Windows 10: Power Management Setting Removed in Recent Update Causing mouse lag

Discus and support Power Management Setting Removed in Recent Update Causing mouse lag in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; With the most recent update of windows, the Power Management tab for my Intel Wireless Bluetooth has disappeared. This means I can no longer prevent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OwenBall, Aug 14, 2020.

1. OwenBall Win User

Power Management Setting Removed in Recent Update Causing mouse lag

With the most recent update of windows, the Power Management tab for my Intel Wireless Bluetooth has disappeared. This means I can no longer prevent the computer's Bluetooth from going into a sleep mode after a few second of not using my mouse. As a result, the first .5-1s or moving my mouse, nothing happens, and then all of the sudden the mouse wakes back up. This occurs so frequently that it makes my mouse unusable.

For context on what I have tried so far.

-I basically reinstalled all Bluetooth controllers and devices on my device

-I have ensured all drivers are up to date

-I have checked for a Power Management tab in all parts of device manager. I found one for the Bluetooth Low Energy GATT Compliant HID Device, but unchecking the box in that tab does not solve the problem

-I have made sure the Bluetooth Support Service is set to automatic

-I have run the Bluetooth Troubleshooting Tool to find any issues

I have a Lenovo c940 15irh and a logitech m720 mouse. I know the mouse is not defective, as before this update, once I unchecked the box that says "Allow windows to turn off this device to save power" the mouse functioned perfectly.

Intel Wireless Bluetooth Driver: 21.110.0.3

M720 Triathlon Driver: 10.0.19041.1

Bluetooth Low Energy GATT Compliant HID Device Driver: 10.0.19041.1

Thank you for any assistance that can be provided

:)

OwenBall, Aug 14, 2020

2. Mouse Lag!?!

Basically what it does is remove the mouse acceleration in XP. The mouse will feel slower at first, but eventually you'll get used to it... the only reason why I suggested the mouse fix was because mouse acceleration sometimes causes the sensation of having a laggy mouse (laggy meaning responding slowly). If you meant lag as in jumping around and generally not being responsive, then I guess you'll need to wait for more suggestions *Smile Power Management Setting Removed in Recent Update Causing mouse lag :)

anticlutch, Aug 14, 2020
  3. NorfolkIT Win User
    Device manager refresh causing mouse lag

you could do the above and check your mouse settings connection speed win + R enter control mouse and select pointer options and check the select pointer speed.

and check enhanced pointer precision is checked

Power Management Setting Removed in Recent Update Causing mouse lag [​IMG]

Kind Regards

NorfolkIT, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Power Management Setting Removed in Recent Update Causing mouse lag

mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Power Management Setting Removed in Recent Update Causing mouse lag

1. Power Management Setting Removed in Recent Update Causing mouse lag - Similar Threads - Power Management Setting

2. Mouse lagging and causing continuous beeps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse lagging and causing continuous beeps: My mouse pad has being lagging of late the laptop freezeson it's own and only the mouse point moves Aside that nothing works not even the keyboard . It doesn't move like the normal movement of a its glitches and then the laptop makes a continuous beeping sound like...
  3. Mouse lagging and causing continuous beeps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse lagging and causing continuous beeps: My mouse pad has being lagging of late the laptop freezeson it's own and only the mouse point moves Aside that nothing works not even the keyboard . It doesn't move like the normal movement of a its glitches and then the laptop makes a continuous beeping sound like...
  4. Mouse lagging and causing continuous beeps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Recent updates messed power settings up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recent updates messed power settings up: After one of the recent updates, my laptop's power settings, specifically turning screen off when plugged in, seem to reset on regular basis. I change it to "never" and after next reboot it changes back to 15 minutes. Strangely enough, sleep setting does not reset. It was...
  6. Specific mouse causes lag in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Specific mouse causes lag in games: I bought a wired Easterntimes tech gaming mouse a while ago and it worked fine. But recently it's started to cause fps drops in games that I play.The mouse works fine as a normal mouse, and only affects games.A different mouse and the computer's trackpad both work fine. It's...
  7. Power Managment settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Managment settings: Hi, I have a bit of a problem here.First I don't know if this is the correct windows topic but it does have something to do with power.So the thing is that I want to use the powersaving setting as an important option in the powermanager menu.It used to be there, but now it`s...
  8. Moving Mouse causes sever lag in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Mouse causes sever lag in games: PC Specs CPU: *AMD FX-8350 4 GHz 8-Core Processor Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB 2 x 4 GB DDR3-1600 CL9 Memory Memory: *Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 2 x 8 GB DDR3-1600 CL9 Memory Storage: *Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive Storage: *Samsung 860 Evo 1...
  9. Possible Cause for Bluetooth Mouse Lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Possible Cause for Bluetooth Mouse Lag: I have a Logitech Anywhere 2S mouse connected to my Dell's built-in Bluetooth. Every so often (I can't recall exact frequency, but maybe 5 or 6 times in a 12-hour period), the mouse will become unresponsive for about 10 seconds while I'm using it. I have to move the mouse...
  10. Device manager refresh causing mouse lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device manager refresh causing mouse lag: I am all of the sudden getting mouse lag (mouse freezes up for 5-10 seconds every 30-60 second) due to my device manager constantly refreshing, or at least that's what I think it's from. I pulled up the device manager and the task manger to find what is happening. The...