuts down laptop, instead of waking it up

Only the Power Button Wakes PC from Sleep - Laptop

I can follow everything, except I am stuck at ... because there is not such a tab I can see.
    Click the Power Management tab

Thema:

Power button shuts down laptop, instead of waking it up

1. Power button shuts down laptop, instead of waking it up - Similar Threads - Power button shuts

2. Power button shuts down laptop, instead of waking it up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power button shuts down laptop, instead of waking it up: Since the past 2 weeks, I've been seeing strange behavior in my laptop.When I close the lid, it goes to sleep, but when I press the power button to turn it on, it just shuts down immediately. And doesn't turn on even after pressing power button.Then when I remove the...
  3. Power button shuts down laptop, instead of waking it up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power button shuts down laptop, instead of waking it up: Since the past 2 weeks, I've been seeing strange behavior in my laptop.When I close the lid, it goes to sleep, but when I press the power button to turn it on, it just shuts down immediately. And doesn't turn on even after pressing power button.Then when I remove the...
  4. Wake Up after I Shut it Down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake Up after I Shut it Down: Hi,I'm facing a issue which my pc keeps wake up after I shut it down.I did all the available way suggested from the pros but none of it works :I even Reset my computer but it still the same problem....
  5. Power Button keep shutting down PC

Power Button keep shutting down PC: It is already set as Do nothing in the Power and sleep button settings, but whenever I accidentally or intentionally try to press the power button, the PC force close all windows and program and then turn to blue shutdown screen and shutdown. I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64...
  6. Power then Shut down Buttons

Power then Shut down Buttons: My choices were: " Power" then "Sleep Shut Down and Restrart." They are now: "Power",then Sleep Update and Shut Down and Update and Restart When I click on "Update and Shut Down", the machine goes back into Restart at once and then takes a long period of time after...
  7. Shut down laptop to battery power and power up when reconnected?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shut down laptop to battery power and power up when reconnected?: Hello, I wanted to ask if there is a way to shut down my Windows 10 laptop immediately when it is disconnected from the power supply and automatically restart it when it is loaded. I only closed it in the closet (connected via WLAN) and wanted to control it with a WLAN...
  8. Power Off button vs. Shut Down button on screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Off button vs. Shut Down button on screen.: Is there any problems using the 'power-button' on the tower vs. using the 'Shut Down' button on screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-off-button-vs-shut-down-button-on-screen/b9c98a3c-b0d5-4436-8acd-39788bab7209
  9. Unable to boot up after shutting down the pc with the power button on

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot up after shutting down the pc with the power button on: Hello I am writing this here and hoping for the reasoning behind the problem. I recently bought z97-g43 motherboard as the old one broke and after buying it i got a replacement as every time when i was shutting down the pc with the button on the case the pc wouldnt turn on...
  10. Laptop immediately waking up from sleep and shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop immediately waking up from sleep and shut down: As the title says, when I put the laptop to sleep it boots up right away, when I do a full shut down, it turns off, boots up after 2 seconds, fails while making a strange sound, then boots up again normally This has been bothering me for three weeks now, I have looked...