Windows 10: Power on to grey screen and then horizontal bars

Discus and support Power on to grey screen and then horizontal bars in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Turned on HP Laptop 17z-ca100 SSD Win 10 this morning and no cursor, no response to keys except power on and off. Just a grey screen which develops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by moondad, Sep 16, 2021.

1. moondad Win User

Power on to grey screen and then horizontal bars

Turned on HP Laptop 17z-ca100 SSD Win 10 this morning and no cursor, no response to keys except power on and off. Just a grey screen which develops into several thin horizontal bars of various shades of grey, green and pink mostly in the top half. One vertical white and grey band on right side.

:)

moondad, Sep 16, 2021

2. grey color bars on laptop screen

facing problem of grey color bars on my laptop (Dell) screen, increasing day by day, the first day it was just a horizontal very thin line, but now it is more than 1 inch on the screen horizontally. please tell me about the problem and solution too. thanks

adms v singh, Sep 16, 2021
  3. Screen is streched horizontally

Hi,

For us to better assist you with your issue on stretched screen horizontally, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any changes or updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • When did you start experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 16, 2021
  4. Wing2274 Win User

Grey Horizontal Line

Since I upgraded my window from Windows 8 to Windows 10, there is a fine grey horizontal line at the bottom of my screen. It's there no matter what I do. It's quite annoying when watching video or movie.

One thing that is funny is that the line is there all the time. However, if I use screen cap, this line does not show on the screen cap though. Any idea?

Wing2274, Sep 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Power on to grey screen and then horizontal bars - Similar Threads - Power grey screen

2. Grey Horizontal Lines on Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey Horizontal Lines on Screen: I've been having an issue where multiple big lines appear on my screen and flicker randomly when I move my laptop around. I'm on a Lenovo Yoga laptop, running Windows 10. How can I fix this?...
  3. Grey Horizontal Lines on Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey Horizontal Lines on Screen: I've been having an issue where multiple big lines appear on my screen and flicker randomly when I move my laptop around. I'm on a Lenovo Yoga laptop, running Windows 10. How can I fix this?...
  4. Grey Horizontal Lines on Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Grey bar at the bottom of screen

Grey bar at the bottom of screen: Hi,I am noticing a grey bar, almost the size of task bar at the bottom of the screen. If the taskbar is located at the bottom of the screen this grey area is masking it out, and hence not able to properly view the font on the taskbar.This grey area is present at bottom even...
  6. Grey bar at the bottom of screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Grey bar at the bottom of screen: Hi,I am noticing a grey bar, almost the size of task bar at the bottom of the screen. If the taskbar is located at the bottom of the screen this grey area is masking it out, and hence not able to properly view the font on the taskbar.This grey area is present at bottom even...
  7. Horizontal grey lines on display

Horizontal grey lines on display: Hi There's are strange grey lines appearing on a computer when it is connected to a terminal server. The display on the right is from an external monitor, the one on the left ist from the Laptop. When the external display gets turned off, the lines appear on the Laptop's...
  8. Grey Horizontal Lines

Grey Horizontal Lines: Hello, I'm having trouble with my Pc. Grey horizontal lines appear on my monitor and I have no idea what to do. It stared a week ago after my Pc updated windows and nvidia drivers, I've tried everything I could think of. All solutions will be greatly appreciated! [IMG]...
  9. Grey Horizontal Lines on Screen

Grey Horizontal Lines on Screen: I've been having an issue where there are multiple grey lines appearing on my monitor. I tried to fix this by updating all of my graphics drivers, restarting my computer, and even changing the Display Port cable, to no avail. The lines are less noticeable in browser windows....
  10. Grey Screen of Death, power on but no display

in Windows 10 Support
    Grey Screen of Death, power on but no display: After allowing my PC to boot up for about 5 minutes I encountered the grey screen of death. My computer froze and I was forced to reset. Since then I've been able to boot my PC but with no display on my monitor. I'm yet to find anyone with the exact same problem and I'm...