Windows 10: Power off questions

Discus and support Power off questions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My first question. New computer. Shut down but my kb keys stay lit. My speakers with blue lighted base stays lit. Both are usb attached. Is power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Big John3, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Big John3 Win User

Power off questions

My first question.
    New computer.
    Shut down but my kb keys stay lit. My speakers with blue lighted base stays lit.
    Both are usb attached.
    Is power always on the usb ports when the computer is powered down thru W10 power off command?
    Will get w version number later. Sorry.

:)

Big John3, Mar 1, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Lost Power, now PC won't boot. Powers on and clicks.

I had tried both of those steps. Neither worked. I have a replacement power supply on order. Should be here on Monday. Thanks for the suggestions.

musiclover7, Mar 1, 2020
  4. John Fer Win User

Power off questions

Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Power off questions

1. Power off questions - Similar Threads - Power off questions

2. Sleep and power on/off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep and power on/off: If I wish to take one of the power options on my laptop after a certain length of time, it will not respond except for restart and I have to manually use the power button to complete whichever option I have taken. However, if I take the restart option it will let me complete...
  3. Power Off/On/Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Off/On/Crashes: Good day folks. Please how do l resolve this issue of error code : Kernel - Power error 41 63? I have used SFC it was able to repair some corrupt files. After this PROCESS, I used Deployment Image service & management tool, DISM and it found no integrity issues. Please what...
  4. power off

in Windows 10 Customization
    power off: what to do when i want to shut down my computer its asking me to contact system administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-off/a71b9a5c-b052-4331-a9ea-a5288db6d53d
  5. Laptop powers off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop powers off: Windows Version 20H2 Problem: Whenever I try to sign out of my user account, restart the computer or shut it down things that require an user sign out the laptop completely powers off without a blue screen crash or an error code. In the event logger the only things it...
  6. powering On & OFF

powering On & OFF: my laptop power button is not responsive. how can i power it on by just opening the lid? or pressing some other keyboard button? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powering-on-off/dc2e0a59-3ff2-4408-af76-af79bd5024f5
  7. Power Off

Power Off: Hello! I have a dell G7 7790, and whenever I put it to sleep it turns off after sometime but if i use it again after a small period of time it doesn't turn off! Is there something in the settings I should change or it is a problem in my device?...
  8. power off

power off: my laptop automatically shut down when i unplag charger. when i plug in charger automatically power on.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-off/87f98681-a645-4eba-bf58-eff9f6528a92
  9. On, or off, that is the question?

in Windows 10 Support
    On, or off, that is the question?: Is it more beneficial to leave my pc switched on, all the time. I usually turn monitor off when not in use during day. *Huh 132445
  10. Power options question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Power options question: So I plan on doing an windows update to 1809, my question is when it restarts to the screen where instead of don’t power off your pc, it says “this will take a while” can i still have the lid closed or do I have to open it. 127933