Windows 10: Power Mode vs power plan in Windows 11

Discus and support Power Mode vs power plan in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I'm using windows 11 and I'm enjoying it so far. There is however one thing that's confusing me and that's the 2 different options to change power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Thomas A Pedersen, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Power Mode vs power plan in Windows 11

Hi,I'm using windows 11 and I'm enjoying it so far. There is however one thing that's confusing me and that's the 2 different options to change power configurations in the settings menu and the control panel. At first, i thought they both controls the same thing, but after a closer look at power in the settings menu, I've noticed that I cannot change "power mode" if i have selected "High performance" as active power plan in classic control panel.If i choose "balanced" as power plan in classic control panel, then i can suddenly choose between "Best power efficiency", "Balanced" and "Best perfor

:)

Thomas A Pedersen, Oct 24, 2021
  2. John Fer Win User

Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Oct 24, 2021
  3. power plan

Hi Charles,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Try to run the following commands and check if it helps.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:
    WSReset.exe.

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files:

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Run the Power Troubleshooter.

Power troubleshooter will automatically fix some common issues with Power Plans. Run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings, which determine how
    long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering sleep mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      Troubleshooting

• Select Troubleshooting and click on
      System and Security.

• Click on Power and follow the
      onscreen steps.
    Delete the current power plan and create it again. Refer to the following link to change the power plan to suit your needs.

Power plans: Frequently asked questions

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support Refer to the section:
    How to create and delete a power plan

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 24, 2021
  4. Geethu B Win User

Power Mode vs power plan in Windows 11

Power plans automatically changing

Hi Jonah,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with power plans.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect Power settings. Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

Let’s run the power troubleshooter and check if that helps.

a. Press Windows key on the keyboard.

b. In the search box, type Troubleshooting and press
    Enter.

c. Click on ‘System and Security’ and click on ‘Power’ click on next to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to
    restore the power plans to default and check if it helps.

Step 1: Reset and restore the power plans to default:

• Right-click on
      Start button
      and click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• In the command prompt, type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes
      and hit Enter.

• Exit command prompt.
    Note: This would reset the power plan settings to default. Any customized power plans are would be removed.

Step 2:

Once the power plan is reset to default, you may create a
    new power plan
    and customize the same according to your needs.

Refer to the link:

Power plans: Frequently asked questions

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Oct 24, 2021
Thema:

Power Mode vs power plan in Windows 11

1. Power Mode vs power plan in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Power Mode power

2. High Performance vs Balanced Mode - Power Plans

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High Performance vs Balanced Mode - Power Plans: I am running Windows 10, and I already selected the balanced plan, but now I realize that I need the high performance plan, but the control panel is not allowing me to change it after I have already selected the balanced plan. Is it permanently locked on balanced plan?...
  3. High Performance vs Balanced Mode - Power Plans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Performance vs Balanced Mode - Power Plans: I am running Windows 10, and I already selected the balanced plan, but now I realize that I need the high performance plan, but the control panel is not allowing me to change it after I have already selected the balanced plan. Is it permanently locked on balanced plan?...
  4. High Performance vs Balanced Mode - Power Plans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. [Windows 11] Why duplicate settings: A Power Mode in Settings app and a Power Plan Power...

[Windows 11] Why duplicate settings: A Power Mode in Settings app and a Power Plan Power...: 1. What is the purpose of having these two power management selections separately? Is there a guidance article that Microsoft put out? 2. How does one, customize the Power Modes selectable from the Setting App? 3. Where should one now control the display off, sleep, and...
  6. [Windows 11] Why duplicate settings: A Power Mode in Settings app and a Power Plan Power...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Windows 11] Why duplicate settings: A Power Mode in Settings app and a Power Plan Power...: 1. What is the purpose of having these two power management selections separately? Is there a guidance article that Microsoft put out? 2. How does one, customize the Power Modes selectable from the Setting App? 3. Where should one now control the display off, sleep, and...
  7. Best power efficiency VS power saving mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best power efficiency VS power saving mode.: Hello. Most of the time I use my laptop for browsing and PDF reading and these activities doesn't require much performance so most of the time my power mode is set to power saving mode. But int the power mode there is another option which is " Best power efficiency ". So, in...
  8. Best power efficiency VS power saving mode.

Best power efficiency VS power saving mode.: Hello. Most of the time I use my laptop for browsing and PDF reading and these activities doesn't require much performance so most of the time my power mode is set to power saving mode. But int the power mode there is another option which is " Best power efficiency ". So, in...
  9. Power Mode vs power plan in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Mode vs power plan in Windows 11: Hi,I'm using windows 11 and I'm enjoying it so far. There is however one thing that's confusing me and that's the 2 different options to change power configurations in the settings menu and the control panel. At first, i thought they both controls the same thing, but after a...
  10. OEM power mode vs Windows 10 power mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OEM power mode vs Windows 10 power mode: I am confused as to which one takes precedence over the other. For example if I set my laptop to power saving on HP Command center and select best performance mode on Windows' battery indicator submitted by /u/tonystarkjr14 [link] [comments]...