Windows 10: Power on twice to load W10

Discus and support Power on twice to load W10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I visit my son in the USA once in a while and about two years ago I upgraded his perfectly working W7 X64, 8Gb Desktop PC to W10. Despite all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bazzerbeeza, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Power on twice to load W10

I visit my son in the USA once in a while and about two years ago I upgraded his perfectly working W7 X64, 8Gb Desktop PC to W10. Despite all my efforts I could not get W10 to load unless I a) powered on and partway through the load it stops b) power off c) power on again and it loads ok. Two years later I am back and have just refreshed his W10 and brought it up to the May Update level hoping that this would include a fix for the problem but alas no joy. The motherboard is an ASUS M3A78-EM and it seems as though the last version of the driver for it was 2010 so that should be ok. Any theories as to where the problem lies would be most welcome to him and his power supply.

:)

Bazzerbeeza, Jul 11, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Have to boot twice since upgrading to W10

Hi Nora,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will assist you is solving the issue.

I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps below.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.

After the Startup Repair is complete, check for the status.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Power on twice to load W10

Lost Power, now PC won't boot. Powers on and clicks.

I had tried both of those steps. Neither worked. I have a replacement power supply on order. Should be here on Monday. Thanks for the suggestions.

musiclover7, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Power on twice to load W10

1. Power on twice to load W10 - Similar Threads - Power twice load

2. W10 taskbar constantly loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 taskbar constantly loading: Hello,I have issues with my windows 10 device. When I open my PC the taskbar constantly loads only. All the icons and folder also disappears. When I try to hover on the taskbar it will only loads. I need to restart my device to stop it from loading. I have the updated drivers...
  3. W10 taskbar constantly loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 taskbar constantly loading: Hello,I have issues with my windows 10 device. When I open my PC the taskbar constantly loads only. All the icons and folder also disappears. When I try to hover on the taskbar it will only loads. I need to restart my device to stop it from loading. I have the updated drivers...
  4. W10 taskbar constantly loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Programs loading twice

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs loading twice: Every time I select a program shortcut from my desktop it loads twice. For example, if I click on my GMAIL icon, the standard GMAIL opening screen will appear, followed by my default view. But within about 5-10 seconds, the program goes through its opening routine again!...
  6. Powering on Desktop PC Starts Twice

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Powering on Desktop PC Starts Twice: Hello, I am seeking an advice on a possible issue with my desktop PC. When I start it from having been shut down by pressing the power button, it starts twice. It comes on very briefly, switches off for approximetely five seconds, and then starts again without any...
  7. W10 1903 updated twice in 2 weeks removing programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 1903 updated twice in 2 weeks removing programs: W10 2019 update caused a lot of problems. I put my files back where they should be. Reloaded outlook 2013 again and imported my old pst files i needed for it. Windows has just done it again and removed all ny starting tiles in productivety, explore ext and my outlook....
  8. Power load on system...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power load on system...: I am not certain, if this is the right forum, please move it if not... Question about the power utilization... The system is W10 v.1809: Desktop tower with 5 x 120mm Noctua fans CPU: Intel i5 8400 Memory:16GBs (4x4) Drives: 2 x Samsung 960 EVO m.2, Samsung SSD 850 EVO, DVD...
  9. Some webpages load twice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some webpages load twice: Is there a way to fix pages loading twice I edge, like national geographic for example? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-webpages-load-twice/9eed64ef-675b-490e-9e9d-25d32df125f3
  10. Sudden power loss, W10 wont load - just black screen spinning dots

in Windows 10 Support
    Sudden power loss, W10 wont load - just black screen spinning dots: Hi All, So........ this all started when my partners steel capped boot kicked the power board under my desk, and cut power to my PC while said boot owner was playing games (Mass Effect 3 again, for the 5th time if you were wondering). It rebooted to the black screen with...