Windows 10: Power management is missing THOUGH I made a proper key!

Discus and support Power management is missing THOUGH I made a proper key! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I made a key in the proper place in the reg. editor as my screenprint shows, still it`s missing! I REALLY don't want to do a clean install for this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by midihooker, May 11, 2021.

1. Power management is missing THOUGH I made a proper key!

I made a key in the proper place in the reg. editor as my screenprint shows, still it`s missing! I REALLY don't want to do a clean install for this issue, the only annoying thing is that I must push the power button when I want to wake it up. Strange things always happen when doing windows updates, so I shut that off.

:)

midihooker, May 11, 2021

2. Mouse/touch pad and keyboard wakes laptop up and power management tab missing?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are trying to disable keyboard and touchpad to wake the computer from sleep.

As you are missing the Power Management tab in driver properties, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and update the keyboard and touchpad drivers.

To update keyboard drivers,

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.
    • Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

To update touchpad drivers,

• Type Device Manager in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right Click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 11, 2021
  3. Batmann Win User
    Fingerprint issue/Power Management

already tried the credentials service one, not of any help. I guess the only fix is from the power management tab

1. Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list

2. When Device Manager opens, locate your fingerprint reader. It should be located in Biometric Devices section.

3.Right click your fingerprint reader and choose Properties

4. Navigate to Power Management tab and uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

5. Click OK to save changes.

I want to follow this step but I cannot find the power management tab.

Batmann, May 11, 2021
  4. AndreePin Win User

Power management is missing THOUGH I made a proper key!

Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, May 11, 2021
Thema:

Power management is missing THOUGH I made a proper key!

1. Power management is missing THOUGH I made a proper key! - Similar Threads - Power management missing

2. Power Management Tab Missing in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Management Tab Missing in Device Manager: Hello!I have read the other thread regarding similar issues and tried different fixes without success. I am installing a Bluetooth device that uses a dongle for pairing. I am getting the following error message: "The power saving flag is set. Disable the power saving options...
  3. Power Management Tab Missing in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Management Tab Missing in Device Manager: Hello!I have read the other thread regarding similar issues and tried different fixes without success. I am installing a Bluetooth device that uses a dongle for pairing. I am getting the following error message: "The power saving flag is set. Disable the power saving options...
  4. My Power Management Tab is Missing?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Power Management Tab is Missing?: I am trying to disable my laptop lid from turning on my computer. I followed this Microsoft agents instructions for windows 10, found my Lid, but my Lid device has NO power management tab.Any idea why?...
  5. My Power Management Tab is Missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Power Management Tab is Missing?: I am trying to disable my laptop lid from turning on my computer. I followed this Microsoft agents instructions for windows 10, found my Lid, but my Lid device has NO power management tab.Any idea why?...
  6. Power management missing out of device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power management missing out of device manager: Hello!I wanted to disable the 'Allow the computer to let this driver sleep'or what ever its called, and theres no management tab, is there a way I can disable it through command prompt, or a way to enable the power management tab? Thank you!...
  7. Power management missing out of device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power management missing out of device manager: Hello!I wanted to disable the 'Allow the computer to let this driver sleep'or what ever its called, and theres no management tab, is there a way I can disable it through command prompt, or a way to enable the power management tab? Thank you!...
  8. Power management missing out of device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Power management tab is missing in device manager!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Power management tab is missing in device manager!: If i go to network adapters and open the properties of my wifi card IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz there is no power management tab. Another post said to go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power in regedit, where I had to create a new DWORD called...
  10. Missing Power Management Tab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Power Management Tab: I have a ACEPC GK2 pc. Windows 10 Home. And it is up to date as of today. This pc has a Realtek GBE Ethernet Controller. Since there no Power Management tab in the controller properties, I am unable to setup Wol on this PC. Why is it missing? Thanks....