Windows 10: Power on automatically after shutdown

Discus and support Power on automatically after shutdown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I am facing an issue from two months, my laptop instantly restart when i turn it off, if i power off by pressing power button then it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ShahidHussain9, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Power on automatically after shutdown

Hello,

I am facing an issue from two months, my laptop instantly restart when i turn it off, if i power off by pressing power button then it will not power on again until plug-in the adapter.

Kindly help me to resolve this issue.

Regards

:)

ShahidHussain9, Jan 12, 2021

2. Windows 10 shutdown power still light and fan still working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the laptop will not shutdown completely. We will help you.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Remove all the externally connected devices and cables including the battery.
    • Hold the power button for about a minute and release the power button.
    • Connect only the power cable and power on the PC.
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Windows 10 shutdown power still light and fan still working

Sachin.V thank you for reply the post i hope no problem again . i try 2 times shutdown seen like problem solve thank you

cosmochong, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Power on automatically after shutdown

Shutdown then Immediately Restarts

Try below command:

Code:
    If above command wont work try below suggestion.

1. Click the “K” menu in the bottom left corner.
    2. Click “Logout”.
    3. Knoppix will begin shutting down.
    4. The Knoppix CD will be ejected.
    5. Remove the CD and close the tray.
    6. Press Enter on the keyboard.
    7. Knoppix will attempt to turn off the computer automatically. If it doesn't turn off automatically, it is now safe to turn off the computer yourself using the power button.

FreeBooter, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

Power on automatically after shutdown

1. Power on automatically after shutdown - Similar Threads - Power automatically shutdown

2. Windows RESTARTS automatically after SHUTDOWN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows RESTARTS automatically after SHUTDOWN: Please help. This issue has been bothering me for 2 days. My PC restarts after clicking on SHUTDOWN. No blue screens no errors, just plain defiance. I tried a lot of hardware steps so please don't suggest those.I did the basic steps like fast startup disabled, etc and even...
  3. Windows RESTARTS automatically after SHUTDOWN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows RESTARTS automatically after SHUTDOWN: Please help. This issue has been bothering me for 2 days. My PC restarts after clicking on SHUTDOWN. No blue screens no errors, just plain defiance. I tried a lot of hardware steps so please don't suggest those.I did the basic steps like fast startup disabled, etc and even...
  4. Windows RESTARTS automatically after SHUTDOWN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Automatic shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Automatic shutdown: My PC is automatically shut down without giving any warning. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-shutdown/f9b8d18d-f8d1-474d-b6e7-4183b9281c73
  6. automatic shutdown after a download is finished

automatic shutdown after a download is finished: I want my pc to automatically shut down after the ongoing download is finished. How can I do that? Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-shutdown-after-a-download-is-finished/7cd1483a-68bd-48a0-9bd0-b844dda700e7
  7. Power shutdown

Power shutdown: Sometimes when I shutdown my ideapad s540, it won't shutdown properly. That's why the pc becomes super hot. Any suggestion what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-shutdown/be2b658e-fc29-4438-b6a4-bdc9cfc48726
  8. Power Shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power Shutdown: Loaded Windows 10 recently. Now it shuts down unexpectantly and must manually reboot. Slow coming up, needs help at times.What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/power-shutdown/4c522aac-dc94-4939-8804-ca411bcfd3cf
  9. Automatic Shutdown

Automatic Shutdown: Hi, since upgrading to w10 from 8.1, automatic shutdown from task scheduler won't work. After googling i can't find a solution. It is saying "one or more of the specified arguments are invalid" which is strange as it worked in 8.1, all i have in the argument box is /s. Can...
  10. Computer automatically restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer automatically restarts after shutdown: Windows 10 kept wanting to restart after it has been shutdown. The computer would have its power indicator turned off for maybe 2 seconds, then you hear the fan whirling and the BIOS screen appears followed by the usual boot process. I don't know how this would help, but...