Windows 10: Power Icon not working

Discus and support Power Icon not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Windows 10. My power icon is not working. I went to the Task Bar settings and it was turned on. However, the box in the settings area is blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DebiDamico, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Power Icon not working

I have Windows 10. My power icon is not working. I went to the Task Bar settings and it was turned on. However, the box in the settings area is blue with no icon. This is also true for Task Manager. I have tried turning them off and on again with no change. Any ideas?

:)

DebiDamico, Feb 26, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Power Icon disappeared

Hi Jane,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• Have you installed graphics drivers?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

And also install all the latest drivers (Graphic) from the manufacturer web site.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Lost Power, now PC won't boot. Powers on and clicks.

I had tried both of those steps. Neither worked. I have a replacement power supply on order. Should be here on Monday. Thanks for the suggestions.

musiclover7, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Power Icon not working

Windows 10 power issue

Hi Adithyaram,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps bellow and check if it helps

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Power troubleshooter

Method 2: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website. Both Display
    driver and Audio drivers.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

Power Icon not working

1. Power Icon not working - Similar Threads - Power Icon working

2. POWER ICONS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    POWER ICONS: HELLO!I AM TRYING TO SHUT DOWN MY LAPTOP BUT WHEN I CLICK N POWER, THE SHUTDOWN, SLEEP AND RESTART ICONS ARE NOT VISIBLE SO I AM NOT ABLE TO SHUTDOWN MY LAPTOP BY SHUTTING IT DOWN INSTEAD I HAVE TO CLOSE IT THROUGH THE POWER BUTTON. WHAT SHOULD I DO TO MAKE THOSE ICONS...
  3. POWER ICONS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    POWER ICONS: HELLO!I AM TRYING TO SHUT DOWN MY LAPTOP BUT WHEN I CLICK N POWER, THE SHUTDOWN, SLEEP AND RESTART ICONS ARE NOT VISIBLE SO I AM NOT ABLE TO SHUTDOWN MY LAPTOP BY SHUTTING IT DOWN INSTEAD I HAVE TO CLOSE IT THROUGH THE POWER BUTTON. WHAT SHOULD I DO TO MAKE THOSE ICONS...
  4. POWER ICONS

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Power Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Icon: I have been struggling to turn my laptop off from the displayed icon on the laptop. Every time I select it, it says ' There are currently no power options available' If someone can please help me I would really appreciate it...
  6. power icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    power icon: my power icon has disappeared off my taskbar...on the settings it shows as 'on', but is grey, not blue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-icon/f683695c-2670-4e6b-8755-6c5465ee35b0
  7. Battery and Power Icon

Battery and Power Icon: Why is the power icon disabled though I am using windows on a laptop? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-and-power-icon/4d05a6fc-6511-45d5-a0dd-60cb87c7b740
  8. Power Icon

Power Icon: There are currently no power options available on my power icon on my windows 10 , I am unable to shut down using power icon on windows . Any fix ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-icon/cc9cc4eb-a585-4dc1-89b1-62345de3df7d
  9. Power icon unresponsive

Power icon unresponsive: Turn system icons on or off: the power icon is unresponsive; I cannot put in on. In the Community forum many people posted this same question but all of them are locked without an answer. Please could you help?...
  10. Power Icon

Power Icon: My power icon for seeing percentage of charge level disappeared from task bar. I've gone into settings/turn icons on/off. However in settings the selection mentioned is clicked for on, but will not highlight, is a light gray will not turn either on or off. Please help!!...