Windows 10: Power Off and reboot

Discus and support Power Off and reboot in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After 5 min idle, my PC requires reboot to wake up regardless of sleep and power-off settings. Using Win 11 now, but had same problem in 2019 with Win... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DebKap, Nov 28, 2021.

1. DebKap Win User

Power Off and reboot

After 5 min idle, my PC requires reboot to wake up regardless of sleep and power-off settings. Using Win 11 now, but had same problem in 2019 with Win 10. Took Microsoft 3 mos of support calls to repair.

:)

DebKap, Nov 28, 2021

2. Stuck in Reboot loop after power cut

Hi,

We understand your concern and appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to state which troubleshooting steps have you performed bedsides the mentioned to fix the issue.

As per the description, I suspect that you might be stuck in a reboot loop. I suggest that you perform Power Drain and check if it helps

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 28, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 28, 2021
  4. John Fer Win User

Power Off and reboot

Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Nov 28, 2021
Thema:

Power Off and reboot

1. Power Off and reboot - Similar Threads - Power Off reboot

2. Power off and reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power off and reboot: After 5 mins idle. My PC needed to be restarted regardless of sleep or power of settings I set. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-off-and-reboot/f80536a2-0734-455a-9d2f-992e057f83ea
  3. Power off and reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power off and reboot: After 5 mins idle. My PC needed to be restarted regardless of sleep or power of settings I set. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-off-and-reboot/f80536a2-0734-455a-9d2f-992e057f83ea
  4. Power Off and reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Off and reboot: After 5 min idle, my PC requires reboot to wake up regardless of sleep and power-off settings. Using Win 11 now, but had same problem in 2019 with Win 10. Took Microsoft 3 mos of support calls to repair....
  5. power off

in Windows 10 Customization
    power off: what to do when i want to shut down my computer its asking me to contact system administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-off/a71b9a5c-b052-4331-a9ea-a5288db6d53d
  6. Bios Reboot powered off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bios Reboot powered off: I have a Vivo PC x, the other day I saw something on the screen I thought was a virus so i hard powered off the systemHeld the button down till everything died Turns out the computer was updating some bios records or whatever bios relates to, regardless, now I can't do...
  7. powering On & OFF

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    powering On & OFF: my laptop power button is not responsive. how can i power it on by just opening the lid? or pressing some other keyboard button? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powering-on-off/dc2e0a59-3ff2-4408-af76-af79bd5024f5
  8. Power Off

Power Off: Hello! I have a dell G7 7790, and whenever I put it to sleep it turns off after sometime but if i use it again after a small period of time it doesn't turn off! Is there something in the settings I should change or it is a problem in my device?...
  9. power off

power off: my laptop automatically shut down when i unplag charger. when i plug in charger automatically power on.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-off/87f98681-a645-4eba-bf58-eff9f6528a92
  10. Random power offs & reboots

in Windows 10 Support
    Random power offs & reboots: The PC is a fairly old custom built machine with an Asus P6T motherboard running Win 10/64 Home Build 1703. It has started powering off and rebooting itself at random times. When it does this it reboots 3 times, gets itself to the Recovery partition, and then shows the...