Windows 10: Power button won't put my pc to sleep anymore after latest Win10 update

Discus and support Power button won't put my pc to sleep anymore after latest Win10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi After the latest windows update I can't get my pc to sleep and hibernate when pressing the power button. The power button itself isn't broken... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BoWang_FW, Nov 5, 2019.

1. BoWang_FW Win User

Power button won't put my pc to sleep anymore after latest Win10 update

Hi

After the latest windows update I can't get my pc to sleep and hibernate when pressing the power button. The power button itself isn't broken because it still boots/wakes up my pc when pressed and it still forces a shutdown when hold down for a couple of seconds. My settings are set to put the pc to sleep when pressing the power button. I have changed this to the other options available (Turn off screen/Shutdown PC) and these were ignored too.

I have tried the method given by this article

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...to-sleep/86d21d34-95b9-4021-aa1d-32e4a41f660e

But windows reports that 'Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.'

What's more, my pc always automatically wake up immediately after entering into sleep, no matter what method used to make it sleep (click the sleep button in start menu, idle time setting in power plans, and so on). That is, it can enter into sleep as expect, but after several seconds it is wake up again.

By viewing event manager it shows the reason of wake up is 'unknown'. However, hibernate behaves normally with the exception that power button won't put my pc to hibernate as well as sleep.

This problem of sleep did not appear long ago, and I notice this disorder in early 2019 at the first time. I have reinstall windows 10 2019H2, 2019H1, 2018H1 and 2018H2, which make no difference. Does anyone knows what could cause this?

:)

BoWang_FW, Nov 5, 2019
  2. kobib Win User

PC Won't go to sleep - Fixed Feature Power Button

Hi recently my laptop won't go to sleep, after one second is back from sleep saying that the power button was the trigger for waking up.

Power button won't put my pc to sleep anymore after latest Win10 update [​IMG]

I tried everything that I saw in similar post all over the forums.
    1. All the drivers updated
    2. Turn of all wake timers and allow device to wake up the computer from mouse, keyboard, Realtek PCIe Controller, Wireless AC.
    3. Turn "wake computer" from UpdateOrchestrator in Task Scheduler
    4. Run all the troubleshooters from windows
    5. Reinstalled Windows latest build
    6. Tried on older Windows build

Has anyone can suggest anything else ?
    It drives me crazy , its suddenly happened and now a can't find any solution

kobib, Nov 5, 2019
  3. [Solved] Power button won't put my pc to sleep anymore after latest Win10 update

Hi

After the latest windows update I can't get my pc to sleep when pressing the power button. The power button itself isn't broken because it still boots/wakes up my pc when pressed and it still forces a shutdown when hold down for a couple of seconds. Does anyone
    knows what could cause this?

Edit: My settings are set to put the pc to sleep when pressing the power button. I have changed this to the other options available (Turn off screen/Shutdown PC) and these were ignored too.

Bert-JanVD, Nov 5, 2019
  4. larrymcg Win User

Win10 PC Won't Sleep Anymore

Win10 64bit V1903 with all published updates. Some weeks ago (maybe even longer) my PC stopped going to sleep after the specified time. I am setting the times in Power & Sleep. I have the screen set to turn off after an hour (and it does) and the PC to sleep after 2 hours but it doesn't. It used to. I have changed the sleep timer several times but that hasn't helped.

I've looked at Device Management to see anything suspicious there but not sure what to look for.

Suggestions on what to look for?

-- Larry

larrymcg, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Power button won't put my pc to sleep anymore after latest Win10 update - Similar Threads - Power button won't

2. power button preventing my pc from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    power button preventing my pc from sleep: Hi guys i need your help, when i go to put my pc into sleep mode it suddenly just starts right back up again. I ran the command prompt and powercfg last wake and it says power button? i then ran the event trouble shooter and this is what came up. Can someone please help me...
  3. power button preventing my pc from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    power button preventing my pc from sleep: Hi guys i need your help, when i go to put my pc into sleep mode it suddenly just starts right back up again. I ran the command prompt and powercfg last wake and it says power button? i then ran the event trouble shooter and this is what came up. Can someone please help me...
  4. PC won't sleep anymore.

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't sleep anymore.: Last year, I ironically had a problem where my PC would wake up from sleep when it shouldn't. It was eventually solved. PC keeps waking up. Now, I am having the opposite problem. I have the same settings I've always had, which is display should turn off after 20 minutes, and...
  5. My PC won't restart after the latest update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC won't restart after the latest update.: Pressing the power button does not help. How can i fix this? The version is 20H2 (2) submitted by /u/1Erik0101 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mgmo9j/my_pc_wont_restart_after_the_latest_update/
  6. PC won't wake up after putting it in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won't wake up after putting it in sleep mode: So recently decided to join the 1440p gang, now rockin' a 3-monitor setup. Awesome stuff, except that I can't fully enjoy it as whenever I put my PC in power saving mode and try to wake it up, the power goes on and... nothing. No response from kb/m, nothing happens if I...
  7. Win10 PC Won't Sleep Anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 PC Won't Sleep Anymore: Win10 64bit V1903 with all published updates. Some weeks ago (maybe even longer) my PC stopped going to sleep after the specified time. I am setting the times in Power & Sleep. I have the screen set to turn off after an hour (and it does) and the PC to sleep after 2 hours but...
  8. PC Won't go to sleep - Fixed Feature Power Button

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Won't go to sleep - Fixed Feature Power Button: Hi recently my laptop won't go to sleep, after one second is back from sleep saying that the power button was the trigger for waking up. [img] I tried everything that I saw in similar post all over the forums. All the drivers updated Turn of all wake timers and allow...
  9. PC power button won't turn on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC power button won't turn on: So, I am having this problem for a while. I have a computer that is 7 years old, although old I am still able to do work with it perfectly until there's a problem. I shut down my computer when I'm not using, but when I try to turn it on by pressing the power button sometimes...
  10. Power button sleep on Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Power button sleep on Creators Update: I'm running Dell XPS 15 (9550) which I use for work. Finally our admins have upgraded McAfee which used to prevent Cretors Update from coming on my machine. Since a couple of days I'm running CU then! I have "sleep" function linked heto t power button settings (in power...