Windows 10: Power DVD 19 no longer displays (blank purple screen) after last win 10 update

Discus and support Power DVD 19 no longer displays (blank purple screen) after last win 10 update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Reinstalled and got a small square where key goes and pasted it and could see some of the numbers on the square, but that is all that happened. Before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MaxGhz, May 10, 2019.

1. MaxGhz Win User

Power DVD 19 no longer displays (blank purple screen) after last win 10 update

Reinstalled and got a small square where key goes and pasted it and could see some of the numbers on the square, but that is all that happened. Before I reinstalled got a message the current install was incompatible. Have contacted Cyberlink, but wondered if anyone else had this problem as it does not show up anywhere else I could find?

:)

MaxGhz, May 10, 2019
  2. LJH FL Win User

Win 10 blank screen

Win 10 downloaded & converted cleanly. It worked cleanly for 2 days on a Dell laptop - Inspiron 15z (5523, Late 2012). Decided to do a clean install to clear out residual history stuff. Made backup copies of my files. Initiated the creation of the
    recovery/restore USB. "When it finished I clicked on file explorer and the screen went blank. Only the cursor remained. Nothing would change the screen but the cursor would respond properly.

Powered off and powered on and got to the sign on page. Enter password and got welcome screen with circling dots. When this process turned control over to desktop the screen goes blank but shows cursor. Tried key combinations (Fn, windows, etc,) and only
    the CTL-ALT-Del combo worked which brought up task mgr. All systems were go according to Task mgr. Could start and stop processes. Also enable and disable them. Trying to see the storage location or other function gave me an "not found" error msg.
    Could use the network and power buttons properly in task mgr. So the hardware was working and the drivers too. Windows 10 is running but does not display on the screen. Win 10 is running in idle mode.

Tried to use alternate boot up which gives the windows logo and then goes to the blank screen with cursor. Hardware diagnostics are fine and pass the tests. The majority of advice in the "community" require visual access to recovery steps or restore steps.
    How to get that done?

Suggestions?

LJH FL, May 10, 2019
  3. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, May 10, 2019
  4. hash008 Win User

Nokia n8 display issue - purple screen

Hello Everyone,

I had the Purple Screen Issue. And I got the confirmation from reliable sources that the issue is with the hardware (Display itself) and not with the software/ firmware.

Resolution: I took the phone to Nokia Care Point and they took only a day to resolve the issue.NCP has changed the display screen. And the new one also have a slight purple tint, but almost 85-90% better than the original one.

Now I can clearly suggest everyone who have Purple tint problem : Take the phone to nearest Nokia Care point and the issue will get resolved.

Most Important Info: It's not a Software/ Firmware Glitch and update will do nothing.

Regards,

hash

hash008, May 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Power DVD 19 no longer displays (blank purple screen) after last win 10 update - Similar Threads - Power DVD longer

2. Blue Screen started after LAST update Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue Screen started after LAST update Win 10: My computer keeps shutting down automatically. I am getting the blue screen with stop code Memory Management. I ran the memory diagnostic and found no errors. I searched for answers the last 3 days and every time I get to something that says to go to my command prompt...I...
  3. Blue Screen started after LAST update Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen started after LAST update Win 10: My computer keeps shutting down automatically. I am getting the blue screen with stop code Memory Management. I ran the memory diagnostic and found no errors. I searched for answers the last 3 days and every time I get to something that says to go to my command prompt...I...
  4. Blue Screen started after LAST update Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. VMWare not longer runs after the last Win 10 update

VMWare not longer runs after the last Win 10 update: Windows 10 took the last update. Now when I try and start my copy of VMWare it says "WMWare Workstation Pro can't run on Windows". BUT IT HAS FOR THE LAST YEAR. My business relies on this software. How can I get it to work again? Updating this version of VMWare is not an...
  6. Win 10 crashing after Sept 19 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 crashing after Sept 19 update: My PC crashes with suspicious regularity after 16:25 [plus or minus 5 seconds] 16:28 [didn't log reason in time] 16:24 System service exception 16:23 Kmode exception not handled 16:33 System service exception 16:23 Kernal mode heap corruption.......
  7. SCREEN IS BLANK AFTER RECENT UPDATE IN WIN 10

SCREEN IS BLANK AFTER RECENT UPDATE IN WIN 10: I RESTARTED MY LAPTOP AT AROUND 8.30 AM (WIN 10 )STILL THE SCREEN IS BLANK DOES NOT SHOW ANYTHING . IS IT A PROBLEM OR THE UPDATE IS INSTALLING...
  8. Cyberlink Power DVD Ultra 19 Released

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cyberlink Power DVD Ultra 19 Released: Hey all, Hope I have posted here in correct spot :) Cyberlink PowerDVD ULTRA 19 has been released and is 64 bit (yeah!), I think this is their first 64 bit version?.. All the others I have had were 32 installed. PowerDVD 19 - Video Player Software | CyberLink Appears to...
  9. Display and mouse problems after the last Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display and mouse problems after the last Win 10 update: This lasted update did something to my Hp w2338h computer and monitor. I know have a horizental line about that is about 1/4 from the edge of the right side of the monitor and my arrow for my mouse acts like it has a mind of it own. Just starts moving on it own and jumps...
  10. second monitor no longer displays after win 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    second monitor no longer displays after win 10 update: This is a weird one but seems to be quite common for peeps who have upgraded from win 7 - 10. I'm running win10 pro. After a win 10 update in Feb, I restarted my machine and my second monitor no longer works. That update also trashed my NVIDIA driver updates but I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. powwr dvd purple screen

2. power dvd just a black screen after window 10 build 18363.476 update