Windows 10: Power on but no signal or usb

Discus and support Power on but no signal or usb in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just got an ssd so i borrow the SATA cable from my cd drive to transfer data. I turned my pc on and the monitors stayed no signal. I pit everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by richodude, Jan 10, 2020.

1. richodude Win User

Power on but no signal or usb

I just got an ssd so i borrow the SATA cable from my cd drive to transfer data. I turned my pc on and the monitors stayed no signal. I pit everything back, still nothing. I unplugged all external cables and checked all internal ones. I also cleaned off the ram sticks. The same thing, power on with fans spinning, but no signal or usb. Any idea what the culprit may be?

:)

richodude, Jan 10, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Disable "Power Surge on USB" message

Hi David,

If the system detects that a USB port is going over the power limit, the system is set to notify the user by default. However, since you mentioned that you're still getting the notification after you disabled the alerts, we suggest following these steps
    instead:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Device Manager.
    • Click the drop-down arrow beside Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click anything that has USB Host Controller in its name, and select
      Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer. The driver will be reinstalled automatically.

Let us know if the error notification disappears after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Jan 10, 2020
  3. No power at usb

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

"I have checked and followed the instructions in Device Manager, Trouble shooting , settings, update driver and audio within the computer

Also various links within this forum with no success"

What troubleshooting steps did you try to resolve the issue?

I would suggest you to run the hardware and device troubleshooter and check:

Try these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Click view all in the left panel.
    • Select ‘Hardware and devices' and follow the on-screen instructions.
    If you think that it is the power that is causing this, run the Power Troubleshooter.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Power”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

I would suggest you to restore default settings of power plan and check if it helps.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change advanced power settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.

Hope this post is helpful. Get back to us with the results. We are happy to help.

Joy Kemprai, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

windows 10 USB Power

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Power Troubleshoot.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Power troubleshooter

Method 2: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Power on but no signal or usb - Similar Threads - Power signal usb

2. No RGB signal. Power will be turned off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No RGB signal. Power will be turned off.: I recently packed up my computer and moved into a new location. Upon setting my computer back up, my monitor has refused to connect to my PC. I thought it might be the cable that was the issue but after buying a new cable the problem remained. Both the monitor and the...
  3. No RGB signal. Power will be turned off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No RGB signal. Power will be turned off.: I recently packed up my computer and moved into a new location. Upon setting my computer back up, my monitor has refused to connect to my PC. I thought it might be the cable that was the issue but after buying a new cable the problem remained. Both the monitor and the...
  4. No RGB signal. Power will be turned off.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB Hub - Powered or not?

USB Hub - Powered or not?: I've run out of USB Ports on my PC, so I'm looking at a 4 port Hub. My question is this: Do I need a powered Hub or non-powered Hub? Devices to be connected to the Hub are Mouse, Keyboard, USB Headphones and phone charging via USB cable. Thanks. 164695
  6. HDMI Has power, no signal

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI Has power, no signal: Okay, so let me start off with me being new to the whole forum thing. I got two broken graphic cards (GTX 960 and a RX 380). I had a broken hdmi cable, cut the broken end off, attached the red and white wire to an led (to light up when receiving power). I tested both graphic...
  7. power to usb ports

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power to usb ports: Hello — I am having a issue with the usb drives connected to my laptop. It seems that in the quest to save power, the computer limits power to the usb ports. Im my case, both usb drives are self powered – ie they use AC power. When I turn on my laptop at the start of the...
  8. Powered USB Hub

Powered USB Hub: Could someone wise please recommend a quality 4 port v3.0 powered USB hub with a UK mains plug PSU? I need it for keyboard, mouse, printer and Saitek X52 Pro joystick - the latter will not work unpowered with the rest. I've had a devil of a time trying to find Best Buy...
  9. Pc powering on but monitor doesnt give signal

Pc powering on but monitor doesnt give signal: Hello I have a desktop pc with windows 10 cpu intel i5 6500 gpu sapphire rx 480 nitro 4gb mobo Gigabyte h170 hd3 ram 4+4 hyperx fury ddr4 psu coolermaster 650m! My problem is when I power on my pc after a night my monitor stays black and I have to restart it to work ! What is...
  10. Powered usb external hard drive in powered usb hub

Powered usb external hard drive in powered usb hub: I have two powered USB 2.0 hard drives that I plan to plug into a powered USB 3.0 hub. I know I won't get the USB 3.0 speed, but should the I also connect each drive's power connection? Thank you for your help. 96467