Windows 10: power from the usb on my laptop

Discus and support power from the usb on my laptop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; How do I configure my laptop to turn power to the usb plugs off when the laptop is turned off. I have purchased a cooling pad for the laptop to sit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KeithAnglen, Oct 30, 2018.

1. power from the usb on my laptop

How do I configure my laptop to turn power to the usb plugs off when the laptop is turned off.

I have purchased a cooling pad for the laptop to sit on and have plugged the usb power plug into the laptop. I would like the cooling pad to go off when I turn off the laptop but the cooling pad stays on. I am guessing the cooling pad is drawing power from the laptop battery when the laptop is turned off.

I am running android windows 10.

:)

KeithAnglen, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, power from the usb on my laptop :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Disable "Power Surge on USB" message

Hi David,

If the system detects that a USB port is going over the power limit, the system is set to notify the user by default. However, since you mentioned that you're still getting the notification after you disabled the alerts, we suggest following these steps
    instead:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Device Manager.
    • Click the drop-down arrow beside Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click anything that has USB Host Controller in its name, and select
      Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer. The driver will be reinstalled automatically.

Let us know if the error notification disappears after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Oct 31, 2018
  4. power from the usb on my laptop

No power at usb

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

"I have checked and followed the instructions in Device Manager, Trouble shooting , settings, update driver and audio within the computer

Also various links within this forum with no success"

What troubleshooting steps did you try to resolve the issue?

I would suggest you to run the hardware and device troubleshooter and check:

Try these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Click view all in the left panel.
    • Select ‘Hardware and devices' and follow the on-screen instructions.
    If you think that it is the power that is causing this, run the Power Troubleshooter.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Power”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

I would suggest you to restore default settings of power plan and check if it helps.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change advanced power settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.

Hope this post is helpful. Get back to us with the results. We are happy to help.

Joy Kemprai, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

power from the usb on my laptop

1. power from the usb on my laptop - Similar Threads - power usb laptop

2. Laptop not booting from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not booting from USB: Hello.I just found an old laptop in my closet, a Sony Vaio VGN-TZ31VN. 2GB RAM, 32-bit Windows 7 Professional. It's extremely slow, and I just wanted to reinstall Windows or install another lightweight OS for old laptops \, such as Linux Mint, by creating a bootable USB Flash...
  3. Laptop not booting from USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not booting from USB: Hello.I just found an old laptop in my closet, a Sony Vaio VGN-TZ31VN. 2GB RAM, 32-bit Windows 7 Professional. It's extremely slow, and I just wanted to reinstall Windows or install another lightweight OS for old laptops \, such as Linux Mint, by creating a bootable USB Flash...
  4. The laptop screen is 'dead' and no USB power on boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The laptop screen is 'dead' and no USB power on boot: Most of the times, I just 'sleep' the laptop. Yesterday, I 'slept' the laptop and didn't use all day. Today morning, tried to boot it, it felt like it did boot (fan running etc) but the screen remained dead (as in the screen didn't power up). There was no power to USB ports...
  5. My Laptop is Loosing Power To My USB Devices and Wifi is Missing

My Laptop is Loosing Power To My USB Devices and Wifi is Missing: I have Asus TUF GE, I have my external mouse, keyboard, monitor, usb joystick, sound card, and wifi dongle due to wifi issue connected through the usb hub which is powered by 5v micro usb. As written in the tittle, my laptop somehow is loosing power it's like all my devices...
  6. Bsod after powered off my laptop from powerbutton

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod after powered off my laptop from powerbutton: I hav powered off my laptop from powerbutton and now bsod is appearing how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod/5983a350-9c34-4125-88f5-5365965d3e34
  7. charging laptop from power bank

in Windows 10 Support
    charging laptop from power bank: Hello, I found a lot on the go with my laptop (Toshiba Satellite) And find myself without battery - and without a home socket to charge. Is there a way to charge a laptop through POWER BANK? I understand that there is a need to convert DC voltage to AC. Is there a device...
  8. Power options on my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Power options on my laptop: Hello to all I have a HP255G6 laptop been working good for a while. Small problem since Saturday been having an issue with closing the lid and selecting sleep in the power options with no issues until this morning that method had stopped working. Another thing when I left...
  9. Transferring photos from a usb to my laptop

Transferring photos from a usb to my laptop: Just returned from overseas and want to transfer my photos from a USB. After inserting the USB and I click on autoplay it only gives me the option of opening the photos but nowhere to actually transfer them to my laptop. Help please to do it. Thanks Sue...
  10. Is my laptop powerful enough

in Windows 10 Support
    Is my laptop powerful enough: Hi I'm currently the proud owner of a 7-year-old (yes, really) Dell Latitude D830 laptop which has 4Gb of memory. Off the top of my head I can't remember the processor speed. It also has a 72Gb hard drive. At the moment I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate edition and am...