Windows 10: Power Menu Hidden Behind Start Window

Discus and support Power Menu Hidden Behind Start Window in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have a curious question and I can't seem to find any information about it online. I've run into a strange albeit minor issue with my Power Menu.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Suzanne Rosenzweig, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Power Menu Hidden Behind Start Window

Hi, I have a curious question and I can't seem to find any information about it online. I've run into a strange albeit minor issue with my Power Menu. It seems to be hidden behind the Start window display.In the screenshow below, I have opened the Start Menu and clicked on the Power Menu. Notice that the menu shows the sleep, shutdown, and restart icons, but their text descriptions are hidden by the Start Menu window. I've been playing with settings, toggling them on and off, and I have also checked for and installed updates to Windows 10. This obviously isn't a huge deal but it's kind of an

:)

Suzanne Rosenzweig, Jul 30, 2021
  2. wzor Win User

Removing Power and All Apps in Start Menu

Im sorry, but neither Power nor All Apps buttons can be hidden. All I want, is to make them appear only when pressing the hamburger menu, just as in the older builds. Thanks.

3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. Power Menu Hidden Behind Start Window

Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

Fix problems with the Start menu

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

Power Menu Hidden Behind Start Window

1. Power Menu Hidden Behind Start Window - Similar Threads - Power Menu Hidden

2. Taskbar hidden behind windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar hidden behind windows: Frequently unable to access Taskbar using mouse/touchpad due to a browser or other maximized program window preventing access.Obviously this makes all shortcuts normally available via Taskbar inaccessible, Major PITA!Reducing* or closing offending browser/program window...
  3. Taskbar hidden behind windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar hidden behind windows: Frequently unable to access Taskbar using mouse/touchpad due to a browser or other maximized program window preventing access.Obviously this makes all shortcuts normally available via Taskbar inaccessible, Major PITA!Reducing* or closing offending browser/program window...
  4. Taskbar hidden behind windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Taskbar hidden behind windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar hidden behind windows: There's an issue with the taskbar's auto-hide feature. At random intervals, the start menu becomes un-openable. Meaning no matter what you do, you cannot access the task bar & start menu using you mouth, because some window covers it.The only way to access the task bar/start...
  6. Taskbar hidden behind windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar hidden behind windows: There's an issue with the taskbar's auto-hide feature. At random intervals, the start menu becomes un-openable. Meaning no matter what you do, you cannot access the task bar & start menu using you mouth, because some window covers it.The only way to access the task bar/start...
  7. Taskbar hidden behind windows

8. A black screen behind the start menu.

A black screen behind the start menu.: As of 4-7-20. every time I click on the start icon I lose my desktop picture and get a black screen behind the start menu? When I click back out again my desktop photo returns. Any suggestions?...
  9. The Desktop Photo Behind The Start Menu?

The Desktop Photo Behind The Start Menu?: I have a solid black screen now when I click on the start button were I used to see the Desk Top photo behind the start menu? HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-desktop-photo-behind-the-start-menu/c133610b-d6c4-41df-a3af-f9ab78f95aa8
  10. Taskbar hidden behind open windows

Taskbar hidden behind open windows: My task-bar had been hiding behind all my open windows for a few days now, it was getting really annoying and I couldn't find an answer that solved my problem. Then out of nowhere I thought to hit F11 and see if maybe full-screen mode was on. Indeed that was the case at...