Windows 10: Power consumption issue with TP

Discus and support Power consumption issue with TP in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I noticed a shorter battery life with the TP Since my computer runs heavy tasks I'm checking T° and power usage. Compared to Win 8.1 I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jvco, Mar 12, 2015.

1. jvco Win User

Power consumption issue with TP

Hello,

I noticed a shorter battery life with the TP
    Since my computer runs heavy tasks I'm checking T° and power usage.
    Compared to Win 8.1 I also noticed an higher power consumption when idle (3,5W min with the TP, 2,3W on 8.1), data observed with Core Temp.

Someone noticed something similar ?

:)

2. Fingadub Win User

Performance and power consumption issues

My battery drains when it is turned completely off. I have no idea why, it did not do that before with windows 8.1

Fingadub, Mar 12, 2015
  3. Performance and power consumption issues

after installing windows 10. i have noticed battery going flat and the back is hot. i used to get about 3.5_4 hours video playback and several days with occasional use web browsing and emails etc with windows 8.1 pro. now with windows 10 my power is always
    draining even in sleep mode. i turned it on before tea it was 100% without opening anything and put it to sleep with power saver option, it went down to 79% in less then an hour! i wish i didnt get windows 10 Power consumption issue with TP :(

craigmarquis, Mar 12, 2015
Thema:

Power consumption issue with TP

1. Power consumption issue with TP - Similar Threads - Power consumption issue

2. Lowering the power consumption when consuming media

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lowering the power consumption when consuming media: Hey, I use my PC basically for any sort of media consumption. I leave it on just to listen music while I do house errands and such. I have a mid ranged PC. I was wondering if there is a proper way of lowering power consumption while I am not doing anything serious? submitted...
  3. Data consumption

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data consumption: When I connect my pc to Internet data is consumed more than I use,within an hour my data is getting empty,I think this is because of the update but the thing is I did pause all the updates. [IMG]...
  4. Intel to reduce Chromium’s power consumption on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Intel to reduce Chromium’s power consumption on Windows 10: The Chromium platform is the king of the web browsing market. However, Chromium-based Chrome has the reputation of being a power-hungry browser on Windows devices. If you feel the Chrome browser in your laptop is draining the battery, then we have good news for you—Intel is...
  5. Higher Power Consumption when not logged into via RDP?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Higher Power Consumption when not logged into via RDP?: [ATTACH] Hey Guys I'm running a small home "server" PC constisting of a AMD 3400G, B450 Tomahawk and 16GB RAM. At softwareside it's running Windows 10 1903, Newest AMD driver and it's balanced Power Plan. The PC is running headless, if I need to check something I login...
  6. PCIe Cable Power Consumption Question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PCIe Cable Power Consumption Question: What's up ladies and gents. I have a question regarding PCIe power consumption for graphics cards. I've searched around and I get a very divided answer to this: Should I use a single power cable with x2 6+2 split on a GPU with slots over 8? or use two seperate 6+2 power...
  7. Data Consumption Issue, svchost.exe

in Windows 10 Support
    Data Consumption Issue, svchost.exe: Hi there, I check my emails very regularly, and moniter my data usage with Glasswire. I use a pay-as-you go service for internet (while I'm here in France), it's a sort of wireless hotspot device, which I recharge 3gb at a time. I had just recharged the thing a few days...
  8. New Intel drivers to solve Surface Pro 4 sleep power consumption issue

in Windows 10 News
    New Intel drivers to solve Surface Pro 4 sleep power consumption issue: Users of the Surface Pro 4 may get some relief today as Intel's latest driver update (15.40.14.32.4352) appears to address the notorious issue of high power consumption during 'sleep' mode. As Paul Thurrott reported last month, Microsoft acknowledged the problem and stated...
  9. Microsoft Research - Reducing Power Consumption of Mobile Games

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Research - Reducing Power Consumption of Mobile Games: In the last decade, mobile gaming has grown into a huge industry. According to Newzoo, the global mobile games market will reach $46.1 billion in 2017, a 19.4% increase from the year before. Players can enjoy amazing gaming experience on mobile devices due to the...
  10. Google Chrome Reducing power consumption for background tabs

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Reducing power consumption for background tabs: Efficient power usage is an important aspect of speed, one of Chrome’s key pillars. To prolong battery life, Chrome should minimize power impact from things users can’t see. This includes background tabs, which consume a third of Chrome's power usage on desktop. Starting in...