Windows 10: Power on /Restart

Discus and support Power on /Restart in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an issue on starting my laptop DELL, When there is battery and power cable connection, If I press power on my laptop monitor not displaying,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HubertD'souza, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Power on /Restart

I have an issue on starting my laptop DELL, When there is battery and power cable connection, If I press power on my laptop monitor not displaying, Then I remove the battery and power connection cable again connected only power cable without battery, press power on not displaying,I have to do same for more than 4 times then monitor displays, Even I restart my laptop it will not display monitor,If I go on doing removing and connect the cable after many times it will displays monitor, Then I insert battery it will works properly even in power failure, Please suggest me to solve the issue.

Thanks,

Hubert

:)

HubertD'souza, Jun 4, 2019

2. restart and kernel-power event

Hi,

The kernel power event ID 41 error occurs when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly. When a computer that is running Windows starts, a check is performed to determine whether the computer was shut down cleanly. If the computer was not shut
    down cleanly, a Kernel Power Event 41 message is generated.

Try this, see if it works for you:

• Go to "Settings"
    • Select "System"
    • Select "Power and Sleep"
    • Select "Additional Power Settings"
    • Select "Choose what the power buttons do"
    • Select "Change settings currently available"
    • Ensure that "Turn on fast start up" is deselected (unticked)
    • Click on "Save Changes"

Restart your computer after performing the steps.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Jun 4, 2019
  3. random restarts

Hi Lili,

Hardware failure or system instability can cause the computer to
    randomly restarts. As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter on your computer and check if it fixes the issue. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems look for
      Power.
    • Then Run the troubleshooter.

Update us with the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Marilou Ser, Jun 4, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Power on /Restart

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

Power on /Restart

1. Power on /Restart - Similar Threads - Power Restart

2. Window Restart Kernel-Power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window Restart Kernel-Power: Hello, since I launched Valorant, my computer restarts for no reason with a black screen when I launch games or randomly, I reinstalled my window.+ System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power [ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4} EventID 41 Version 8...
  3. Window Restart Kernel-Power

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window Restart Kernel-Power: Hello, since I launched Valorant, my computer restarts for no reason with a black screen when I launch games or randomly, I reinstalled my window.+ System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power [ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4} EventID 41 Version 8...
  4. Window Restart Kernel-Power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Recently Windows 11 requires restart on powering on to connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently Windows 11 requires restart on powering on to connect to the internet: This is a recent event, about 1 month. When I turn on the PC I don't have internet. Restart usually clears this problem. Think hardware I reset my router and checked the firmware. No changes needed. I followed some suggestion ran DISM and SFC and nothing found wrong. I spent...
  6. Recently Windows 11 requires restart on powering on to connect to the internet

Recently Windows 11 requires restart on powering on to connect to the internet: This is a recent event, about 1 month. When I turn on the PC I don't have internet. Restart usually clears this problem. Think hardware I reset my router and checked the firmware. No changes needed. I followed some suggestion ran DISM and SFC and nothing found wrong. I spent...
  7. How can I set the start menu power button to restart instead of shut down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I set the start menu power button to restart instead of shut down?: I know this can be changed, but I can't remember how to do it. I want the power button on the start menu to show "restart" instead of "shut down". I know there's a drop down menu, but I want to set it and forget it....
  8. How can I set the start menu power button to restart instead of shut down?

How can I set the start menu power button to restart instead of shut down?: I know this can be changed, but I can't remember how to do it. I want the power button on the start menu to show "restart" instead of "shut down". I know there's a drop down menu, but I want to set it and forget it....
  9. My computer freezes and needs to be manually powered off to restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer freezes and needs to be manually powered off to restart.: Essentially the title, but I can't seem to find what can be causing the issue. The fans seem to work great and I don't believe overheating is the issue. For multiple of the freezes, the line: 6062 - Lso was triggered appears in event viewer. Any experience with this problem?...
  10. My computer freezes and needs to be manually powered off to restart.

My computer freezes and needs to be manually powered off to restart.: Essentially the title, but I can't seem to find what can be causing the issue. The fans seem to work great and I don't believe overheating is the issue. For multiple of the freezes, the line: 6062 - Lso was triggered appears in event viewer. Any experience with this problem?...