Windows 10: Power Light remains on after turning off zenbook - windows11

Discus and support Power Light remains on after turning off zenbook - windows11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Help! Recently had trouble with bitlocker encryption turning itself on. Managed to fix this but now I'm presented with a PC I can't properly turn off.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SimonFayers, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Power Light remains on after turning off zenbook - windows11

Help! Recently had trouble with bitlocker encryption turning itself on. Managed to fix this but now I'm presented with a PC I can't properly turn off. I've checked for driver updates. I've run troubleshooter. I've disabled quick start up. No success. The PC appears to go into sleep mode when I click shut Down rather than actually shut down. Ideas?Thanks!Simon

:)

SimonFayers, Jan 14, 2022
  2. Sher Amo Win User

power light turns off and on

Hi,

This can be due to a hardware or a corrupted driver on your device.
    For us to identify the next step to take, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you experiencing any issues when playing Windows Media Player?
    • Can you describe to us what do you mean by power light turns off and on?
    • What is the build and version of Windows that you’re using? To check, type
      winver in the Search box and send us a screenshot of the information window.
    • Have you made any recent changes before you encountered this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Jan 14, 2022
  3. FZs.111 Win User
    Fan and power lights remain turned on after shutting down PC

When I turn off my computer, the screen goes back as normal, but the lights remain turned on and the fan doesn't stop.

If I hold down the power button for 5 seconds, it powers off, but I want to avoid doing so everytime.

I've read a lot of similar questions, but none of their answers solved my problem.

I've tried:

- Unchecking fast boot

- Running power troubleshooter

- Updating all drivers

- Doing a clean boot

But none of above solved the issue.

Thanks in advance, FZs

FZs.111, Jan 14, 2022
  4. Power Light remains on after turning off zenbook - windows11

Power light stays on after shutddown

Hi Godfrey,

Welcome and thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

• What is the make model of the Laptop?
    Initially, I suggest you to run the power troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

Power troubleshooter will automatically fix some common issues with Power Plans. It checks things like your computer's timeout settings, which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering sleep mode.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search box of task bar.

• Select Troubleshooting and click on
      System and Security

• Click on Power and follow the onscreen instructions.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

Power Light remains on after turning off zenbook - windows11

1. Power Light remains on after turning off zenbook - windows11 - Similar Threads - Power Light remains

2. ASUS Zenbook turns off after the new update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS Zenbook turns off after the new update: Hi there.My ASUS Zenbook had no power and then turned off. I just connected it to the power and it started functioning properly. And when it still was connected to charger it turned off. Near the charger port there is a red button that indicates that the decice is charging,...
  3. ASUS Zenbook turns off after the new update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS Zenbook turns off after the new update: Hi there.My ASUS Zenbook had no power and then turned off. I just connected it to the power and it started functioning properly. And when it still was connected to charger it turned off. Near the charger port there is a red button that indicates that the decice is charging,...
  4. Night light turning itself off after display turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night light turning itself off after display turn off: Hello, I'm having problems with Night light turning itself off after the display has turned itself off because of inactivity.Razer Blade 14- Windows 11 Home, everything up to date.Monitors: Dell S2721DGF connected via HDMI @144Hz, Dell P2421 connected via DP @60HzSteps to...
  5. Night light turning itself off after display turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Night light turning itself off after display turn off: Hello, I'm having problems with Night light turning itself off after the display has turned itself off because of inactivity.Razer Blade 14- Windows 11 Home, everything up to date.Monitors: Dell S2721DGF connected via HDMI @144Hz, Dell P2421 connected via DP @60HzSteps to...
  6. Power Light remains on after turning off zenbook - windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Light remains on after turning off zenbook - windows11: Help! Recently had trouble with bitlocker encryption turning itself on. Managed to fix this but now I'm presented with a PC I can't properly turn off. I've checked for driver updates. I've run troubleshooter. I've disabled quick start up. No success. The PC appears to go into...
  7. Night light turning itself off after display turn off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night light turning itself off after display turn off: Hello, I'm having problems with Night light turning itself off after the display has turned itself off because of inactivity. MOBO: Asus X570-F latest BIOS, tried older versions VGA: nVidia RTX2070 latest driver, tried older versions OS: Windows 10 Pro 20H2, fully updated....
  8. SSD drive light remains solid does not turn off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD drive light remains solid does not turn off: Another day, another format and restore, another problem with Windows 10. So now, what is causing my SSD drive access light to remain on, solid at all times yet there isn't any drive access?...
  9. Fan and power lights remain turned on after shutting down PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fan and power lights remain turned on after shutting down PC: When I turn off my computer, the screen goes back as normal, but the lights remain turned on and the fan doesn't stop. If I hold down the power button for 5 seconds, it powers off, but I want to avoid doing so everytime. I've read a lot of similar questions, but none of...
  10. Power Option for "Turning off display" remains at "15 minutes"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Power Option for "Turning off display" remains at "15 minutes": I am running Windows 10 Professional 64 bit. Whenever I set the option "Turn off the display" to "Never", it reverts back to the default "15 minutes". This is under the "High Performance" profile. I have never, since Windows 3.11, ever had a setting change itself back. I have...