Windows 10: Power Indicatr Light Keeps Blinking In AC Power.

Discus and support Power Indicatr Light Keeps Blinking In AC Power. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; why does it keep blinking and doesn't know that it is connected to ac power? ***Changed Original Title From: power indicator light***... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by scottieskibble, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Power Indicatr Light Keeps Blinking In AC Power.

why does it keep blinking and doesn't know that it is connected to ac power?

***Changed Original Title From: power indicator light***

:)

scottieskibble, Jul 2, 2019
  2. BunnyJ Win User

Power Light blinks before Shutting Down

I thought the same thing. My PC does that.. red light blinks until it's fully shut down.

BunnyJ, Jul 2, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    Blinking Yellow Start/ Power On Button

I assume this is the Dell Dimension E521 you show in your "My Computer".
    The blinking power button and that you have to unplug the power to get it working suggests a power supply problem. Could be the motherboard or some component causing it but most likely the power supply.

Power supplies have an internal "electronic" circuit breaker, called a "crowbar" circuit and if the power supply "crowbars" you have to remove AC input power for a short period to get it to reset. Considering the age of the E521 (I used to have an E510) I would first suspect the power supply. The power supply is a standard ATX style power supply, not a Dell proprietary so finding one should not be problem. I would say at least a 400 watt and a "modular" would be best as it eliminates having to stuff all the unused power cables in the case.

UPDATE: I did some checking on the Dell forum and every instance of a flashing power light turned out to be power supply.

fireberd, Jul 2, 2019
  4. ajaye Win User

Power Indicatr Light Keeps Blinking In AC Power.

laptop's ac power keeps turning off

Hi,

My laptop's battery is no good so I always use the laptop on ac power. It was working fine last night but today it keeps shutting down after a minute or so. I've just noticed the battery icon will start off showing the power plug next to it but then the plug disappears... if I disconnect the power lead and reinsert it, I will get the plug showing again but only momentarily.

Wondering what my first steps should be... is it possible it's a setting or software problem rather than the power unit/cord itself?

(am using trusty old--if loud--laptop at the moment)

thanks in advance.

ajaye, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Power Indicatr Light Keeps Blinking In AC Power.

1. Power Indicatr Light Keeps Blinking In AC Power. - Similar Threads - Power Indicatr Light

2. Why is the power button blinking light

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the power button blinking light: The power button on my laptop keeps blinking and I'm getting no power however I haven't plugged into the charger and it is indicating that it is charged and the power light on the other side of the laptop is also on indicating that there should be power but Getting atype of...
  3. Why is the power button blinking light

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the power button blinking light: The power button on my laptop keeps blinking and I'm getting no power however I haven't plugged into the charger and it is indicating that it is charged and the power light on the other side of the laptop is also on indicating that there should be power but Getting atype of...
  4. Laptop AC Power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop AC Power: Should I always use AC power on laptop when it is available or drain battery , discharge it for sometime ?There are these in my laptop manual.- Use AC power whenever possible, reserving battery for mobile use.- Excessive recharging decreases the battery life....
  5. Laptop AC Power

Laptop AC Power: Should I always use AC power on laptop when it is available or drain battery , discharge it for sometime ?There are these in my laptop manual.- Use AC power whenever possible, reserving battery for mobile use.- Excessive recharging decreases the battery life....
  6. AC power light is off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AC power light is off: HI ihave a question,in my laptop Toshiba Satllite,model P55-A5312 The AC Power Liht is off,butt the laptop is working ok,how can i fix the ACpower light be on when i turn on my laptop?...
  7. AC power light is off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AC power light is off: HI ihave a question,in my laptop Toshiba Satllite,model P55-A5312 The AC Power Liht is off,butt the laptop is working ok,how can i fix the ACpower light be on when i turn on my laptop?...
  8. AC power light is off

9. Power Indicator Light Keeps Blinking In AC Power.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power Indicator Light Keeps Blinking In AC Power.: why does it keep blinking and doesn't know that it is connected to ac power? ***Changed Original Title From: power indicator light*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-indicator-light-keeps-blinking-in-ac-power/1623ccfa-64ae-4bbd-b26e-701842a5b1e9
  10. Power Light blinks before Shutting Down

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Light blinks before Shutting Down: When I sign out of my user profile on my 2 Acer laptops and then click shut down, the computer goes black indicating that it is shutting down. However, the power light blinks until it shuts down completely. I don't know if it's a hardware issue or what but when hibernation is...