Windows 10: Power Light blinks before Shutting Down

Discus and support Power Light blinks before Shutting Down in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I sign out of my user profile on my 2 Acer laptops and then click shut down, the computer goes black indicating that it is shutting down. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jesse Williams, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Power Light blinks before Shutting Down

When I sign out of my user profile on my 2 Acer laptops and then click shut down, the computer goes black indicating that it is shutting down. However, the power light blinks until it shuts down completely. I don't know if it's a hardware issue or what but when hibernation is disabled, it tells you its shutting down and the power light doesn't blink (instead it shuts down normally). This is not a UEFI BIOS, it is a Legacy BIOS therefore it doesn't have the option to enable or to disable fast startup. This occurs on my Acer Aspire 5250 and Acer Aspire 5749 laptops. My Acer desktop doesn't do this, but it has a UEFI BIOS.

Can anyone understand what I am saying?

Also, if someone understands can they please help me with this issue?

:)

Jesse Williams, Jan 20, 2016

2. Battery problem not getting fully charged (Envy 15)

My laptop get shut down while the battery icon shows 30% remaining( I have checked it out just before it get auto shut down) but when I press the power button light indicator shown "White light blinking i.e no power".

And most important things are...

1- When I am going to charge my laptop it doesn't 100% charged, it's just stuck on 99% charging, I have given it to at least an hour to 100% charge, but it is still stuck on 99% ( Battery indication is yellow light i.e charging).

2- It is always shut down on 30% charging but when pressing the power button indication is "White light".

3- Charging speed very fast up to 60% than usual( I have noticed it).

I have been facing such problem for 2 month.

EngrMohsinRana, Jan 20, 2016
  3. Battery Problem { hp envy 15}

My laptop get shut down while the battery icon shows 30% remaining( I have checked it out just before it get auto shut down) but when I press the power button light indicator shown "White light blinking i.e no power".

And most important things are...

1- When I am going to charge my laptop it doesn't 100% charged, it's just stuck on 99% charging, I have given it to at least an hour to 100% charge, but it is still stuck on 99% ( Battery indication is yellow light i.e charging).

2- It is always shut down on 30% charging but when pressing the power button indication is "White light".

3- Charging speed very fast up to 60% than usual( I have noticed it).

I have been facing such problem for 2 month.

EngrMohsinRana, Jan 20, 2016
  4. Power Light blinks before Shutting Down

It could also be the chipset driver. Although, I don't know what version chipset I have.

5. CountMike New Member
    Are you maybe doing Hybrid Shutdown ?
    Run this: %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -s -f -t 00 or make a shortcut with that line in Target.

CountMike, Jan 20, 2016
  6. CountMike, don't you have to have a UEFI BIOS to have Hybrid Shutdown?

7. CountMike New Member
    Looks like you don't. I don't have UEFI either and it works.

CountMike, Jan 20, 2016
  8. swarfega Win User

Power Light blinks before Shutting Down

I thought it was normal for the activity light to continue to blink until its actually off as its doing the shutdown sequence. Also you don't need to sign out before shutting down. Just one less step to do *Biggrin

swarfega, Jan 20, 2016
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    I thought the same thing. My PC does that.. red light blinks until it's fully shut down.

BunnyJ, Jan 20, 2016
  10. topgundcp Win User
    It is normal and are you sure if it's power light instead of HD light is blinking. During shutdown, anything in cache would be written back to disk causing the disk activity light blinking. In addition, the system also kills all the background processes, unload DLL's etc...

You can tweak the registry a little bit to speed up startup & shutdown.
    Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon] "AutoRestartShell"=dword:00000001 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer] "NoLowDiskSpaceChecks"=dword:00000001 "LinkResolveIgnoreLinkInfo"=dword:00000001 "NoResolveSearch"=dword:00000001 "NoResolveTrack"=dword:00000001 "NoInternetOpenWith"=dword:00000001 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control] "WaitToKillServiceTimeout"="1000" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer] "AlwaysUnloadDll"=dword:00000001 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Serialize] "Startupdelayinmsec"=dword:00000000 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop] "ForegroundLockTimeout"=dword:00000000[/quote]

topgundcp, Jan 20, 2016
  11. Well my desktop doesn't do it. So, I figured it wasn't normal.

12. Okay. That fixed it CountMike. Thanks for that suggestion. The only problem now is that when it boots up, it repeats the spinning circle sequence. Let me explain. When I turn it on, it has those spinning circles after the Acer splash screen. But, the spinning circle sequence repeats itself as if it is not ready to go to the lock screen yet.

13. Power Light blinks before Shutting Down

[/quote] Thanks topgundcp. I will try that to speed up the process. I have noticed a big performance decrease since upgrading my personal computer to Windows 10 which is the Acer Aspire 5250.

14. Count Mike, after tweaking the registry like what topgundcp said to do. It somehow disabled the hybrid shutdown. I don't know. But when I put in what you said to do, it shut down normally.

15. Correct .. that's the norm for me when I shutdown

Atomcrusher, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Power Light blinks before Shutting Down

1. Power Light blinks before Shutting Down - Similar Threads - Power Light blinks

2. Battery white light always blinking except when I shut down.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery white light always blinking except when I shut down.: I just got my new ASUS laptop for only 5 days.The first 2 days was normal but now, the white light near light blub icon won't stop blinking.The only time it stops is when I shut it down.I have put the laptop to SLEEP and currently charging it. There is a still orange light...
  3. Battery white light always blinking except when I shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery white light always blinking except when I shut down.: I just got my new ASUS laptop for only 5 days.The first 2 days was normal but now, the white light near light blub icon won't stop blinking.The only time it stops is when I shut it down.I have put the laptop to SLEEP and currently charging it. There is a still orange light...
  4. Why is the power button blinking light

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the power button blinking light: The power button on my laptop keeps blinking and I'm getting no power however I haven't plugged into the charger and it is indicating that it is charged and the power light on the other side of the laptop is also on indicating that there should be power but Getting atype of...
  5. Why is the power button blinking light

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the power button blinking light: The power button on my laptop keeps blinking and I'm getting no power however I haven't plugged into the charger and it is indicating that it is charged and the power light on the other side of the laptop is also on indicating that there should be power but Getting atype of...
  6. computer randomly shutting down and power button blinking?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer randomly shutting down and power button blinking?: I just got my fans replaced and I went on my PC to play some games. Everytime I open a game and let it run for a couple of minutes, my whole computer turns off. I updated NVIDIA too. My battery even though plugged in, has an x on it and it doesnt show up on the bar either....
  7. computer randomly shutting down and power button blinking?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer randomly shutting down and power button blinking?: I just got my fans replaced and I went on my PC to play some games. Everytime I open a game and let it run for a couple of minutes, my whole computer turns off. I updated NVIDIA too. My battery even though plugged in, has an x on it and it doesnt show up on the bar either....
  8. Disable "Blinking" Light When Powering Down Computer Into Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable "Blinking" Light When Powering Down Computer Into Sleep Mode: Hello. So for the longest time ever, I customized a method to whenever I want to power down my computer and then start it back up again, it would reload everything that's already open. When I run this little custom "script", it enables Hibernate mode (where Windows creates...
  9. Power Indicator Light Keeps Blinking In AC Power.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power Indicator Light Keeps Blinking In AC Power.: why does it keep blinking and doesn't know that it is connected to ac power? ***Changed Original Title From: power indicator light*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-indicator-light-keeps-blinking-in-ac-power/1623ccfa-64ae-4bbd-b26e-701842a5b1e9
  10. Power Indicatr Light Keeps Blinking In AC Power.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power Indicatr Light Keeps Blinking In AC Power.: why does it keep blinking and doesn't know that it is connected to ac power? ***Changed Original Title From: power indicator light*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-indicatr-light-keeps-blinking-in-ac-power/1623ccfa-64ae-4bbd-b26e-701842a5b1e9