Windows 10: Power Option Changes Ignored?

Discus and support Power Option Changes Ignored? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! For a long while I've had a problem with Power Options being ignored. I want the Power Plan on High Performance, but I don't want my processor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PilotGW, Jun 5, 2020.

1. PilotGW Win User

Power Option Changes Ignored?

Hi!

For a long while I've had a problem with Power Options being ignored. I want the Power Plan on High Performance, but I don't want my processor running at 100% all of the time.

If I set Balanced, my processor will happily clock down to 800MHz when idle as expected
    If I set High Performance, my processor will run at maximum clock speed as expected

If I run High Performance and I change the minimum processor state to 5%, it carries on at maximum clock speed.
    If I run Balanced and I change the minimum processor state to 100%, it carries on clocking down.

Creating a Power Plan based on High Performance and changing the processor state to 5% does nothing and my CPU is pegged at 4.3GHz.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Windows 10 Pro 1909

:)

PilotGW, Jun 5, 2020
  2. gmopro Win User

Power Settings Ignored by Lenovo Yoga 400 laptop

• Did you make any changes to your computer? I dont know.. what kind of changes are you talking about. I only added software.. like Norton Security and a few free MSFT apps.
    • Which Build are you currently in? I dont know..probably the latest one. How do i determine "the build"?? I always update windows and pretty sure this is up to date here.
    • Which troubleshooting steps did you try? Tried everything that was suggested,..power troubleshooter, update graphics card, set power settings to default, and other things.. nothing worked. Has been a problem for many months.
      How do i do this clean boot? I will need instructions for these things..step by step. i am tired of this machine ignoring the power settings. Need this fixed.

gmopro, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Anne Fuj Win User
    Power option settings being ignored

Hi David,

To fixyour concern,
    let us do the following methods:

Method 1:
    Run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Power.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2: We
    suggest that you
    restore the power plan to default and check if it works.

• Right click on Start button and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Click on
      Power Options.
    • Click on
      choose when to turn off displayfrom the left pane.
    • Click on
      Restore default settings for this plan.

Let us see how it goes.

Anne Fuj, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Power Option Changes Ignored?

Windows 10 Power Options Not working

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Use the hardware troubleshooter to fix the issue

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.
    Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the power options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the power Troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Also I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel and then click on power options.
    • Then click on create new power plan.
    • Change the power plan accordingly and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Power Option Changes Ignored?

1. Power Option Changes Ignored? - Similar Threads - Power Option Changes

2. Windows 11 on an Dell Laptop Ignoring Power Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 on an Dell Laptop Ignoring Power Options: After performing a fresh install to Windows 11, updating drivers and completing all Windows updates. When the System > Power & Battery > Screen and Sleep settings are modified for both battery power and plugged in settings to 3 hours before the "turn off my screen" event...
  3. Windows 11 on an Dell Laptop Ignoring Power Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 on an Dell Laptop Ignoring Power Options: After performing a fresh install to Windows 11, updating drivers and completing all Windows updates. When the System > Power & Battery > Screen and Sleep settings are modified for both battery power and plugged in settings to 3 hours before the "turn off my screen" event...
  4. power settings ignored

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power settings ignored: Windows 10 is ignoring power settings and locks screen after 1 minute, troubleshooting power settings did not help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-settings-ignored/3933bc6a-c203-4728-bffa-3b8b57dbc455
  5. Problems while changing power options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems while changing power options: Hi, I had problems while changing my power settings. It's saying "Some settings are managed by your system administrator". I am only one user and I am only the admin. Here is the screenshot- [ATTACH]...
  6. Sleep and power settings ignored

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep and power settings ignored: Hi, I am having problems with power settings. I followed following instructions from the forum: 1. Do nothing when closing lid when plugged in 2. Turn off Uncheck fast startup 3. Turn off Hybrid sleep for both on battery and plugged in 4.Checked screensaver and put some...
  7. Windows 10 1909 ignoring power options?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 1909 ignoring power options?: Hi all, i have got windows 10 on my laptop and i limited cpu frequency to 3.4ghz (instead of 4ghz) and i also set maximum processor frequency to 85% giving me the same result, originally i had no issue of this until 1903 came out which ruined this! After alot of googling i...
  8. Power options change by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Power options change by itself: I always change my power options from windows high performance to my custom power options every time i turn on my laptop and today i just left and lock my computer for about 2 minutes when i go back i notice the power options change by itself to high performance. At first i...
  9. Add Hard disk burst ignore time to Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Hard disk burst ignore time to Power Options in Windows: How to: Add Hard disk burst ignore time to Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Hard disk burst ignore time" from Power Options in Windows Having your HDDs automatically turned off after being idle can help save energy and extend a PC's battery life. The...
  10. power options change on their own

in Windows 10 Support
    power options change on their own: power options change on their own when the laptop go's to sleep. Acer aspire 7750G-9810 CPU: Intel Core i7 2670QM 6GB Ram 17459