Windows 10: Power Off

Discus and support Power Off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello! I have a dell G7 7790, and whenever I put it to sleep it turns off after sometime but if i use it again after a small period of time it doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jad G, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Jad G Win User

Power Off

Hello!

I have a dell G7 7790, and whenever I put it to sleep it turns off after sometime but if i use it again after a small period of time it doesn't turn off!

Is there something in the settings I should change or it is a problem in my device?

:)

Jad G, Jan 18, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Lost Power, now PC won't boot. Powers on and clicks.

I had tried both of those steps. Neither worked. I have a replacement power supply on order. Should be here on Monday. Thanks for the suggestions.

musiclover7, Jan 18, 2020
  4. John Fer Win User

Power Off

Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

Power Off

1. Power Off - Similar Threads - Power Off

2. My pc is getting stuck and then the keyboard not responding, automatically power offs. What...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc is getting stuck and then the keyboard not responding, automatically power offs. What...: My pc is getting freeze and not responding to cursor or any buttons. It automatically power offs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-getting-stuck-and-then-the-keyboard-not/9dcd4e98-5641-4abf-a15a-222df94e3957
  3. My pc is getting stuck and then the keyboard not responding, automatically power offs. What...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is getting stuck and then the keyboard not responding, automatically power offs. What...: My pc is getting freeze and not responding to cursor or any buttons. It automatically power offs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-getting-stuck-and-then-the-keyboard-not/9dcd4e98-5641-4abf-a15a-222df94e3957
  4. HP window 10 power off seducingly when backup, after can't not start again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP window 10 power off seducingly when backup, after can't not start again: during desktop window 10 in backup processing, the power is suddenly off. can't not start anymore, can fix, restore. how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-window-10-power-off-seducingly-when-backup/bc7b6da4-3a8b-4b90-97e8-00fbb7582d49
  5. HP window 10 power off seducingly when backup, after can't not start again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP window 10 power off seducingly when backup, after can't not start again: during desktop window 10 in backup processing, the power is suddenly off. can't not start anymore, can fix, restore. how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-window-10-power-off-seducingly-when-backup/bc7b6da4-3a8b-4b90-97e8-00fbb7582d49
  6. HP window 10 power off seducingly when backup, after can't not start again

7. PC randomly EFFECTIVELY POWERED OFF over the night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly EFFECTIVELY POWERED OFF over the night: HI-Not sure where to go with this one, BUTSeveral times in the past couple of weeks, when I return to my PC in the morning, it is effectively powered off, BUT the power light is still on.Status of the new Dell Inspiron Desktop PC with Windows 11 installed and up to date:1 All...
  8. PC randomly EFFECTIVELY POWERED OFF over the night

PC randomly EFFECTIVELY POWERED OFF over the night: HI-Not sure where to go with this one, BUTSeveral times in the past couple of weeks, when I return to my PC in the morning, it is effectively powered off, BUT the power light is still on.Status of the new Dell Inspiron Desktop PC with Windows 11 installed and up to date:1 All...
  9. Power button works to turn on but not turn off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power button works to turn on but not turn off.: I own a Spectre x360 16 and the power button works normally when turning on but if I were to hold the power button to shut down, it acts like I haven’t done anything. There is no indication of error or any tabs open, acts like I haven’t touched the button at all. Went to...
  10. Power button works to turn on but not turn off.

Power button works to turn on but not turn off.: I own a Spectre x360 16 and the power button works normally when turning on but if I were to hold the power button to shut down, it acts like I haven’t done anything. There is no indication of error or any tabs open, acts like I haven’t touched the button at all. Went to...