Windows 10: Power button shuts down laptop, instead of waking it up

Discus and support Power button shuts down laptop, instead of waking it up in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since the past 2 weeks, I've been seeing strange behavior in my laptop.When I close the lid, it goes to sleep, but when I press the power button to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ayaan Shaikh, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Power button shuts down laptop, instead of waking it up

Since the past 2 weeks, I've been seeing strange behavior in my laptop.When I close the lid, it goes to sleep, but when I press the power button to turn it on, it just shuts down immediately. And doesn't turn on even after pressing power button.Then when I remove the battery/charger and plug it in again, it automatically turns on.I turned off fast-startup from the settings.My mouse and keyboard don't wake my laptop, the setting isn't available.I tried to check on the internet for any solutions, but there are no direct solutionsSystem specs:-OS Name:- Microsoft Windows 10 ProWindows 20H2Versi

:)

Ayaan Shaikh, Jun 23, 2022

2. Only the Power Button Wakes PC from Sleep - Laptop

• Open the Keyboard control panel item by typing keyboard into Start Menu.
    • Click the Hardware tab, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Change Settings button

Note: This step requires Administrator access
    • Click the Power Management tab, and then verify that the Allow this device to wake the computer is enabled.
    • Click OK, and then click OK again.

FreeBooter, Jun 23, 2022
  3. Only the Power Button Wakes PC from Sleep - Laptop

If your computer does not support Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI), the earlier steps may not be available. In this case, you have press the power button to wake the computer.

FreeBooter, Jun 23, 2022
  4. Power button shuts down laptop, instead of waking it up

Only the Power Button Wakes PC from Sleep - Laptop

I can follow everything, except I am stuck at ... because there is not such a tab I can see.
    Click the Power Management tab

CapFlam128, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

Power button shuts down laptop, instead of waking it up

1. Power button shuts down laptop, instead of waking it up - Similar Threads - Power button shuts

2. Laptop restarting instead of shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop restarting instead of shutting down: Hello, so my laptop ASUS TUF Gaming with ryzen 5 and GTX 1650 has been having this problem for quite some time now. The problem is that every time I press shutdown my pc restarts. It never shuts down by itself so I have to force shut down it every time, which I'm afraid is...
  3. Laptop restarting instead of shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarting instead of shutting down: Hello, so my laptop ASUS TUF Gaming with ryzen 5 and GTX 1650 has been having this problem for quite some time now. The problem is that every time I press shutdown my pc restarts. It never shuts down by itself so I have to force shut down it every time, which I'm afraid is...
  4. Laptop restarting instead of shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop shuts down instead of sleeping

Laptop shuts down instead of sleeping: HelloMy laptop keeps shutting down when I want it to sleep. Closing the lid, pressing the power button both are set to make it go to sleep and clicking on the sleep button from the start menu all make it shut down and I only notice that it has shut down when I fire it back up...
  6. Laptop shuts down instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down instead of sleeping: HelloMy laptop keeps shutting down when I want it to sleep. Closing the lid, pressing the power button both are set to make it go to sleep and clicking on the sleep button from the start menu all make it shut down and I only notice that it has shut down when I fire it back up...
  7. Laptop shuts down instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Power button shuts down laptop, instead of waking it up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power button shuts down laptop, instead of waking it up: Since the past 2 weeks, I've been seeing strange behavior in my laptop.When I close the lid, it goes to sleep, but when I press the power button to turn it on, it just shuts down immediately. And doesn't turn on even after pressing power button.Then when I remove the...
  9. Power button shuts down laptop, instead of waking it up

Power button shuts down laptop, instead of waking it up: Since the past 2 weeks, I've been seeing strange behavior in my laptop.When I close the lid, it goes to sleep, but when I press the power button to turn it on, it just shuts down immediately. And doesn't turn on even after pressing power button.Then when I remove the...
  10. Power then Shut down Buttons

Power then Shut down Buttons: My choices were: " Power" then "Sleep Shut Down and Restrart." They are now: "Power",then Sleep Update and Shut Down and Update and Restart When I click on "Update and Shut Down", the machine goes back into Restart at once and then takes a long period of time after...