Windows 10: Power consumption issue with TP

Discus and support Power consumption issue with TP in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I noticed a shorter battery life with the TP Since my computer runs heavy tasks I'm checking T° and power usage. Compared to Win 8.1 I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jvco, Mar 12, 2015.

1. jvco Win User

Power consumption issue with TP

Hello,

I noticed a shorter battery life with the TP
    Since my computer runs heavy tasks I'm checking T° and power usage.
    Compared to Win 8.1 I also noticed an higher power consumption when idle (3,5W min with the TP, 2,3W on 8.1), data observed with Core Temp.

Someone noticed something similar ?

:)

2. Fingadub Win User

Performance and power consumption issues

My battery drains when it is turned completely off. I have no idea why, it did not do that before with windows 8.1

Fingadub, Mar 12, 2015
  3. Performance and power consumption issues

after installing windows 10. i have noticed battery going flat and the back is hot. i used to get about 3.5_4 hours video playback and several days with occasional use web browsing and emails etc with windows 8.1 pro. now with windows 10 my power is always
    draining even in sleep mode. i turned it on before tea it was 100% without opening anything and put it to sleep with power saver option, it went down to 79% in less then an hour! i wish i didnt get windows 10 Power consumption issue with TP :(

craigmarquis, Mar 12, 2015
Thema:

Power consumption issue with TP

1. Power consumption issue with TP - Similar Threads - Power consumption issue

2. Data Consumption issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data Consumption issue: Hii my Windows 10 is using a lot of data and whenever I connect hotspot withing minutes'it consumes 2gb when I checked in settings it showed system is using more data how to stop system to consume so much data...
  3. Data Consumption issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data Consumption issue: Hii my Windows 10 is using a lot of data and whenever I connect hotspot withing minutes'it consumes 2gb when I checked in settings it showed system is using more data how to stop system to consume so much data...
  4. Enormous task manager power consumption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enormous task manager power consumption: This has become very aggravating. I run Windows 10 most current version and if I DON'T load up the task manager in the background it will run at an enormous power consumption rated Very High for no reason consuming a ton of resources. It never drops. It absolutely kills any...
  5. Enormous task manager power consumption

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enormous task manager power consumption: This has become very aggravating. I run Windows 10 most current version and if I DON'T load up the task manager in the background it will run at an enormous power consumption rated Very High for no reason consuming a ton of resources. It never drops. It absolutely kills any...
  6. Enormous task manager power consumption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Too high system power consumption at idle.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Too high system power consumption at idle.: Hi! My system consumes way too much power at Idle. I have a power meter on the socket and it shows ~115-130W at idle. The system is pretty complex, so higher consumption is expected, but it's way to much for Idle. The GPU Power at Idle ~17W (RTX3070, no fans, it's water...
  8. Too much power consumption in modern standby

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Too much power consumption in modern standby: My laptop supports Modern Standby. The only drawback is it consumes too much power. Everything is fine in energy report. Nohwdrips.c10.unknown is active all the time. Modern standby is a very good feature. I dont want to lose it. What i have tried is 1. tried recovery but it...
  9. Lowering the power consumption when consuming media

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lowering the power consumption when consuming media: Hey, I use my PC basically for any sort of media consumption. I leave it on just to listen music while I do house errands and such. I have a mid ranged PC. I was wondering if there is a proper way of lowering power consumption while I am not doing anything serious? submitted...
  10. PCIe Cable Power Consumption Question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PCIe Cable Power Consumption Question: What's up ladies and gents. I have a question regarding PCIe power consumption for graphics cards. I've searched around and I get a very divided answer to this: Should I use a single power cable with x2 6+2 split on a GPU with slots over 8? or use two seperate 6+2 power...