Windows 10: Power light blinking blue instead of solid orange when in sleep mode

Discus and support Power light blinking blue instead of solid orange when in sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a 10 year old HP Pavilion desktop that was just refurbished. When I put the computer in sleep mode, the power button now blinks blue, instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by smithdrumm, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Power light blinking blue instead of solid orange when in sleep mode

I have a 10 year old HP Pavilion desktop that was just refurbished. When I put the computer in sleep mode, the power button now blinks blue, instead of solid orange, which is the way it used to be. I would like to change it back to solid orange when in sleep mode. Is there any way to correct this? Please help!

:)

smithdrumm, Sep 1, 2017
  2. RickUM Win User

Windows 10 black screen, shuts down during boot

What works for me is when the computer screen goes black, put it in the sleep mode by hitting Fn + F4. This changes the power light from blue to blinking orange. Then hit the touchpad, and the logon screen comes on like it's supposed to.

RickUM, Sep 1, 2017
  3. 6280---01 Win User
    Nokia N73 light sensor don't light.

If it doesn't flash blue anymore that probably means you have turned sleep mode off the blue light only blinks when you put it into sleep mode on, if it's on sleep mode and the blue light doesn't blink that's a bonus because my brothers says hes n73 is
    bothering him at night.

6280---01, Sep 1, 2017
  4. Wynona Win User

Power light blinking blue instead of solid orange when in sleep mode

Several things come to mind:

Did you change the motherboard, power supply, case, or anything else? I have an HP Pavilion 500-056. I've changed sleep options to go to sleep after one minute of inactivity. I'll be back in a few to tell you what "color" sleep is.

Wynona, Sep 2, 2017
  5. Wynona Win User
    Oh, BTW, welcome to TenForums, Smith.

Wynona, Sep 2, 2017
  6. Wynona Win User
    I'm back. My light is solid white when the computer's being used and a flashing white light when the computer's sleeping.

Also, you might check to see if the bulb for your power button has been changed.

Wynona, Sep 2, 2017
  7. Fafhrd Win User
    Wynona's probably right - the power button may have been replaced with a more modern blue LED indicator lamp during the refurb, rather than the older orange type - which are possibly hard to come by today.

Failing getting an original replacement power button, the only solution I can think of is a plastic "cap" for the button which contains an orange phosphor - which will glow (fluoresce) orange when illuminated with the short wavelength blue emission from the LED. I imagine acrylic sheet is produced with day-glo fluorescent orange pigments, easily cut into a disk and polished to give a domed cap for a button.

As a relevant aside, most LEDs in production today - whatever their output colour, are constructed as blue LEDs, coated with phosphors that change the output colour from blue to white (warm or cold), greens from cool bluish minty greens to yellower lime greens, yellows, oranges, reds, and magentas - all the colours of your Christmas lights.

Electronically, different native colour-emitting LEDs - reds, oranges, yellows, greens, blues and violets all have slightly different voltage/current requirements, so designing circuits for these were more complicated than the modern blue + coloured phosphor lamps which have a single voltage/current requirement.

Fafhrd, Sep 2, 2017
  8. Wynona Win User

Very interesting, Fafhrd. Thanks for the explanation.

Wynona, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Power light blinking blue instead of solid orange when in sleep mode - Similar Threads - Power light blinking

2. Why is my disk active light blinking while in sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my disk active light blinking while in sleep mode?: My PC normally uses ~70 watts at idle. When I place it into sleep mode, it normally goes down to 0 watts. But sometimes, I come back to find that it is back to 125 watts by itself and the hard drive light is blinking. I turn on the monitor and there is no signal, so the OS is...
  3. Why is my disk active light blinking while in sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my disk active light blinking while in sleep mode?: My PC normally uses ~70 watts at idle. When I place it into sleep mode, it normally goes down to 0 watts. But sometimes, I come back to find that it is back to 125 watts by itself and the hard drive light is blinking. I turn on the monitor and there is no signal, so the OS is...
  4. Why is my disk active light blinking while in sleep mode?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Battery is at 100% but indicator light is blinking orange

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery is at 100% but indicator light is blinking orange: Hi there, hello!I have the following problem: My Laptop tells me the battery is fully charged 100%, but the indicator light is blinking orange, as if the battery was very low. The laptop is plugged in the whole time. As soon as I unplug the charger, the laptop immediately...
  6. Battery is at 100% but indicator light is blinking orange

Battery is at 100% but indicator light is blinking orange: Hi there, hello!I have the following problem: My Laptop tells me the battery is fully charged 100%, but the indicator light is blinking orange, as if the battery was very low. The laptop is plugged in the whole time. As soon as I unplug the charger, the laptop immediately...
  7. Why is the power button blinking light

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the power button blinking light: The power button on my laptop keeps blinking and I'm getting no power however I haven't plugged into the charger and it is indicating that it is charged and the power light on the other side of the laptop is also on indicating that there should be power but Getting atype of...
  8. Why is the power button blinking light

Why is the power button blinking light: The power button on my laptop keeps blinking and I'm getting no power however I haven't plugged into the charger and it is indicating that it is charged and the power light on the other side of the laptop is also on indicating that there should be power but Getting atype of...
  9. Disable "Blinking" Light When Powering Down Computer Into Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable "Blinking" Light When Powering Down Computer Into Sleep Mode: Hello. So for the longest time ever, I customized a method to whenever I want to power down my computer and then start it back up again, it would reload everything that's already open. When I run this little custom "script", it enables Hibernate mode (where Windows creates...
  10. Solid Orange Light -Ethernet Connected but no Internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Solid Orange Light -Ethernet Connected but no Internet: My PC is having serious connection probs. My little usb WiFi adapter has been predictably a bit shit. It’s now stopped disconnecting from my WiFi but when it does connect comes up as no internet connection under the network Well, I thought. I’ll buy a new card in a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. flashing light then solid during sleep mode