Windows 10: Power button to shutdown while windows not loging in

Discus and support Power button to shutdown while windows not loging in in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I setting windows10pro to "shutdown when I press power button", but it works only after user loging in to windows. But, when user not logging in just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by seksit, Mar 1, 2020.

1. seksit Win User

Power button to shutdown while windows not loging in

I setting windows10pro to "shutdown when I press power button", but it works only after user loging in to windows.

But, when user not logging in just power on system and user not yet logging in to windows, I need to allow the user to press power button to shutdown, how can I setting?

:)

seksit, Mar 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 shutdown power still light and fan still working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the laptop will not shutdown completely. We will help you.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Remove all the externally connected devices and cables including the battery.
    • Hold the power button for about a minute and release the power button.
    • Connect only the power cable and power on the PC.
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 shutdown power still light and fan still working

Sachin.V thank you for reply the post i hope no problem again . i try 2 times shutdown seen like problem solve thank you

cosmochong, Mar 1, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Use the power button to turn off the computer at Welcome screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to turn off computer at the Welcome screen using the power button.

Ideally, if no user has logged in to the computer, the computer will shut down by pressing the power button. However, I would suggest you to check the settings for power button. Refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows key + X, and select
      Power Options.
    2. Click on Additional power settings.
    3. Now, click on Choose what power button does from the left pane.
    4. Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    5. Select Shut down from the drop down for
      When I press the power button.

If you are using Windows 10 Pro, you may also want to check the Group Policy Settings, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type gpedit.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Navigate to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Power Management\Button Settings.
    4. On the right pane, double click on Select the Power button action (plugged in), click on
      Enabled and select Shutdown from the drop down for
      Power Button Action.
    5. Repeat step 4 for Select the Power button action (on battery).
    6. Restart the computer.

If a user has logged in to the computer and then logs off from the computer, the computer will shut down by pressing the power button. However, if a user is logged in to the computer and locks the computer using the
    Windows key + L combination, the power button will not shutdown the computer. You will have to use the power button on the lock screen to shut down the computer.

If you do not see the shutdown button, please refer the article Shutdown:
    Allow system to be shut down without having to log on

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to provide a feedback in the
    Feedback Hub. The Feedback hub lets you tell Microsoft
    about any problems you run in to while using Windows 10 and send suggestions to help us improve your Windows experience.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Power button to shutdown while windows not loging in - Similar Threads - Power button shutdown

2. Flashing Power button while PC is on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flashing Power button while PC is on: I'm curious to know why the power button on my brand new PC keeps flashing while it's turned on. It blinks about 5 times rapidly, pauses for around 1 second, and then repeats this sequence until I shut down the PC. Interestingly, the same flashing pattern occurs when I turn...
  3. Flashing Power button while PC is on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flashing Power button while PC is on: I'm curious to know why the power button on my brand new PC keeps flashing while it's turned on. It blinks about 5 times rapidly, pauses for around 1 second, and then repeats this sequence until I shut down the PC. Interestingly, the same flashing pattern occurs when I turn...
  4. Flashing Power button while PC is on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. After shutdown/restart the power button is still blinking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After shutdown/restart the power button is still blinking: Hi I'm at windows 11, when I either shutdown or restart my laptop the screen goes shut but the power button is still blinking and if I press any button the screen shows the typical thing you see after turning it on....
  6. After shutdown/restart the power button is still blinking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After shutdown/restart the power button is still blinking: Hi I'm at windows 11, when I either shutdown or restart my laptop the screen goes shut but the power button is still blinking and if I press any button the screen shows the typical thing you see after turning it on....
  7. Change power button to 'Update and shutdown'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change power button to 'Update and shutdown': Hello, The situation right now is that when i press the power button my computer shuts down and thus ignores the pending updates. I would like to configure the power button to automatically update my computer and shutdown. I am using: Edition: Windows 10 Enterprise...
  8. Shutdown using power button from lock screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown using power button from lock screen: My problem is that Windows will not shut the computer down when you press the power button (physical button on the computer, not the button on the log in screen) at the lock screen or log in screen. Is there a setting or registry I have to change to allow this to function...
  9. USB Power Feeds While PC is Shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Power Feeds While PC is Shutdown: Just thought I would throw this out there in case it can inspire a driver fix within Windows 10. I recently upgraded from Windows 7 and now my LEDs on my mouse wont shut off once my PC is shutdown (plugged into rear USB port). Additionally, my front USB ports seem to also...
  10. Windows 10- have to force shutdown via power button

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10- have to force shutdown via power button: Windows 10 x64 Until a few days ago, my laptop used to shutdown ie hybrid quickly. Now, my laptop refuses to shutdown unless I use the power button to force a shutdown. I have checked to see whether it was because of an update, but this is not the case. I have run...