Windows 10: Power cord not running laptop but is charging battery.

Discus and support Power cord not running laptop but is charging battery. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop is currently charging with the power cord but does not seem to be running it at all. The battery is depleting while I am using the laptop to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RyanMessenger1, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Power cord not running laptop but is charging battery.

My laptop is currently charging with the power cord but does not seem to be running it at all. The battery is depleting while I am using the laptop to the point that it will shutdown because of low battery even though it is plugged in. Battery will then charge. Icon bar at the bottom of screen also does not show that the cord is plugged in. Any ideas why? I feel like this is a setting issue?

:)

RyanMessenger1, Jan 6, 2019

2. When ac power cord is plugged in, my windows 10 laptop keeps charging and uncharging

Hi Philippe,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. We will help you to resolve the issue.

Please reply with the below information to know more about the issue:

1. What is the make and model of the laptop?

2. Is this issue confined only when you insert the ac power card?

3. Are you facing this issue when you charge your computer normally?

4. Are you getting any error message or notification when the computer stops charging?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Power troubleshooter.

I would suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press the ‘Windows + X’ key on the keyboard.
    • Type troubleshooter in the search box and then press Enter.
    • Select Troubleshooting. Click on
      and select Power.
    • Click next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Try power cycling the laptop and check if it helps.

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Take out the power cord and the battery.

3. Hold the power button for like 10 seconds to release the charge.

4. Plug the battery and power cord back in.

5. Turn the computer on.

6. It should be able to charge now.

Tips to save battery power

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/tips-save-battery-power

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 6, 2019
  3. Battery not charging in my Dell insprion11. Have put in new battery and new power cord.

Battery not charging in dell insprion,have new battery and power cord?

LuannaMccallop, Jan 6, 2019
  4. Power cord not running laptop but is charging battery.

Charging problems, battery showing full but not charging and laptop closes down on battery power alone.

Hello,

• What is the make and model of your Laptop?
    • Do you get any error message while connecting the charger?
    Let's try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

1. Press Windows + X key.

2. Select Control panel.

3. In the search box, type Troubleshooter and then click Troubleshooting.

4. Under System and Security,

5. Click on Power and Click on Next button.

Method 2: If the issue still persists, Try power cycling
    the laptop and check if it helps.

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Take out the power cord and the battery.

3. Hold the power button for like 10 seconds to release the charge.

4. Plug the battery and power cord back in.

5. Turn the computer on.

6. It should be able to charge now.

Kindly let us know the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

Power cord not running laptop but is charging battery.

1. Power cord not running laptop but is charging battery. - Similar Threads - Power cord running

2. Laptop powers down instead of hibernating when battery charge runs out

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop powers down instead of hibernating when battery charge runs out: I have my laptop's "Critical battery action" set to "Hibernate" when running on the battery. The Low and Critical battery levels are default 10% and 5% respectively. The "Low battery action" is "Do nothing".My battery was running low and I was trying to work right up until...
  3. Laptop powers down instead of hibernating when battery charge runs out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop powers down instead of hibernating when battery charge runs out: I have my laptop's "Critical battery action" set to "Hibernate" when running on the battery. The Low and Critical battery levels are default 10% and 5% respectively. The "Low battery action" is "Do nothing".My battery was running low and I was trying to work right up until...
  4. Laptop powers down instead of hibernating when battery charge runs out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Battery will still goes "plugged in, charging" after I removed the power cord

Battery will still goes "plugged in, charging" after I removed the power cord: Hello,I have a lenovo thinkbook and is currently running windows 10. Every now and then, if I finished charging my laptop and unplug the cord doesnt matter if the laptop was dead or alive, the battery status would still persisted on "plugged in, charging" when obviously it...
  6. LAPTOP LOCKS AUTOMATICALLY WHEN THE POWER CORD IS NOT CHARGING

in Windows 10 Customization
    LAPTOP LOCKS AUTOMATICALLY WHEN THE POWER CORD IS NOT CHARGING: OK so my laptop locks automatically when the power cord doesn't charge for like even a second for first it says low power plug in your pc now and then locks itself then i have to turn it on and it just wastes a lot of time and i have to have my power cord in at all times...
  7. power cord

power cord: i am having a problem not having to use my power cord i am currenty using my battery for now what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cord/4ea518d3-4d89-4628-860e-3aa6e6436739
  8. Battery Not Detected, but connected to laptop and plugged into power and not charging...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Not Detected, but connected to laptop and plugged into power and not charging...: I just purchased a brand new battery as the one I had before wasn't working. When I connected the battery to the laptop it's not detecting the battery so it won't charge the battery. How do I correct this issue?...
  9. Power Cord

Power Cord: My puppy chewed my power cord. How do I find out where the info is on what type my computer is and what type of cord I need so I can order another power cord? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cord/8233434f-97a6-4b3d-b9d7-a5f9ee2e9cd8
  10. Battery not charging in my Dell insprion11. Have put in new battery and new power cord.

Battery not charging in my Dell insprion11. Have put in new battery and new power cord.: Battery not charging in dell insprion,have new battery and power cord? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/battery-not-charging-in-my-dell-insprion11-have/dd07e2a4-5c34-46e0-983c-1e9ce4a6b5bb