Windows 10: Power cord disconnected from the pc, now the pc does not start anymore, what to do?

Discus and support Power cord disconnected from the pc, now the pc does not start anymore, what to do? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My pc was in standby and someone accidentally pulled out the extender to which the power cord was connected. Now when I start up the PC a charging... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IlluminaTea, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Power cord disconnected from the pc, now the pc does not start anymore, what to do?

My pc was in standby and someone accidentally pulled out the extender to which the power cord was connected. Now when I start up the PC a charging symbol (picture) comes up and then the screen goes off, after 2 minutes the charging symbol comes up again and this repeats itself all the time. What can I do?

Power cord disconnected from the pc, now the pc does not start anymore, what to do? 0_big.jpg

:)

IlluminaTea, Jun 27, 2020

2. PC won't complete start up after sllep, disconnect power cord and reconnect power cord to get pc to start again.

When my desktop PC tries start up from sleep mode it locks and won't start. I have to disconnect power cord an reconnect power cord to start the PC. This in a former windows 7 machine the was upgraded from windows 7 directly to windows 10. The runs smoothly
    in all other aspects of performance.

The PC is a HP Pavilion model p6210f with 8gb of memory and a primary solid state hard drive and a the original hard drive is now a storage drive.

This problem has caused me to change the power setting to never allow the PC to go to sleep.

Please provide any though s you might have. Thank you.

TimHoolihan, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Smitty W. Win User
    Unplugging power cord and holding the power button. PC won't turn on

Okay so I attempted to fix a Windows 10 usb problem by following a month old forum. The instructions were:

1. Unplug the power cord from desktop computer.
    2. Hold in the on/off button for approx. 10 seconds until the light goes off. This kills the reserve power.
    3. Unplug all of your USB cords from the back of your machine as well as any flash drive or any other USB
      device that is plugged into your computer.
    4. Insert the power plug back into your computer and power it up. Allow it to completely load everything
      that it needs to before you do anything else.
    5. Now start plugging your USB devices back into your computer one at a time while waiting for them to
      indicate that they are recognized. Do this with each one of your devices until all have been recognized.
    6. Now right/click on computer or This PC and choose Manage / Device Manager /USB Serial Controllers and
      check to see if any of them have the yellow tag. They should not have if the problem is corrected.

Unfortunately I only got to Step 4, when I press the power button nothing turns on. So now I'm at a complete loss. The only thing that seems to turn on though, would be the lights to my led keyboard when I plug it in. Anyways, how do I fix/turn on my PC again?

Here's a link to the forum: Unknown USB device in Windows 10

Smitty W., Aug 6, 2020
  4. Jetster Win User

Power cord disconnected from the pc, now the pc does not start anymore, what to do?

PC doesn't power down after holding power button for 4 seconds

Holding the power button is not the proper way to power down. It's a hard power off on some but not all PCs (just like pulling the power cord)
    Pushing it one time should power it down. Just as the start/shut down does from the desktop (does it power off from the desktop?)

List the complete specs. If its the hard drive you can check the smart data
    Sometime a PC will hang on shutdown from programs that lock up

Jetster, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Power cord disconnected from the pc, now the pc does not start anymore, what to do?

1. Power cord disconnected from the pc, now the pc does not start anymore, what to do? - Similar Threads - Power cord disconnected

2. PC Wont Turn Until Power Cord Swapped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Wont Turn Until Power Cord Swapped: Okay So I Came across a Observation and I dont Know If that is a Expected Behaviour or a Fault So Im Asking the Community as i didnt find any Such article Over Internet So Sometimes When Theres a Power Cut While PC Was Turned on I Dont Have UPS. Next time I would turn On...
  3. PC Wont Turn Until Power Cord Swapped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Wont Turn Until Power Cord Swapped: Okay So I Came across a Observation and I dont Know If that is a Expected Behaviour or a Fault So Im Asking the Community as i didnt find any Such article Over Internet So Sometimes When Theres a Power Cut While PC Was Turned on I Dont Have UPS. Next time I would turn On...
  4. If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off: If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off it says 0% available windows 11 Lenovo pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-unplug-the-power-cord-the-pc-goes-off/44d424cf-91ab-4634-b3e2-3d25bcb816a7
  5. If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off: If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off it says 0% available windows 11 Lenovo pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-unplug-the-power-cord-the-pc-goes-off/44d424cf-91ab-4634-b3e2-3d25bcb816a7
  6. PC won't start anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC won't start anymore: My PC freezed today and after restart didn't start anymore. All that shows on the screen is the initial page with the spinning stars, then an empty black screen and then nothing.. On another restart, I got the orange screen with the waiting notification that very soon seconds...
  7. Help, PC does not start properly anymore?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help, PC does not start properly anymore?: Hello, my PC does not start anymore since today and only shows the error code: critical_process_died. You cannot reset it or anything else. Please help me. (Picture is below) [ATTACH] Hilfe, PC lässt sich nicht mehr richtig starten?
  8. My PC won't start anymore, what can I do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My PC won't start anymore, what can I do?: Hello, my Windows 10 is broken, error 0xc000000f But I don't have a recovery CD, because it was not included in the delivery, what should I do? Mein PC startet nicht mehr, was kann ich tun?
  9. power cord

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power cord: i am having a problem not having to use my power cord i am currenty using my battery for now what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cord/4ea518d3-4d89-4628-860e-3aa6e6436739
  10. Power Cord

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power Cord: My puppy chewed my power cord. How do I find out where the info is on what type my computer is and what type of cord I need so I can order another power cord? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cord/8233434f-97a6-4b3d-b9d7-a5f9ee2e9cd8