Windows 10: Power load on system...

Discus and support Power load on system... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am not certain, if this is the right forum, please move it if not... Question about the power utilization... The system is W10 v.1809: Desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Cr00zng, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Cr00zng Win User

Power load on system...

I am not certain, if this is the right forum, please move it if not...

Question about the power utilization...

The system is W10 v.1809:

Desktop tower with 5 x 120mm Noctua fans
    CPU: Intel i5 8400
    Memory:16GBs (4x4)
    Drives: 2 x Samsung 960 EVO m.2, Samsung SSD 850 EVO, DVD RW
    Video: GeForce GTX 1050
    Monitor: Samsung 40" LED TV (resolution: 3840 x 2160)

The system, monitor and an LED desk-lamp with USB charger are connected to CyberPower UPS. The average power usage is low:

Power load on system... [​IMG]

The monthly statistics for power usage, including the cost and CO2, is also rather low:

Power load on system... [​IMG]

The system pretty much only used for office purposes, unless the grandkids want to watch some online cartoons...

The previous system, with older CPU (Sandy Bridge), couple HDDs and different video card, etc., also used the same UPS. The power usage statistics for the older system were pretty much double, when compared to the current system.

Are the stats for the new system correct, or the CyberPower app isn't working well with Windows 10?

TIA...

:)

Cr00zng, Jul 7, 2019
  2. Frick Win User

help to choose power supply

It all depends on the rest of your systems. List system specs, although eidairaman's suggestion will work too.

Frick, Jul 7, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 7, 2019
  4. John Fer Win User

Power load on system...

Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

Power load on system...

1. Power load on system... - Similar Threads - Power load system

2. Operating system not loading properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Operating system not loading properly.: I am a user of Windows 11, whenever i log into my pc, the screen goes all black and nothing is accessible, only visible thing is the cursor. I can open the task manager using the shortcut. I have tried to fix it for a long time. I even reset the operating system but it...
  3. Operating system not loading properly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Operating system not loading properly.: I am a user of Windows 11, whenever i log into my pc, the screen goes all black and nothing is accessible, only visible thing is the cursor. I can open the task manager using the shortcut. I have tried to fix it for a long time. I even reset the operating system but it...
  4. in settings power battery contunious loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in settings power battery contunious loading: hello.power battery is not opening its often continuos loading https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-settings-power-battery-contunious-loading/0d297ec6-9d8b-4f7e-9321-a36b05958944
  5. in settings power battery contunious loading

in settings power battery contunious loading: hello.power battery is not opening its often continuos loading https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-settings-power-battery-contunious-loading/0d297ec6-9d8b-4f7e-9321-a36b05958944
  6. Settings: System>Power and battery in continuous loading Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings: System>Power and battery in continuous loading Windows 11: Hi to everyone,I've got some problems with the Power and battery settings. When I open this settings, what I see is the loading wheel on the upper left angle and anything else. The page remains at this state also for 20/30 mins or more. Sometimes when I restart the PC, the...
  7. Settings: System>Power and battery in continuous loading Windows 11

Settings: System>Power and battery in continuous loading Windows 11: Hi to everyone,I've got some problems with the Power and battery settings. When I open this settings, what I see is the loading wheel on the upper left angle and anything else. The page remains at this state also for 20/30 mins or more. Sometimes when I restart the PC, the...
  8. Loading Operating System

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loading Operating System: I am trying to install windows 10 off a USB. When I change the boot order to reflect the USB, I get stuck permanently at "Loading Operating System". I created this boot media just earlier today, from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 I...
  9. System Type Load Exception

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Type Load Exception: Keep getting a pop up that starts with "system.typeloadexception: could not load type 'DeviceManager.MemoryCardTypes' from assembly...". What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-type-load-exception/dd8eef6f-28f9-4558-8549-e3ee19b60179
  10. Power on twice to load W10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power on twice to load W10: I visit my son in the USA once in a while and about two years ago I upgraded his perfectly working W7 X64, 8Gb Desktop PC to W10. Despite all my efforts I could not get W10 to load unless I a) powered on and partway through the load it stops b) power off c) power on again and...