Windows 10: Power down usb when computer sleeps

Discus and support Power down usb when computer sleeps in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am unable to get Windows 10 64 bit to power down the USB ports when the computer goes to sleep. Have tried all the power options for the usb root... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Craig_0355, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Power down usb when computer sleeps

I am unable to get Windows 10 64 bit to power down the USB ports when the computer goes to sleep. Have tried all the power options for the usb root hub in Device Manager. Have tried hibernating as well. I am using an Intel NUC 6i7KYK. I have not tried making changes to the BIOS. Have not seen any information in the forums to suggest that may work.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

:)

Craig_0355, Jul 16, 2020

2. After the latest update, computer is shutting down when in sleep mode - Windows 10

Hi Dylan

There are several options that you can check to further troubleshoot this issue about your
    computer shutting down when on Sleep mode. We suggest that you run the
    Power troubleshooter to see if there are problems with your Power settings. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Troubleshooting and click the
      first option.
    • Select System and Security.
    • Click on Power.
    Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jul 16, 2020
  3. IVO
    Ivo Win User
    Don't power USB when sleeping

There are a lot of articles on how to keep a USB device powered when sleeping, but I want to do the opposite: power down a USB hub when putting my laptop to sleep. (The USB hub has a really bright blue light which wastes energy and is annoying when I try to sleep)

There are two things connected to the hub: an external harddisk (which has an external power supply which I cut off when the computer sleeps) and a keyboard

Things I already tried (In the device manager, right click on start --> device manager):

• Check "allow the computer to turn down this device to save power" for the USB hub and connected keyboard (was actually already turned on by default)
    • Uncheck "Allow this device to wake the computer" (for the keyboard, checkbox is disabled for USB hub)

These options are not available for my external disk.

Does anybody know what I could do to power the USB hub down at night (except for the obvious but annoying disconnecting the USB hub)?

EDIT: I would also like to do this for ONLY the USB hub, so the other USB ports should keep power (I use my mouse to wake the computer and one of the other ports to charge my phone).

4. Power down usb when computer sleeps

Can't power off or sleep the computer since upgrade to Windows 10

My computer settings were already set to shut down with the power button. Had to contact HP and have them reinstall a driver.

MelissaS71, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Power down usb when computer sleeps

1. Power down usb when computer sleeps - Similar Threads - Power down usb

2. USB microphone stays powered when computer is shut down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB microphone stays powered when computer is shut down?: I recently got a new computer, and I notice that when I shut it down the red power light on my Blue Yeti stays on, but the device isn't on? I don't hear anything from it as I have my headphones plugged into it. But the light does turn off when I flip the the power switch on...
  3. USB microphone stays powered when computer is shut down?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB microphone stays powered when computer is shut down?: I recently got a new computer, and I notice that when I shut it down the red power light on my Blue Yeti stays on, but the device isn't on? I don't hear anything from it as I have my headphones plugged into it. But the light does turn off when I flip the the power switch on...
  4. Computer powers off when selecting sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer powers off when selecting sleep: Been experiencing issues where my desktop just shuts off when going into sleep mode. It happens whether I let the machine idle or even when I manually select sleep from the windows start menu. It seems like it completes the sleep prep process but then after a few seconds...
  5. No SLEEP - powers down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No SLEEP - powers down: An ASUS z390a, I7-8000, running Windows 10 was recently updated with the current BIOS, and switched to UEFI/GPT/secure boot in prep for Win 11.SLEEP no longer works correctly, but instead powers down after a few minutes. When the power button is subsequently pressed W10 soon...
  6. No SLEEP - powers down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No SLEEP - powers down: An ASUS z390a, I7-8000, running Windows 10 was recently updated with the current BIOS, and switched to UEFI/GPT/secure boot in prep for Win 11.SLEEP no longer works correctly, but instead powers down after a few minutes. When the power button is subsequently pressed W10 soon...
  7. No SLEEP - powers down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Disable "Blinking" Light When Powering Down Computer Into Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable "Blinking" Light When Powering Down Computer Into Sleep Mode: Hello. So for the longest time ever, I customized a method to whenever I want to power down my computer and then start it back up again, it would reload everything that's already open. When I run this little custom "script", it enables Hibernate mode (where Windows creates...
  9. Computer shuts down powers off in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer shuts down powers off in sleep mode: After my computer enters sleep mode for some time it will automatically shut down or power off rather than just remaining in sleep mode. it is a Dell XPS Studio 9100 running Windows 10. I have checked power settings and can't find any obvious problems. Any ideas on solving...
  10. Computer shuts down when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer shuts down when put to sleep: When I close the lid of my new laptop, it shuts down instead of staying in sleep mode. I've triple checked that the computer is set to Sleep (NOT Shut Down) when the lid is closed. It seems to Sleep for a short time, then Shut Down. Battery at 90%, so that isn't the issue. I...