Windows 10: power issues

Discus and support power issues in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; has anyone else had power management problems since installing windows 10? I have talked to Microsoft 5 times and they can't get their head on their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SusanBeeman, Jan 21, 2021.

1. power issues

has anyone else had power management problems since installing windows 10? I have talked to Microsoft 5 times and they can't get their head on their shoulders to figure it out. They have stood me up on 2 second tier technical support calls. My PC won't wake from sleep or hibernate so I am constantly turning it off and back on so I can work

:)

SusanBeeman, Jan 21, 2021

2. power issue

Hello,

Most of the time, this issue is caused by external devices that are possibly keeping the PC active which then results in the screen/display not turning off even after you've set the power settings. Try disconnecting any external devices, usually gaming devices,
    and check if the issue persists.

We also suggest running the Power troubleshooter to automatically troubleshoot any power issue. Just follow the steps below:

• Click on Search/Cortana, and then type Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 power issue

Hi Adithyaram,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps bellow and check if it helps

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Power troubleshooter

Method 2: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website. Both Display
    driver and Audio drivers.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Johan45 Win User

power issues

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

power issues

1. power issues - Similar Threads - power issues

2. USB Power Issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB Power Issues in Windows 10: Hi I hope you can help as this is now driving me nuts! I have an admittedly old audio interface. It's an M-Audio M-Track MK II USB audio interface. Every time I bootup my PC the device powers on. However, as start-up gets past the bios stage and windows starts to load,...
  3. laptop crashing daily - Kernel Power Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop crashing daily - Kernel Power Issue: I saw this same question asked in the community but it was closed for further discussion and wasn't fully resolved. Some kind soul indicated the minidump files would help to figure out the problem so I have that at the end link to OneDrive as that post recommended. This is...
  4. Laptop crashing - sleep/power issue? Please help!!

Laptop crashing - sleep/power issue? Please help!!: My laptop in the last few days has started crashing when entering or coming out of sleep. Not sure about the exact details, just know that I leave it alone for an extended period of time, come back to it and it has crashed and is stuck at the bios/windows splash screen. I...
  5. Bugcheck 0x0000007e, BSOD, and Event ID 41 (63) Kernel-Power issue

Bugcheck 0x0000007e, BSOD, and Event ID 41 (63) Kernel-Power issue: Hi, all. My Windows Version number is 20H2 (OS Build 19042.746). V2 Log Collector output is attached. I'm running into a seemingly random, yet consistent, BSOD issue that seems to be the result of a bugcheck. The most recent error I've received is: The computer has...
  6. Help! Power Driver State Failure Bug Check Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help! Power Driver State Failure Bug Check Issue: Hello, I keep getting this bug check error on my computer running Windows 10. This bug check will usually occur in the early AM hours and always when it's in sleep mode. This started occurring after I downloaded the 20H2 update back in November. I've been working with...
  7. Windows 10 Mail causing power issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail causing power issues: I have a new system straight out of the box but completely up to date, I have one major issue in the mail app stalls the system with the power usage going through the roof and the cooling fan nearly taking off. Why would it do this on only this app?...
  8. Random power down or auto wake-up and start restart loop issue after window update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random power down or auto wake-up and start restart loop issue after window update: Hi, After I updated widows 10 using windows update function, my system because very unstable - restart loop a few times and no post after that. The pc power button is no longer working until I cut the power and drain the power completely. The symptom starts with random...
  9. Kernel-Power issues

Kernel-Power issues: I have been having regular BSOD and been trying to fix this issue for a while. I am hoping to get some assistance to get this resolved as its preventing me from being able to work on projects I need to get taken care of. I have done many hotfix attempts but I have no more...
  10. Kernel Power Event 41 Issue

Kernel Power Event 41 Issue: Hi, I am experiencing this problem frequently, here's the event property crash log for your review. Your assistance is greatly appreciated and please let me know if you need any other information to assist resolving this issue. Log Name: System Source:...