Windows 10: Power mode plugged in but battery is not charging

Discus and support Power mode plugged in but battery is not charging in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am using HP Pavillion Notebook with windows 10 home basic OS installed on it. It is now showing that power mode is plugged in but battery is still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rohansingh28, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Power mode plugged in but battery is not charging

I am using HP Pavillion Notebook with windows 10 home basic OS installed on it. It is now showing that power mode is plugged in but battery is still not charging. It is also not starting without any power source plugged in.

:)

rohansingh28, Nov 13, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Plugged In, Not Charging

Sometimes depending on your Windows 10 Build, your battery will not charge to 100%, this extends the life of your battery . . . plug out the laptop, drain the battery for 10 - 15 minutes, plug it back in and see if it starts to charge the battery

If however, your battery is not charging at all in Windows 10, follow these steps to rectify this issue:

• Disconnect Power Supply
    • Remove battery
    • Connect Power Supply
    • Turn on the laptop
    • Control Panel - Device Manager
    • Under the Batteries category, right-click all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery , and Uninstall
    • Shutdown
    • Disconnect Power Supply
    • Insert battery
    • Connect Power Supply
    • Turn on the laptop

I Hope this Answers your Question!

DaveM121, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Zeeba# Win User
    0% availability (plugged in, charging)

If the battery is old it might have run its course but if that's not the can do the following to check what the problem

Computer laptop that is plugged in but not charging

• Shutdown the laptop
    • Remove the battery ( note some batteries cannot easily be removed you may need to consult your laptop manual on how to remove them)
    • Clean the battery and terminals with a dry clean cloth
    • Put the battery back
    • Turn on the laptop
    • If it still say plugged in but not charging dont panick continue to follow more steps below
    Reinstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.

This is the software that control battery settings power mode and so on

This article describes the steps in detail
    http://accatech.com/dell-laptop-plugged-in-but-not-charging-fix/

Zeeba#, Nov 13, 2018
  4. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Power mode plugged in but battery is not charging

Plugged in, not charging

There are 3 points of failure for a laptop that does not charge (And has been determined to be a hardware problem and NOT a software/OS problem). OS problems can be tested as mentioned above.

• Dying battery (end of recharge cycle limit) as DustSailor and bro67 have mentioned.
    • Defective/dead charger/power supply
    • Broken DC In port (very common)

Sometimes in the case of a broken DC In port you can wiggle the power jack in the port and see it starts to charge and then goes back to "Plugged In Not Charging" when you let go. But not always.

Sometimes with the Charger/Power Supply it is only the jack that is defective.

First order of business is to borrow a Charger/Power Supply (be sure it has the same voltage IN as yours) and test it to see if it will charge the battery.

The rest is replacing parts until you get to the offending one.
    The Charger/Power Supply is cheapest to replace first.
    Then the Battery
    Then to the shop to see if the DC In port can/should be replaced.

Thema:

Power mode plugged in but battery is not charging

1. Power mode plugged in but battery is not charging - Similar Threads - Power mode plugged

2. Power mode plugged in and on battery?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power mode plugged in and on battery?: Which power mode do you guys use when a. your laptop is plugged in, b. when it's on battery? I usually use better performance when plugged in, because I suspect that best performance will lead to heat and to wear out the hardware faster. Am I right on that suspicion? Thanks...
  3. battery not charging, plugged in

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    battery not charging, plugged in: battery not charging, plugged in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging-plugged-in/88491c52-331c-44b9-b54f-e250c0d5d1e9
  4. battery plugged in but not charging.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    battery plugged in but not charging.: The battery is plugged in but is not charging. Battery power down from 80% to 64%. Why the battery has not been charging? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-plugged-in-but-not-charging/fb632c93-3afc-4fc2-a314-fb557fc2d879
  5. Battery not charging. Plugged in, not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery not charging. Plugged in, not charging: Hello, I am using HP pavilion 360 , it has been months since the message is reading "plugged in, not charging" and now the percentage has decreased to 75%. I have tried to reinstall Microsoft ACPI- Complaint Control Method Battery but it didn't work. Now what should I do?...
  6. Power mode (plugged in) not charging / charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power mode (plugged in) not charging / charging: I'm having issues with Windows 10 Power Saving Mode on my laptop. When the Power Source (charger) is plugged in the laptop will go in and out of power savings mode ever second or so. This does not happen when the battery is fully charged. I've replace the power source and...
  7. Battery plugged in, not charging

Battery plugged in, not charging: I have my USB-C charging cable plugged into the charging port of my laptop. However, the batter icon on my bottom right says (when I moused over it) "5% available (plugged in, not charging). Can't solve this issue. Anyone with solution ? I am on Window 10 Pro, ThinkPad X1...
  8. Battery plugged in but not charging.

Battery plugged in but not charging.: I have recently noticed that the battery on my Dell Laptop, which runs on Windows 10. (64 bit) is not charging and displays the note "plugged in but not charging. I have read a number of possible easy solutions, none of which seem to work. The adapter and leads etc seem to be...
  9. battery plugged in not charging

battery plugged in not charging: My battery won't charge. Says plugged in not charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/battery-plugged-in-not-charging/88e70d57-e863-4a95-8925-9bf98ee0aa69
  10. battery plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Customization
    battery plugged in but not charging: Status on laptop shows battery plugged in but not charging (battery is at 80%). When I disconnect the mains, the laptop shuts down....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. power mode plugged in

2. power mode plugged in not charging

3. power mode plugged in recommended battery

4. power mode plugged in better battery,
  5. power mode not charging,
  6. power mode on battery,
  7. laptop on power mode but will not charge,
  8. windows power mode plugged in,
  9. power mode (plugged in),
  10. windows 10 power mode plugged in,
  11. power mode(plugged in),