Windows 10: Power Managment settings

Discus and support Power Managment settings in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I have a bit of a problem here.First I don't know if this is the correct windows topic but it does have something to do with power.So the thing is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Stian Løt, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Power Managment settings

Hi, I have a bit of a problem here.First I don't know if this is the correct windows topic but it does have something to do with power.So the thing is that I want to use the powersaving setting as an important option in the powermanager menu.It used to be there, but now it`s gone. Instead it appears to be at the battery icon at the lower right corer, but it seems to me that it does nothing of importanse.I did add a new powermanagement option based on powersaving settings, but it did not actually do what I wanted to happen.What I wanna achieve is to "lock" the CPU speed to around the minimum sp

:)

Stian Løt, Apr 27, 2021

2. Platform Power Management CapabilitiesPower Managment settings :pCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern with the battery report. Active State Power Management or ASPM is a power management protocol used to manage PCI Express-based serial link devices as links become less active over time. It is normally used on laptops and
    other mobile Internet devices to extend battery life.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Are there any devices connected to the computer?

Please respond to the private message with the required information for further investigation. However, we would suggest you to perform these steps.

Change the advanced power plan settings.

1. Right click at Windows Start menu icon and select Control Panel.
    2. Set the View by to: Small icons.
    3. Click on Power Option, then click on Change plan setting.
    4. Select Changeadvanced power settings.
    5. Scroll down and expand PCI Express and
      Link State Power Management
    6. Change the option for both On battery
      and Plugged in to Maximum power savings.
    7. Then click Ok.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 27, 2021
  3. POWER SETTINGS

Hi Gerald,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Let us know few thing to analyze the issue.

• What is the make and model of the pc?

• Are you able to wake the computer back from sleep?
    This issue might occur due to some corruption in the power settings.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Let’s run Power troubleshooter.

The power troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix any incorrect power settings. Refer to these steps to run this troubleshooter:

• Select settings in the drop down menu below search and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.

• Click on Power troubleshooter and follow the prompts.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to try method 2.

Method 2: Create new Power Plan.

Please refer to “Can I create a power plan?” section of the link below:

Power plans: frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/power-plans-faq#1TC=windows-8

Note: Steps for Windows 8 or 8.1 applies to
    Windows 10.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Apr 27, 2021
  4. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Power Managment settings

Can't Change Power Settings

Thank you for the quick response. We will now move to the second phase of troubleshooting. We suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. Here's how:

• In the search box, type troubleshooting, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

Method 2: Customize Power options.

If issue persists, the the following steps and check.

• In the search box, type Power options, and then click.
    • Click on choose when to turn off display from the left pane.
    • Click on Restore default settings for this plan.
    • Click on Change advance power settings.
    • Scroll down and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Expand Power button actions.
    • Click on the Setting and set it to Shut down.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Apr 27, 2021
Thema:

Power Managment settings

1. Power Managment settings - Similar Threads - Power Managment settings

2. Can't change Power Management setting in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change Power Management setting in Device Manager: So I was trying to use Wake-On-LAN and I didn't work so I checked Device Manager and Power Management and noticed I couldn't change this setting:https://gyazo.com/50d7b7a1e91a3e7771fda357999f859fNow if I could change this setting I think Wake-On-Lan will work and I hope...
  3. Can't change Power Management setting in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change Power Management setting in Device Manager: So I was trying to use Wake-On-LAN and I didn't work so I checked Device Manager and Power Management and noticed I couldn't change this setting:https://gyazo.com/50d7b7a1e91a3e7771fda357999f859fNow if I could change this setting I think Wake-On-Lan will work and I hope...
  4. Can't change Power Management setting in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. WakeTimers setting in Power management doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WakeTimers setting in Power management doesn't work: Hello, The Waketimers setting does nothing. I have running wake timer that just ignores this setting. (StartMenuExperienceHost.exe) Is there a way to delete a specific wake timer? I can't find any list of them, or is there a way from CMD to do it? submitted by...
  6. Power Management

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Management: My power management is set to sleep/turn off display after 30 minutes of inactivity, whilst plugged in. When I watch catch up TV e.g. QuestTV on dplay.co.uk the laptop goes to sleep (black screen) after 30 minutes, whilst the programme is still running. I do not consider...
  7. Power management

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power management: There is a power regulator which has three modes. It disappeared and now I can't find any other way to fix it. How can I restore the power management to get back the power regulator...
  8. Windows 10 power options/ processor power management settings gone.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 power options/ processor power management settings gone.: Hi, Im new here to the forum because i have an odd issue and i can't find anything on the net so i thought i ask here. I am on Windows 10 - 64 version 1607 build 14393.1358 The problem is that i don't have the options for processor power management anymore in power...
  9. Windows Power Manager or Manufacturer Power Manager ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Power Manager or Manufacturer Power Manager ?: I got to realize windows implemented its own battery power manager , it is set on "Best Performance" while I already have a manufacturer battery power manager that is installed but two years old (Early 2016) that reports being up to date set on "Balance Mode" , now i am...
  10. Power management?

in Windows 10 Support
    Power management?: When I change the power management to never turn the screen off on my desktop the setting is back to 15 minutes when the Pc is restarted. On my laptop I don't have this problem and I can't find a setting in the BIOS which can be the cause? I use build 10586.11 64 bit....