Windows 10: Power light stays ON after shut down from Windows upgrade solution

Discus and support Power light stays ON after shut down from Windows upgrade solution in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; If you find the power light stays on after a Windows upgrade, these instructions will overcome it: Control Panel Device Manager scroll down to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TonyNelder, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Power light stays ON after shut down from Windows upgrade solution

If you find the power light stays on after a Windows upgrade, these instructions will overcome it:

Control Panel

Device Manager

scroll down to System Devices

scroll down to and right click Intel(R) Management Engine Interface > Properties

click tab Power Management

you should see an option that says "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

Make sure this option is NOT checked and if it is, un-check it and click OK.

Now when using shut down the light should go off

:)

TonyNelder, Aug 21, 2019

2. The light on the power button stays on even after shut down.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description, I understand that the light on the power button stays on even after shut down.

We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to various reasons:

• System not properly shut down or might be in sleep mode.

• Power cord connected to the device.

• Change in the settings.
    I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Did you make any recent changes to the settings?

• Does the CPU fan spins after the shutdown?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, (if you are using a laptop).

Unplug the charger from the lap top and check if the issue persists and also try to shut down from the lock screen.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run Power troubleshooter:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Power.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 21, 2019
  3. Power light stays on

After shutting down laptop the power light stays on. Windows 10

JohnMerrill1, Aug 21, 2019
  4. Power light stays ON after shut down from Windows upgrade solution

Power light stays on

even unplugged light stays on, however light does go out when shutting down on occasion. I took it to the techs at staples. They told me that it is in hibernation, and the tech did something to fix it which it did for the first several times I shut it
    down. It also seems the longer I have laptop on the more the light wil stay on when shutting down....

JohnMerrill1, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

Power light stays ON after shut down from Windows upgrade solution

1. Power light stays ON after shut down from Windows upgrade solution - Similar Threads - Power light stays

2. HELP, my PC stays powered up after shut down!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP, my PC stays powered up after shut down!: Hi all,Having a strange issue that has just started happening. When I press Windows, shut down. It goes through the usual windows shut down procedure and my monitor goes down but all my peripherals, lights and fans stay powered on. Have to just unplug at the moment to get my...
  3. Win 10 won’t stay shut down after power outage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 won’t stay shut down after power outage: Got an power outage 2 days ago and after that my PC wont shutdown. I only have 1 USB connected and I un plug the USB and try it still lights on the computer. I can't remember anything aside from the outage. Please someone help....
  4. Win 10 won’t stay shut down after power outage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 won’t stay shut down after power outage: Got an power outage 2 days ago and after that my PC wont shutdown. I only have 1 USB connected and I un plug the USB and try it still lights on the computer. I can't remember anything aside from the outage. Please someone help....
  5. Win 10 won’t stay shut down after power outage

Win 10 won’t stay shut down after power outage: Had a power outage over night while sleeping between Sept 10-11. I had everything but one USB hub plugged into one strip, the strip with just the Hub, it fried my hub. Now my PC won’t stay shut down, I shut it down and the light on the case flickers once and then it restarts....
  6. Computer Stays On After Windows Shuts Down

Computer Stays On After Windows Shuts Down: Recently, my computer no longer completely shuts down after using the Windows Start Menu / Power / Shut Down option. Windows shuts down, the screen goes blank but the computer stays on i.e. power light is on and fans are running. Here's what I've done so far to try to fix:...
  7. power problem laptop won't turn on after sleep or shut down lights power light stays on

power problem laptop won't turn on after sleep or shut down lights power light stays on: power lite and power button lite stay on after shutdown but windows doesn't shut down all the way. I have to press the reset button to get it going again I dont know what.s going on with this . HELP!!!...
  8. Fan and power lights remain turned on after shutting down PC

Fan and power lights remain turned on after shutting down PC: When I turn off my computer, the screen goes back as normal, but the lights remain turned on and the fan doesn't stop. If I hold down the power button for 5 seconds, it powers off, but I want to avoid doing so everytime. I've read a lot of similar questions, but none of...
  9. Light stays on after shutting down.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Light stays on after shutting down.: Hello there, My GTX Gaming G1 1070 and Corsair H100i v2 Liquid Cooler LED's stay on faintly even after turning off the computer. The GTX 1070 still fades in and out of different colours and the Liquid Cooler contains its white but faint light coming from the Corsair Logo....
  10. Power Light blinks before Shutting Down

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Light blinks before Shutting Down: When I sign out of my user profile on my 2 Acer laptops and then click shut down, the computer goes black indicating that it is shutting down. However, the power light blinks until it shuts down completely. I don't know if it's a hardware issue or what but when hibernation is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. light stays on when laptop shut down 2019