Windows 10: power button

Discus and support power button in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My power button shows sleep and update, power off and update How do i change it to sleep and power off?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CONOR DE LOUGHRY, Jan 15, 2019.

1. power button

My power button shows sleep and update, power off and update

How do i change it to sleep and power off?

:)

CONOR DE LOUGHRY, Jan 15, 2019
  2. OOOO Win User

How to disable "5 seconds power button shut off" on a laptop?

I does not suggest you to do this, if you insist on this, try the following steps.

1. Open Control Panel
    2. Find and click System and Security
    3. Find and click Power Options
    4. On the left hand, you will see Choose what the power button does and click it
    5. Click Change settings that are currently unavailable to be able to change the settings
    6. In When I press the power button, you can choose Do nothing

power button SQHnd.png

Hope this can help you.

3. Only the Power Button Wakes PC from Sleep - Laptop

• Open the Keyboard control panel item by typing keyboard into Start Menu.
    • Click the Hardware tab, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Change Settings button

Note: This step requires Administrator access
    • Click the Power Management tab, and then verify that the Allow this device to wake the computer is enabled.
    • Click OK, and then click OK again.

FreeBooter, Jan 15, 2019
  4. power button

Windows 10 power buttons not working.

Hi Gerry,

I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps given below:

You can run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings, which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering
    sleep mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.
    • Click on View all on the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Power.
    • Click on Advanced on the
      Power
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Power troubleshooter.
    Step 2:

Try to restore the default power plan settings and check to isolate the issue.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.
    • Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.
    • Click on Change plan settings beside your current plan.
    • Click on Restore default setting for this plan and click on
      OK if prompted.
    Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

power button

1. power button - Similar Threads - power button

2. I accidentally pressed the power button on the laptop then when I turned it back on it had...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally pressed the power button on the laptop then when I turned it back on it had...: I accidentally pressed the power button on the laptop then when I turned it back on it had 0% battery. The laptop is still working and still it doesn't shutdown by its self until the battery capacity has already been empty. I want to know how much battery capacity is left to...
  3. I accidentally pressed the power button on the laptop then when I turned it back on it had...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally pressed the power button on the laptop then when I turned it back on it had...: I accidentally pressed the power button on the laptop then when I turned it back on it had 0% battery. The laptop is still working and still it doesn't shutdown by its self until the battery capacity has already been empty. I want to know how much battery capacity is left to...
  4. My laptop keeps crashing, no BSOD, anything, just crashes and i gotta hold the power button...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps crashing, no BSOD, anything, just crashes and i gotta hold the power button...: It's been happening since July last year. I assume its a RAM issue. Currently using an MSI Pulse 17 b13vgk, which has a 4070, i7 and 16gbNo matter what I try, it's not working:- Updating Drivers- Updating in general- Looking around the web...
  5. My laptop keeps crashing, no BSOD, anything, just crashes and i gotta hold the power button...

My laptop keeps crashing, no BSOD, anything, just crashes and i gotta hold the power button...: It's been happening since July last year. I assume its a RAM issue. Currently using an MSI Pulse 17 b13vgk, which has a 4070, i7 and 16gbNo matter what I try, it's not working:- Updating Drivers- Updating in general- Looking around the web...
  6. The power button light is on but the screen is black.

The power button light is on but the screen is black.: I have a HP Pavilion 14. It stupendously overheats randomly on apps like Adobe Acrobat Etc. Today it lost battery and I charged it for an hour. The laptop is showing a black screen on boot. It has a whining noise for a few seconds but it just stops.It has an i7 and iris xe...
  7. The power button light is on but the screen is black.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The power button light is on but the screen is black.: I have a HP Pavilion 14. It stupendously overheats randomly on apps like Adobe Acrobat Etc. Today it lost battery and I charged it for an hour. The laptop is showing a black screen on boot. It has a whining noise for a few seconds but it just stops.It has an i7 and iris xe...
  8. Hi please I need some help my HP elite book core i5 I pressed the power on button but it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi please I need some help my HP elite book core i5 I pressed the power on button but it...: Hi please my HP elite book core i5 I just tried to put it on but the button just keep coming on and going back off the screen isn't even showing anything and I made sure to shut it down before...
  9. Hi please I need some help my HP elite book core i5 I pressed the power on button but it...

Hi please I need some help my HP elite book core i5 I pressed the power on button but it...: Hi please my HP elite book core i5 I just tried to put it on but the button just keep coming on and going back off the screen isn't even showing anything and I made sure to shut it down before...
  10. Hi please I need some help my HP elite book core i5 I pressed the power on button but it...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance