Windows 10: "Power mode plugged in" even though it isn't plugged in?!

Discus and support "Power mode plugged in" even though it isn't plugged in?! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows, or my Linx Vision 8 "thinks" it's perpetually plugged into power, even though it isn't. This affects the performance I'm able to set my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Popc0rn, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Popc0rn Win User

"Power mode plugged in" even though it isn't plugged in?!

Windows, or my Linx Vision 8 "thinks" it's perpetually plugged into power, even though it isn't.

This affects the performance I'm able to set my tablet to, for there's only "Better Battery", or "Better Performance", or "Best Performance" settings available. This problem is also discharging the battery quicker, and making the tablet run a little warmer than normal. The battery holds its charge while tablet is completely powered off, but discharges quicker than normal when sleeping.

I'm suspecting it only started happening since the December Insider Preview Beta update. I've cleaned the charging port, but if an issue with the charging port was the problem, wouldn't it also discharge while disconnected?

The tablet charges best when turned off and connected to power, it won't charge properly even in sleep mode.

:)

Popc0rn, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

"Power mode plugged in" even though it isn't plugged in?!

1. "Power mode plugged in" even though it isn't plugged in?! - Similar Threads - Power mode plugged

2. My laptop will not power on unless it is plugged in even though the battery is at 50% also,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop will not power on unless it is plugged in even though the battery is at 50% also,...: My Asus laptop was working perfectly until a few weeks ago. There was a Microsoft update and now my laptop will not power on unless it is plugged in even though the battery is at 50% also, the battery isn't getting recharged while connected to power.I accessed the Device...
  3. Microphone not plugged in error even though it is plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not plugged in error even though it is plugged in: So basically my microphone is not working. My microphone is connected to my earphones which do work since ive tried using my mic on my laptop so im guessing the problem is my pc, my audio output works but my mic does not. Ive tried all possible solutions: updating my driver-...
  4. Microphone not plugged in error even though it is plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not plugged in error even though it is plugged in: So basically my microphone is not working. My microphone is connected to my earphones which do work since ive tried using my mic on my laptop so im guessing the problem is my pc, my audio output works but my mic does not. Ive tried all possible solutions: updating my driver-...
  5. Microphone not plugged in error even though it is plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Headphones are detected, but microphone isn't, even though it's plugged in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones are detected, but microphone isn't, even though it's plugged in.: In my laptop, I use headphones that also have a microphone. But, I have recently realised that when plugging in said headphones, the only thing that changes is audio output from the laptop's speakers, to my headphones. Audio input the micrphone, stays to system default and...
  7. Power mode plugged in and on battery?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power mode plugged in and on battery?: Which power mode do you guys use when a. your laptop is plugged in, b. when it's on battery? I usually use better performance when plugged in, because I suspect that best performance will lead to heat and to wear out the hardware faster. Am I right on that suspicion? Thanks...
  8. Says it's charging even though it's not plugged in.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Says it's charging even though it's not plugged in.: My Windows 10 tablet is saying that it's plugged in, even though it is not plugged in. The battery icon is animated as though it is plugged in and charging, but the tablet is not plugged in. The problem this is causing is that it is changing the tablets performance. I've...
  9. Power mode (plugged in) not charging / charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power mode (plugged in) not charging / charging: I'm having issues with Windows 10 Power Saving Mode on my laptop. When the Power Source (charger) is plugged in the laptop will go in and out of power savings mode ever second or so. This does not happen when the battery is fully charged. I've replace the power source and...
  10. Power mode plugged in but battery is not charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power mode plugged in but battery is not charging: I am using HP Pavillion Notebook with windows 10 home basic OS installed on it. It is now showing that power mode is plugged in but battery is still not charging. It is also not starting without any power source plugged in....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. power mode plugged in