Windows 10: Power Management

Discus and support Power Management in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have migrated from a company-managed PC to my own now HP Omen - is it possible to close the lid without shutting down the machine? I'd like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JoeOC1542, Jan 8, 2020.

1. JoeOC1542 Win User

Power Management

I have migrated from a company-managed PC to my own now HP Omen - is it possible to close the lid without shutting down the machine? I'd like to continue to use it with wireless keyboard, mouse, and external screen. Is it even a good idea to do this?

:)

JoeOC1542, Jan 8, 2020

2. power management

Hi,

Thank you posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Step 1: I suggest you to remove all the external devices connected to the system, restart and check if the issue persists or not.

If issue still persists, try to run the troubleshooter and check if that helps:

Step 2: Run the Power Troubleshooter

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the
      Search bar on the desktop and press “Enter”.

• In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.

• Click on “Power”.

• Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Platform Power Management CapabilitiesPower Management :pCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern with the battery report. Active State Power Management or ASPM is a power management protocol used to manage PCI Express-based serial link devices as links become less active over time. It is normally used on laptops and
    other mobile Internet devices to extend battery life.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Are there any devices connected to the computer?

Please respond to the private message with the required information for further investigation. However, we would suggest you to perform these steps.

Change the advanced power plan settings.

1. Right click at Windows Start menu icon and select Control Panel.
    2. Set the View by to: Small icons.
    3. Click on Power Option, then click on Change plan setting.
    4. Select Changeadvanced power settings.
    5. Scroll down and expand PCI Express and
      Link State Power Management
    6. Change the option for both On battery
      and Plugged in to Maximum power savings.
    7. Then click Ok.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 8, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Power Management

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

Power Management

1. Power Management - Similar Threads - Power Management

2. Idle power management features on processor 0 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Idle power management features on processor 0 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware...: Hello, I appreciate any help, I'm reaching out for assistance with a persistent issue that's been plaguing my system. Randomly while in use, my computer crashes for apparently no reason, necessitating the removal of the power cable and its subsequent reconnection to restart....
  3. Idle power management features on processor 0 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Idle power management features on processor 0 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware...: Hello, I appreciate any help, I'm reaching out for assistance with a persistent issue that's been plaguing my system. Randomly while in use, my computer crashes for apparently no reason, necessitating the removal of the power cable and its subsequent reconnection to restart....
  4. How to use the "on battery" power management while actually charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use the "on battery" power management while actually charging: Hi Guys, I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue but I haven't found any solution to this yet. I've owned several laptops Lenovo and Dell running windows and they all do the same every single time:They are nice and cool when unplugged to save battery of course, but once...
  5. How to use the "on battery" power management while actually charging

How to use the "on battery" power management while actually charging: Hi Guys, I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue but I haven't found any solution to this yet. I've owned several laptops Lenovo and Dell running windows and they all do the same every single time:They are nice and cool when unplugged to save battery of course, but once...
  6. battery backup native windows power management issues - "critical power level" forced at 98%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    battery backup native windows power management issues - "critical power level" forced at 98%: I have a APC battery backup BR1500G us style with good fresh batteries. I use the built in windows power management but it started having a problem recently, no matter what the "critical battery level" is set to it will get to a state of "very low battery" at 98% and shutdown...
  7. battery backup native windows power management issues - "critical power level" forced at 98%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    battery backup native windows power management issues - "critical power level" forced at 98%: I have a APC battery backup BR1500G us style with good fresh batteries. I use the built in windows power management but it started having a problem recently, no matter what the "critical battery level" is set to it will get to a state of "very low battery" at 98% and shutdown...
  8. battery backup native windows power management issues - "critical power level" forced at 98%

9. Desktop, power button and task manager is not responding. It is showing that all these has...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop, power button and task manager is not responding. It is showing that all these has...: Hello, I installed a SEB browser on my Windows 10 laptop in preparation for a test. However, since the power button remained locked after uninstalling SEB, I was unable to reach it. "There are no power options available" appears when I click the power button. I haven't turned...
  10. Desktop, power button and task manager is not responding. It is showing that all these has...

Desktop, power button and task manager is not responding. It is showing that all these has...: Hello, I installed a SEB browser on my Windows 10 laptop in preparation for a test. However, since the power button remained locked after uninstalling SEB, I was unable to reach it. "There are no power options available" appears when I click the power button. I haven't turned...