Windows 10: Power icon unavailable in TaskBar, Settings on/off toggle is grey

Discus and support Power icon unavailable in TaskBar, Settings on/off toggle is grey in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can't get my system icon for POWER (battery level) to show in Task Bar. and in Settings that option toggle is grey. Just tried internal Help, to no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnHunt8, Jan 6, 2019.

1. JohnHunt8 Win User

Power icon unavailable in TaskBar, Settings on/off toggle is grey

I can't get my system icon for POWER (battery level) to show in Task Bar. and in Settings that option toggle is grey. Just tried internal Help, to no avail. Inspiron 15 3567, Windows 10 Home.

:)

JohnHunt8, Jan 6, 2019
  2. JohnHunt8 Win User

I can't get my system icon for POWER (battery level) to show in Task Bar. and in Settings that option toggle is grey. Just tried internal Help, to no avail. Inspiron 15 3567, Windows 10 Home.

JohnHunt8, Jan 10, 2020
  3. cloomis79 Win User
    Battery/Power icon in taskbar not displaying / System Icon greyed out

I recently upgraded my Gateway laptop to Windows 10 from Windows 7. The battery/power icon in the taskbar randomly does not display. I've verified that the Power setting in the Turn System Icons On or Off screen is set to On. However, when the icon does
    not display, this setting is greyed out, so I couldn't even toggle it on/off to see if that would make the icon appear. I've not found anything in particular that makes the icon appear (or disappear for that matter).

My account is set up as an administrator, which I've read may have some control over accessing certain system icon settings. So I'm not sure why this setting is sometimes greyed out.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what may cause the battery/power icon to not display in the taskbar and/or why this system icon setting is greyed out?

Thanks in advance.

cloomis79, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Power icon unavailable in TaskBar, Settings on/off toggle is grey

windows 10 power icon

Hi ambermitchell2..

Select Start > Settings > Personalization > Taskbar, and then scroll down to the notification area. Choose Select which icons appear on the taskbar, and then turn on the Power toggle. (Note: The Power toggle is not visible on a system such as a desktop PC that
    doesn't use battery power.) If you still don't see the battery icon, select Show hidden icons on the taskbar, and then select the battery icon.

On a device that uses battery power, if you select Start > Settings > Personalization > Taskbar and the Power toggle is greyed out or not visible, in the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, and then select Device Manager in the list of results.
    Under Batteries, right-click the battery for your device, select Disable, and select Yes. Wait a few seconds, and then right-click the battery and select Enable. Then restart your device.

If you select Start > Settings > Personalization > Taskbar and turn on the Power toggle, but the battery icon does not appear on the taskbar, in the search box on the taskbar, type task manager, and then select Task Manager in the list of results. On the Processes
    tab under Name, right-click Explorer, and then select Restart.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/402734...

vanshitavanshita, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Power icon unavailable in TaskBar, Settings on/off toggle is grey - Similar Threads - Power icon unavailable

2. Bluetooth toggle in taskbar greys out .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth toggle in taskbar greys out .: Bluetooth toggle in taskbar greys out when turned off then on while the Bluetooth headset is always on and shows being connected but no audio output.I've already tried troubleshooting, reinstalling the driver , updating everything, reinstalling the software and running DISM...
  3. Bluetooth toggle in taskbar greys out .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth toggle in taskbar greys out .: Bluetooth toggle in taskbar greys out when turned off then on while the Bluetooth headset is always on and shows being connected but no audio output.I've already tried troubleshooting, reinstalling the driver , updating everything, reinstalling the software and running DISM...
  4. My power toggle is greyed out and there is no battery icon.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My power toggle is greyed out and there is no battery icon.: I got this secondhand Microsoft computer and it's never had the battery icon. I went onto taskbar and found that the power toggle is on but is greyed out. I have fixed corrupt files but that did nothing. There is also nothing on the device manager to do with batteries either....
  5. My power toggle is greyed out and there is no battery icon.

My power toggle is greyed out and there is no battery icon.: I got this secondhand Microsoft computer and it's never had the battery icon. I went onto taskbar and found that the power toggle is on but is greyed out. I have fixed corrupt files but that did nothing. There is also nothing on the device manager to do with batteries either....
  6. My power toggle is greyed out and there is no battery icon.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. power icon toggle is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    power icon toggle is greyed out: I checked my battery icon and it's showing off. When I check on the settings to turn it on, the toggle is greyed out and cannot turn it back on. Restarting will fix it, but will happen again eventually. I need permanent fix. Thankyou....
  8. power icon toggle is greyed out

power icon toggle is greyed out: I checked my battery icon and it's showing off. When I check on the settings to turn it on, the toggle is greyed out and cannot turn it back on. Restarting will fix it, but will happen again eventually. I need permanent fix. Thankyou....
  9. power icon toggle is greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. In "Select which icons appear on the taskbar", the Volume toggle keeps toggling to OFF in...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    In "Select which icons appear on the taskbar", the Volume toggle keeps toggling to OFF in...: Every time I right click in notifications area > Settings >Select which icons appear on the taskbar, then toggle volume to ON, it switches back to OFF after a few days. I couldn't find any questions on this, and all the results show how to turn it to ON, but my problem is...