Windows 10: Power Issues

Discus and support Power Issues in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; For some reason I am unable to shut down or reset my computer through the power options menu. All that it tells me, is that there are no power options... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BrandonSilva4, May 16, 2021.

1. Power Issues

For some reason I am unable to shut down or reset my computer through the power options menu. All that it tells me, is that there are no power options available, how can I fix this?

:)

BrandonSilva4, May 16, 2021

2. power issue

Hello,

Most of the time, this issue is caused by external devices that are possibly keeping the PC active which then results in the screen/display not turning off even after you've set the power settings. Try disconnecting any external devices, usually gaming devices,
    and check if the issue persists.

We also suggest running the Power troubleshooter to automatically troubleshoot any power issue. Just follow the steps below:

• Click on Search/Cortana, and then type Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, May 16, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 power issue

Hi Adithyaram,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps bellow and check if it helps

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Power troubleshooter

Method 2: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website. Both Display
    driver and Audio drivers.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 16, 2021
  4. Johan45 Win User

Power Issues

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 16, 2021
Thema:

Power Issues

1. Power Issues - Similar Threads - Power Issues

2. Power ON/OFF/SLEEP mode issues related to Microsoft App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power ON/OFF/SLEEP mode issues related to Microsoft App: The power ON/OFF switch stops working intermittently when the computer off, not responding to the monitor.Lenovo 510A-15ABR Desktop – system model: 90GU0006USI was told by an IT close friend that this issue might not be a hardware issue at all, since I took it to a local IT...
  3. Driver issues after power outage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver issues after power outage: I have been having massive issues with my computer since there was a power outage at my college dorm. It seems to be an issue with almost every driver not running correctly.My internet has gone out and it says “not connected to any networks”. Any mouse that I plug in does not...
  4. Power Button and Alt f4 issue - "There are currently no options available"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Button and Alt f4 issue - "There are currently no options available": My Pc is connected to a private network and this problem started only after I installed SAFE EXAM BROWSER http://safeexambrowser.org/download_en.html on my PC . Upon installing the task manager got disabled and I could no longer shut down the computer in normal mode. I had to...
  5. Kernel Power Event 41 HARDWARE ISSUE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel Power Event 41 HARDWARE ISSUE: Hi all, for some reason when I launch some steam games, my PC powers off without a blue screen within 5 minutes of launching the game. A couple games I've noted this are Kovaaks, CS:GO, and some games that DON'T crash are No Man's Sky. Rainbow Six, and Dying Light. I know...
  6. Kernel-Power 41 Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel-Power 41 Issue: Hi,I am having an issue with my PC where it will randomly restart. In the event viewer, it is listed as a Kernel-Power 41 Critical Error. I will attach a screenshot of the event viewer page. My PC specs are:-CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT-GPU: EVGA NVIDIA RTX 2060 Super SC...
  7. Computer shuts down i check power settings and said no issues?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer shuts down i check power settings and said no issues?: Computer shuts down could it be battery in the tower? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shuts-down-i-check-power-settings-and/d130b218-2a73-491f-829c-43f904d1d094
  8. High DPI Scaling Issue with Power BI Desktop

High DPI Scaling Issue with Power BI Desktop: I've started experiencing a high DPI scaling issue for the past two months with just one app on Windows 10 20H2, which ironically is developed by Microsoft: Power BI Desktop. I have HP Elitebook 840 G3 laptop connected to Eizo monitor with 2560x1440 resolution and 150%...
  9. I keep getting this issue and IDK how to fix it. It appears after I power on my PC. I exit...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I keep getting this issue and IDK how to fix it. It appears after I power on my PC. I exit...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LostHominoid [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mgm47v/i_keep_getting_this_issue_and_idk_how_to_fix_it/
  10. Kernel-Power 41 63 issue

Kernel-Power 41 63 issue: Hello, I've been having an issue for a few months now with my computer blue-screening, completely rebooting without a blue-screen, and a few other things. In November, I replaced my GPU and as a result also replaced everything in my computer except for the PSU and Storage...