Windows 10: Power indicator

Discus and support Power indicator in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello! My laptop has a problem. The power indicator stays on when laptop is off but is off when laptop is on.Is there some kind of software issue?Kind... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Didzis Mellis, Aug 4, 2021.

1. Power indicator

Hello! My laptop has a problem. The power indicator stays on when laptop is off but is off when laptop is on.Is there some kind of software issue?Kind regards,Didzis

:)

Didzis Mellis, Aug 4, 2021

2. probldems with power

Hi,

Your concern about your laptop turning off completely when placed on sleep mode may indicate a possible improper power plan configuration. As an initial step to rule out any power settings issues, we suggest that you reset the settings to default. To do
    this, follow the steps below:

• Type cmd in the search box.
    • Right clickCommand Prompt from the list, and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Type or copy and paste the command below:

powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Wait for the command to finish and restart the device if prompted.

Once you're done, check if the issue persists.

Darwin Dim, Aug 4, 2021
  3. Power indicator light

Hi Carol,

Light indicator depends on the manufacturer of your device. For better assistance, we'll be needing additional information:

• Can you tell us if you're pertaining on the power light of your monitor or system unit?
    • Are you experiencing any issues on your computer while the power light is orange?

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Aug 4, 2021
  4. Power indicator

Battery Indicator

Hi Mike,

There are several reasons why you are having issues charging the computer's battery. Having said that, we will be doing some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this issue. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the battery indicator?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you tried using a different power adapter? if so, did you experience the same issue?
    • Have you tried connecting your power adapter to a different power outlet?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform a power troubleshooter on the computer. Here's how:

• Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Next to the View by: option, select Small icons.
    • Go to Troubleshooting.
    • Choose System and Security.
    • Click on Power.
    • Follow the on-screen prompt.

Once done, kindly check if you will still experience the same issue.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Desiree Yau, Aug 4, 2021
Thema:

Power indicator

1. Power indicator - Similar Threads - Power indicator

2. How to solve if my laptop is not coming up but showing indicator light in power button...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve if my laptop is not coming up but showing indicator light in power button...: How to solve if my laptop is not coming up but showing indicator light in power button without power on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-solve-if-my-laptop-is-not-coming-up-but/3dcb66a5-85a7-4075-91ec-a83985573c56
  3. How to solve if my laptop is not coming up but showing indicator light in power button...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to solve if my laptop is not coming up but showing indicator light in power button...: How to solve if my laptop is not coming up but showing indicator light in power button without power on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-solve-if-my-laptop-is-not-coming-up-but/3dcb66a5-85a7-4075-91ec-a83985573c56
  4. How to solve if my laptop is not coming up but showing indicator light in power button...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB HID Power Device indication issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB HID Power Device indication issue: We would like to make a UPS as a USB HID Power Device which contains 4 batteries. At first I made a simple device that reports the average charge of all 4 batteries to the host. When I connect the device to my computer running Windows 10, I can see a battery icon in the tray...
  6. USB HID Power Device indication issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB HID Power Device indication issue: We would like to make a UPS as a USB HID Power Device which contains 4 batteries. At first I made a simple device that reports the average charge of all 4 batteries to the host. When I connect the device to my computer running Windows 10, I can see a battery icon in the tray...
  7. USB HID Power Device indication issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows update inacessible laptop at all, no indication of power

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update inacessible laptop at all, no indication of power: Last week a guy name Greg Carmac work on my computer , he is sending very lengthy response in which I find it trash, he is sending a tons of links which are not helpful ,I can tell he is just copy and pasting responses, so i decided to send another request to here , i...
  9. Battery power indicator missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery power indicator missing: Yet another advanced miracle - this time the battery power indicator is gone. If I messed up like this at my work I would have a very unpleasant conversation and maybe have to go. The same should apply to bugware makers....
  10. Laptop power indicator keeps staying off even when laptop is on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop power indicator keeps staying off even when laptop is on: So i have a NEC VersaPro VX-F business laptop running windows 7. Its refurbished but i havent used it that much.[IMG] I upgraded it to Windows 10 due to end of support around a month ago and it was fine until a few days ago I noticed that the power indicator keeps staying off...