Windows 10: Power load on system...

Discus and support Power load on system... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am not certain, if this is the right forum, please move it if not... Question about the power utilization... The system is W10 v.1809: Desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Cr00zng, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Cr00zng Win User

Power load on system...

I am not certain, if this is the right forum, please move it if not...

Question about the power utilization...

The system is W10 v.1809:

Desktop tower with 5 x 120mm Noctua fans
    CPU: Intel i5 8400
    Memory:16GBs (4x4)
    Drives: 2 x Samsung 960 EVO m.2, Samsung SSD 850 EVO, DVD RW
    Video: GeForce GTX 1050
    Monitor: Samsung 40" LED TV (resolution: 3840 x 2160)

The system, monitor and an LED desk-lamp with USB charger are connected to CyberPower UPS. The average power usage is low:

Power load on system... [​IMG]

The monthly statistics for power usage, including the cost and CO2, is also rather low:

Power load on system... [​IMG]

The system pretty much only used for office purposes, unless the grandkids want to watch some online cartoons...

The previous system, with older CPU (Sandy Bridge), couple HDDs and different video card, etc., also used the same UPS. The power usage statistics for the older system were pretty much double, when compared to the current system.

Are the stats for the new system correct, or the CyberPower app isn't working well with Windows 10?

TIA...

:)

Cr00zng, Jul 7, 2019
  2. Frick Win User

help to choose power supply

It all depends on the rest of your systems. List system specs, although eidairaman's suggestion will work too.

Frick, Jul 7, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 7, 2019
  4. John Fer Win User

Power load on system...

Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

Power load on system...

1. Power load on system... - Similar Threads - Power load system

2. system restart when powering up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    system restart when powering up: Hello -- Since my last windows update on 8/15 I been having issue with my win10 system. It running win10 / 1903 (32bit) The update include KB4512508 and the the malware update -- I did restart and there was and issue and the system did some sort of repair ---...
  3. Power on twice to load W10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power on twice to load W10: I visit my son in the USA once in a while and about two years ago I upgraded his perfectly working W7 X64, 8Gb Desktop PC to W10. Despite all my efforts I could not get W10 to load unless I a) powered on and partway through the load it stops b) power off c) power on again and...
  4. System Error possibly on Power Down

System Error possibly on Power Down: My PC seems to take a very long time to switch off. Plus I am seeing an error on the screen just before it shutdown. So exploring Event Viewer to try and track down these errors. I see the following Error: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local...
  5. Kernel Power - system rebooting unexpectedly

Kernel Power - system rebooting unexpectedly: Hi! I have a problem with pc rebooting unexpectedly everytime I stop doing something that needs a lot of resources. For example everytime I play something (e.g. Rainbow Six Siege, F12018, GTA V) the game runs smoothly with no problem, but when I return to the games menu or...
  6. Slow load time in system and in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow load time in system and in games: Hi So i have a problem that my pc is slow to load things in system and maps in games. Very rare it works normally but almost always slow. I need help. Pc is pretty new i want to add. Here are my pc specs: Mobo: gigabyte b360m ds3h cpu: i3 8100 gpu: msi gtx 1050ti psu: 600w...
  7. System Freezes While Under Load

System Freezes While Under Load: (This isn't a BSOD situation, but I can't find a forum section for system freezes) I have an i7-5820K overclocked to 4.2GHz as well as two GTX 980s in SLI. Occasionally while gaming, the system will lock up and will not respond until I shut down the computer either by...
  8. Powered USB HDD - vs Self powered USB -- load on computer ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Powered USB HDD - vs Self powered USB -- load on computer ?: Hi there Intuitively one might think using Powered (from the mains) external USB HDD's would require more power from the computer as well compared with those small self powered units. I've no way to measure this but I'm sure the small units might consume MORE power as...
  9. WiFi takes time to load from power on or sleep.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi takes time to load from power on or sleep.: Hello When I turn on my computer from off or wake it up from sleep. My WiFi takes time for it to "connect". Afterwards, it works fine. Is there anything I can do to fix this. Thanks in advance 105615
  10. Slow load,system hang

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow load,system hang: Having problems on my W10 desktop PC. Booting up the system was hanging at login screen after entering in my p/w. Made it past the login screen and able to get to desktop, AV and other apps begin to load and everything seems to hang. Brought up task manager and it just froze...